[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Galway Eagle
[Today at 04:04:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU shows great fight  (Read 1502 times)

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
MU shows great fight
« on: March 14, 2008, 10:23:10 PM »
Guys, this team fought like hell....started far too slow bur showed gumption.  Good sign, fighters

Time to play for real

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: MU shows great fight
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 10:39:05 PM »
While I am disappointed the way this game went down, I am not necessarily all that disappointed we lost. We obviously weren't able to help our seed, but I'm also not convinced a win would have, and I don't think getting pounded by Georgetown tomorrow would have necessarily accomplished that either (I am convinced that is what is going to happen to Pitt, and what would have happened to us). So from that standpoint, I don't think this game ultimately has much impact, if any.

I'll take the experience it gave us. We clearly displayed plenty of toughness. We have frankly had too many near misses like this. At some point, they are gonna go our way.

I'll take the extra rest. As I said, I'm not sure we gain much by getting smaoked by Georgetown, so I'm not sure an extra day to get ready for the NCAA is the worst thing.

It seems that Pitt and Georgetown are becoming to the BET, what UC and UNCC were to the CUSA Tournament.

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 10:41:59 PM »
Bobby Lutz invitational

i know ousmane barro

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 10:43:08 PM »
While I am disappointed the way this game went down, I am not necessarily all that disappointed we lost. We obviously weren't able to help our seed, but I'm also not convinced a win would have, and I don't think getting pounded by Georgetown tomorrow would have necessarily accomplished that either (I am convinced that is what is going to happen to Pitt, and what would have happened to us).

Um, remember when we outplayed Gtown and only lost by one or two points? That was only a few weeks ago. We would have killed Gtown, if Tim Higgins hadn't killed us first.

Rocky's edit: dude, show some class.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 12:26:39 AM by rocky_warrior »

mviale

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 10:46:17 PM »
That last 10 min of the 1st half was our worst showing.  Hopefully, we have gotten that out of our system

I am convinced the team can go sweet 16 if they dont hurt themselves.

Hats off to Pitt
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 10:48:27 PM »
Not sure if you've watched any of this tournament, but Georgetown has had two comfortable wins, has played 2 games to MU/Pitt's three - three wars no less. In a one game situation, I'd agree with you. In this situation, especially in light of G'town's stellar track record in this tournament, as much as I think MU is typically tough as nails, that game would have been over before it started.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 10:56:18 PM »
While I am disappointed the way this game went down, I am not necessarily all that disappointed we lost. We obviously weren't able to help our seed, but I'm also not convinced a win would have, and I don't think getting pounded by Georgetown tomorrow would have necessarily accomplished that either (I am convinced that is what is going to happen to Pitt, and what would have happened to us). So from that standpoint, I don't think this game ultimately has much impact, if any.

I'll take the experience it gave us. We clearly displayed plenty of toughness. We have frankly had too many near misses like this. At some point, they are gonna go our way.

I'll take the extra rest. As I said, I'm not sure we gain much by getting smaoked by Georgetown, so I'm not sure an extra day to get ready for the NCAA is the worst thing.

It seems that Pitt and Georgetown are becoming to the BET, what UC and UNCC were to the CUSA Tournament.

I really think after all that Georgetown would be hungry and rested enough to beat us since we have to be exhausted.  But while the extra day of rest might be helpful for us, I'm weighing it against our seeding when Vandy, Purdue, Xavier, and Indiana all lose, Michigan State has a good chance to win the Big Ten tournament (I still will not bring myself to cheer for the Badgers).  With four or five teams projected to be close in the seeding to us losing or setting themselves up to pass us, the extra win might have been good enough to move us up one from whatever we get.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 11:00:42 PM »
Personally, I'd prefer a 6 to a 4 or a 5, and I think that may be where we're headed, but a 5 wouldn't surprise me.

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 11:04:05 PM »
very proud of our guys. ugly first half but they showed guts in the second, which ya gotta appreciate. lets get at it next week.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 11:22:04 PM »
Speaking of "great fights", one good thing I'm taking away from this loss is that I won't have to switch back and forth between the BET Championship (I probably wouldn't even if we were playing in it) and

JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ vs. MANNY PACQUIAO, "Unfinished Business"!!!!

This is just me excited and totally off topic, but yeah, tomorrow night is probably bigger than all of March Madness combined from a global perspective.

GO PACMAN!  I'm gonna have to watch myself, I'm so used to saying "Let's go MARQuette!" that I might let a "MARQuez" slip.