[June 07, 2024, 09:44:59 PM]

2024-25 Roster by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[June 07, 2024, 08:14:24 PM]

Incoming freshmen by tower912
[June 07, 2024, 08:06:40 PM]

Ranking Big East Centers by The Equalizer
[June 07, 2024, 05:10:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lunardi has us as a 6 seed now against Illinois State (nm)  (Read 3667 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Lunardi has us as a 6 seed now against Illinois State (nm)
« on: March 15, 2008, 10:47:14 AM »

drewm88

• All American
Re: Lunardi has us as a 6 seed now against Illinois State
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 11:16:05 AM »
If you check his Nitty Gritty report, he lists us as the 3rd #5 seed. I don't know if that's just a mistake or if we are a 5 that got dropped for a procedural reason.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: Lunardi has us as a 6 seed now against Illinois State (nm)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 11:35:44 AM »
A 6 sure seems likely, and the more I think about it, a better chance of a 7 than a 5.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 11:42:19 AM »
We play in a great conference that we finished tied for 5th out of 16.  We have a very good rpi.  Our last 12 is pretty good.  We have a big win at UW.  SOS is pretty good.  I am not saying we won't get a 7 but if we do it would be as big of screw job as we received last night.  We are either a low 5 or a high 6.  Indiana and ND should not be seeded higher than us period and they are our main competition for a 5.  Indiana has been horrible since Sampson resigned.  We beat ND twice and I don't think they have a bigger non-conference win than us but I might be mistaken about that.  Too lazy to look.

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 11:52:08 AM »
There are 3 teams I hope I don't see in MU's side of the bracket - Stanford, North Carolina, and Kansas. Those are the 3 teams that I just don't think MU can beat unless they shoot out of their mind. I think we can definately hang with and possibly beat all the other top teams in the country. Tennessee, Memphis, UCLA, Duke, and Texas are top 10 teams I believe we can upset if we play well. UCLA would prolly be the toughest of this bunch to beat though.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 01:41:38 PM »
what I don't get is how MU loses to a very good Pitt team, that when full strength can beat the likes of Duke, lets face it, without injuries, this Pitt team might have won the BE... and we drop to a 6

Purdue loses to a lousy Illinois team, 5

Indiana was given a gift by the refs by receiving 3 fouls with 5 seconds left in the game, and still lose to a lousy Minnesota team, 5

and now Michigan St is a 5???

does he honestly think these three teams would hang in the Big East or any other conference, come on.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 01:45:57 PM »
what I don't get is how MU loses to a very good Pitt team, that when full strength can beat the likes of Duke, lets face it, without injuries, this Pitt team might have won the BE... and we drop to a 6

Purdue loses to a lousy Illinois team, 5

Indiana was given a gift by the refs by receiving 3 fouls with 5 seconds left in the game, and still lose to a lousy Minnesota team, 5

and now Michigan St is a 5???

does he honestly think these three teams would hang in the Big East or any other conference, come on.
Yeah that makes no sense whatsoever.  I mean, even the best team in that conference (Wisconsin) lost AT HOME to our sixth best (although I don't think we truly are the sixth best, I would say third or fourth) team...and the case that they weren't playing good basketball at the time does not work, because they went and won AT Texas the next weekend WITHOUT their ONLY athlete/starting point guard/2nd best (or best) player, and Texas had the two most impressive wins to date AT UCLA and AT Tennessee and are still in the running for a 1 seed.  If their best team can't even beat our sixth best team at home it says something about the conference as a whole...I'd be surprised to see more than 1 team in the Sweet Sixteen from the Big Ten and wouldn't be surprised if everyone was out after the first weekend.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 01:51:06 PM »
I can see us getting dropped to a 6 based on the sheer number of Big East teams that will be clustered around the 4/5 seed line.  UConn, ND, maybe Pitt (assuming a BET Championship), and us all have valid cases for a 4-5 seed.

