Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ensuring the future of the state rivalry  (Read 2621 times)

MUEng92

• All American
Ensuring the future of the state rivalry
« on: March 15, 2008, 09:21:48 PM »
I didn't realize how well children can be brainwashed.  I had the end of the Wisconsin game on this afternoon and my seven year old daughter came in the room and watched with me.  MSU was up when she arrived.  The first thing she said was "yes, the green team is beating Wisconsin".  With just about every basket Wisconsin made in their comeback, she let out a growl or a grunt.

Then, during a commercial, she tells me that during "health" class (by the way, when did they start having health class in 1st grade?) yesterday, her teacher had them watch the Wisconsin game on an internet feed.  I might expect this at a public school, but she goes to a Catholic school!  I don't know if she was doing it for my benefit, but she sounded like she was mad that they had to watch Wisconsin and couldn't watch Marquette.   I have done my part to ensure the rivalry will live on for at least one more generation!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: Ensuring the future of the state rivalry
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 09:28:27 PM »
You are a good father! Between the Catholic school, and the UW-Madison hatred, its guys like you (and me, and many others here) that provide hope for the future.

I have a son in the 1st grade. He's very tempermental and bit a bit undersized, but smart as a whip and a handsome devil like his Dad, so in 20 years or so when you are ready to let her date, let me know - seems like a perfect match.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 09:30:57 PM »
That's BS. There is no place for that in our school systems. To me it's no different then teachers trying to influence kids with their political leanings. That being said, big props to you for teaching your daughter at a young age which way is right and which way is wrong!!  ;D
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 09:31:54 PM »
My high school girl's team now all root for Marquette and hate Wisconsin. ;D

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 10:09:48 PM »
I'm really glad that my kids never liked Wisconsin and never wanted to go there for college. 

It really bugs me though when people, when they find out we are not Wisconsin fans, give us a hard time.  I love it that they are so exasperated.....

Give me a break.........never have been, never will be a fan.........

New Era Warriors

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 12:44:43 AM »
I am 17, live in Chicago, and I'm going to Marquette next year. I ensure you all that I HATE Wisconsin and most of my buddies hate them too. 

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 12:51:35 AM »
I am 17, live in Chicago, and I'm going to Marquette next year. I ensure you all that I HATE Wisconsin and most of my buddies hate them too. 

Not even there yet but already posting, hating Madison, and influencing friends. Quality kid for MU to snag I'd say.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 09:19:08 AM »

I used to be down about the future of our society, but this gives me hope . . . sniff . . . sniff . . .  I think I have something in my eye.

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
Congratulations Shooter, and FredWarrior
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 09:22:42 AM »
I salute YOU!!!!!!

In another note, one of my good friends used to tell me that they forced them to learn OnWisconsin in Music class in Oak Creek.

Luckily his dad was smart enough to pull him out of class for those days.

I would complain to the school about the health teacher letting students watch a basketball game.  I can gurantee you that it was not noted in here lesson plan

muball

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 09:27:05 AM »
the school administration should raise the hiring standards for teachers at the school. Your over paying for the quality of teacher your daughter has. 

romey

• All American
Re: Congratulations Shooter, and FredWarrior
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 09:42:47 AM »
I would complain to the school about the health teacher letting students watch a basketball game.  I can gurantee you that it was not noted in here lesson plan
Perhaps it's a health class experiment and they're trying to make the kids sick.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 11:49:32 AM »
I prefer to take the high road here. As a recipient of 2 degrees from Marquette, my loyalty and allegiance is beyond question, but I can and do appreciate UW for what it is, a first class large public university that enjoys both high academic ranking and a successful athletic program.
For years, MU faithful seem to want to justify their self-inflicted inferiority complex with regards to UW by insulting and denegrating the institution. Fact is, we just look foolish and stupid in doing so. There is plenty of room in this state for both schools, who have and bring different missions to the table, for both to flourish and co-exist.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 04:12:11 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 04:00:13 PM »
I prefer to take the high road here. As a recipient of 2 degrees from Marquette, my loyalty and allegiance is beyond question, but I can and do appreciate UW for what it is, a first class large public university that enjoys both high academic ranking and a successful athletic program.
For years, MU faithful seem to want to justify their self-inflicted inferiority complex with regards to UW by insulting and denegrating the institution. Fact is, we just look foolish and stupid in doing so. There is plenty of room in this state for both schools, who have and bring different missions to the table, for both to flourish and co-exist.
Whatever.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 04:09:12 PM »
I can never, never, NEVER take the high road with Moscow East. Any school that has on its faculty someone who blames 9/11 on the United States should be shuttered. I root for any team to beat them in any sport at any time.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 04:24:22 PM »
I can never, never, NEVER take the high road with Moscow East. Any school that has on its faculty someone who blames 9/11 on the United States should be shuttered. I root for any team to beat them in any sport at any time.

We have that and then some on the Marquette faculty.

Fortunately, we also have some sane faculty members to balance out once in a while.

feedback