Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: CBS coverage maps  (Read 2335 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
CBS coverage maps
« on: March 17, 2008, 01:33:10 AM »
I have put in a request tonight for the coverage maps and will share them when I get them.  They might release them faster elsewhere, not sure. However, if I do get them I'll let everyone know if you're in good shape or piss poor shape to watch the game based on where they are going to broadcast it in your area.

Hopefully around noon CST time tomorrow I'll have them.

1990Warrior

• Team Captain
Re: CBS coverage maps
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:17:56 AM »
For people out of the Milwaukee area, I can tell you that I have used March madness on demand the last two years and overall was not satisfied.  The first year I could not log in even though I had signed up for a VIP pass.  Last year I was able to watch but the quality of the feed was not very good.  It was better than watching the ticker though.

Luckily for me I live in Lexington where they will bring in a TV to where I work so there will be no problem this year to watch the first round game.

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 10:36:33 AM »
This will be the first year I enjoy Mega March Madness on DirecTV. I can't wait!

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 11:11:09 AM »
The only problem with March Madness package is if MU game is televised in your area and we are spanking Kentucky or vice versa. Then, they will switch over to another game and you won't get MU game on one of the other MM channels. I believe you have to call up and ask that they manually switch game since they black out game on MM that was originally scheduled to be shown on CBS.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 11:24:45 AM »
The only problem with March Madness package is if MU game is televised in your area and we are spanking Kentucky or vice versa. Then, they will switch over to another game and you won't get MU game on one of the other MM channels. I believe you have to call up and ask that they manually switch game since they black out game on MM that was originally scheduled to be shown on CBS.

Agreed....one of the most frustrating experiences....it happened last year against MSU.  They switched away from the MU game and I couldn't get the game on any of the other Mega March Madness channels....which, I thought, was the entire point of buying that package.  Having to call and manually allow you to view the game is ridiculous.

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 11:38:36 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. I did think that there was no way to get a game which had been switched. Instead of broadcasting 4 games, they broadcast 4 feeds and the feeds can change during the course of the game. Perhaps they've rectified this. Chicos, can you confirm or deny this information?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 01:37:49 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I did think that there was no way to get a game which had been switched. Instead of broadcasting 4 games, they broadcast 4 feeds and the feeds can change during the course of the game. Perhaps they've rectified this. Chicos, can you confirm or deny this information?

If they switch out they are supposed to manually switch it for you.  It doesn't happen instantly.

However, things are a little different this year because flex feeds no longer exist from CBS which was one of the problems the last few years.  Plus on the mix channel, there are never any blackouts so worst case scenario if it's down for a minute or two is to go to the mix channel (4 games at once) and the game will be on there.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 01:38:23 PM »
I spoke to our guys and I should have the coverage maps later today for everyone.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 01:38:48 PM »
For people out of the Milwaukee area, I can tell you that I have used March madness on demand the last two years and overall was not satisfied.  The first year I could not log in even though I had signed up for a VIP pass.  Last year I was able to watch but the quality of the feed was not very good.  It was better than watching the ticker though.

Luckily for me I live in Lexington where they will bring in a TV to where I work so there will be no problem this year to watch the first round game.

Time warner did carry 3-4 games at once with the HD package....the only problem was Marquette was the main game and they broadcasted in standard definition because they couldn't handle the bandwidth associated with 4 HD bb games; picture was bad.

Hopefully that has changed this year, otherwise I'll head to a bar...yes, I'm and HD snob.

feedback