Also, how in God's name are Michigan State, Purdue, and IU all worthy of a 5 seed? Purdue's got an RPI of 45 and got bounced by a 15-18 Illinois team. And IU lost to Penn State and Minnesota to finish out their season.  Maybe MSU if they win the Big 10 tourney, but again, why all three?   ?-(
The General has taken on a new command.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »
is it possible for the people who check the bracketology to check one of the more reputable sources, i.e. that one guy that has gotten like 2 seedings wrong in the past 5 years.  Lunardi is clueless when it comes to seedings and is off more often than he is on.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 03:41:51 PM »
is it possible for the people who check the bracketology to check one of the more reputable sources, i.e. that one guy that has gotten like 2 seedings wrong in the past 5 years.  Lunardi is clueless when it comes to seedings and is off more often than he is on.

I think u are speaking of Jerry Palm

http://www.collegerpi.com/

He currently has MU as a 5 seed -- but that does not include last night's loss

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 06:05:43 PM »
Chico might be happy if Lunardi is true: MU @ Anaheim.

But I DO NOT want to play Stanford!  >:(
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:08:15 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
Chico might be happy if Lunardi is true: MU @ Anaheim.

But I DO NOT want to play Stanford!  >:(

Actually, MU has lost the last three NCAA tournament games I have attended in person.  I have tickets for Anaheim but have already decided I'm not going if we go there.  I know, sounds stupid as hell but that's the way it is.  Now, if they go to Phoenix I will be going as I have tickets there also and at that point it's all gravy anyway.

Frozen Caveman Coach

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 07:55:08 PM »
I am sure there are a lot of fans that have been at the last 3 losses.  There will not be any MU fans at the game if everyone is as superstitious as you.  Maybe try wearing a different pair of underwear.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 07:56:56 PM by Frozen Caveman Coach »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 07:57:16 PM »
I am sure there are a lot of fans that have been at the last 3 losses.  There will not be any MU fans at the game if everyone is as superstitious as you.  Maybe try wearing a different pair of underware.

C'mon now.

Be nice. Let him play out his superstitions.

I may have to trek down to Anaheim for it. I HOPE they end up there!
SS Marquette

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 09:06:46 PM »
This entire thread could have been eliminated. Why bother brainstorming. Just ask Nate, he had the entire bracket nailed last night on the chat.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GO_MU02

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »
I do not want to see Stanford and the Lopez twins in the 2nd round.  I just dont see how Lundari still has Indiana at a 5.  Losing to Minnesota is just bad.  IU hasnt done anythind since Sampson took the money and ran.  If you are going to penalize teams for being without key players, you would think you would penalize a team for what they have done since their coach left.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 09:50:03 PM »
ND's excellence appears to be smoke and mirrors. While they have a couple good players, they are containable, and they are sub-.500 away from the JACC.

I see an early out.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 10:37:33 PM »
I think our correct seed is a five. However, a 6 seed would not surprise me. Anything worse than that is an insult. Notre Dame being seeded ahead of us would also be an insult.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 03:32:10 AM »
There are 3 teams I hope I don't see in MU's side of the bracket - Stanford, North Carolina, and Kansas. Those are the 3 teams that I just don't think MU can beat unless they shoot out of their mind. I think we can definately hang with and possibly beat all the other top teams in the country. Tennessee, Memphis, UCLA, Duke, and Texas are top 10 teams I believe we can upset if we play well. UCLA would prolly be the toughest of this bunch to beat though.

Palm's latest bracket has MU as a 6 playing Stanford in round 2 (St. Joes - round 1).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:43:42 AM by Eye »
GO WARRIORS!

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 08:12:38 AM »
Checked Lunardi and he has us playing Arizona in round one and then Stanford in round two.  Seems like we should be at least the top #6 and this is not the best matchup for us.  In Anaheim no less.  Let's hope that he is dead wrong.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 01:29:43 PM »

I think u are speaking of Jerry Palm

http://www.collegerpi.com/

He currently has MU as a 5 seed -- but that does not include last night's loss

yup, that's the guy, thanks NYWarrior