Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 03:25:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Congratulations Golden Eagles  (Read 1914 times)

UK CAT

• Walk-On
Congratulations Golden Eagles
« on: March 20, 2008, 04:55:30 PM »
Well, you guys did it. You got that first round jinx off of your back and managed to give UK it's first First-round loss in over 20 years.

You guys played very well when you guys put the ball on the floor and drove to the basket. UK did a poor job of rotating  on defense and MU made them pay for it. You guys made the big shots when you needed them and the free throws down the stretch were the seal on the deal.

I thought the officiating was average overall. It was a little to inconsistent for my liking and that's for both teams. You guys probably should have got those intentional foul calls at the end of the game. I thought the refs were a little to liberal inside the paint but that's part of the game and if anything else, at least they were consistently inconsistent. :-)

What did I tell you about Joe Crawford? If you don't keep him in check he will put up 35 on you...and he did. The downside for me is that the other UK players couldn't put 9 more points on the board.

Anyway...good win for MU. You guys earned it. You beat my Wildcats fair and square and I can't protest. Good luck to MU the rest of the way. I hope you guys make it all the way. It doesn't hurt as bad if you lose to the eventual national champs.

It's been a good week here with you guys. Best of luck and I'll see you the next time around.

Cardinal19

• Walk-On
Re: Congratulations Golden Eagles
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 05:00:12 PM »
Now thats a very classy UK fan.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 05:00:41 PM »
thanks UK CAT - you're a class act.  It was a good game.. you guys never gave up at all.. I am sure I am not the only one yelling "oh crap" every time we got a decent lead only to have it reduced to 2 or less.  you're welcome here anytime - hope to see you again soon!
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
Now we have 2 Kentucky fans we like.  Ashley is also welcome here anytime.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 05:03:35 PM »
Thanks.

Since Kentucky won't be needing him any more, any chance we can borrow Joe for the rest of the tournament?

ultimate

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 05:05:03 PM »
Thanks UK CAT...I must say I've always had respect for UK fans, especially the fan that bought me a shot of Bourbon up in Minneapolis in 2003 and all the older ladies with knit sweaters cheering their asses off.  You guys have a great fan base!!

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 05:06:26 PM »
Yeah, Crawford was just sick!

Also, I see what you mean now with the whole thing about UK taking a lot of time on a possession but not looking like it.  Very great game to watch.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 05:11:31 PM »
Great heart, toughness and character from that group.  Losr the guy who brought you in(Tubby).  Have aterrible start to the year, injuries etc. and battle all the way back to have an outstanding confernce record and make the Big Dance.  I think that says it all obout Bradley and Crawford.

On the other hand I dont know if it is happiness or relief for our three junior guards.  But i a m just so glad to se them get that weight off their chests.  Despite the inseason tournamnet victories the trmendous Big east seasons etc, they were looked ta as disappointmnets due to their lack of success in the NCAA's.  That is the only thing I dont like about the NCAA's. Unlike the bowl seasons where the last thought of the season for half the teams is a win, 64 of the 65 teams in the NCAA go out on a loss.  Not arguing the BCS is better ...far from it, and that is another discussion its just the going out on a loss part sux.  

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 05:51:07 PM »
Thanks UKCat! You are one classy fan!

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 05:55:40 PM »
After the initial bad start to the year, the injury to Patterson and the grilling of Gillespie in the media. you should be proud of your team's effort this season.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 08:47:13 PM »
That's one cool cat - ukcat - thanks for the nice post.  1st class.

feedback