[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Extremely Proud  (Read 1974 times)

Big Papi

• All American
Extremely Proud
« on: March 14, 2008, 09:59:53 PM »
We haven't been in this game at all and we could very well lose by 20 plus but I am extremely proud of the way we have battled both opponents tonight.  Also glad to see TC fight for his team. 

Need to shore up some major areas for next week and have a chip on our shoulders.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Extremely Proud
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 10:32:13 PM »
Our guys are going to be very up for the next game.  I feel great about this team.  I don't like blaming refs either, but tonight was just a poorly officiated game.  Period.  It was so rough, to ridiculous inside the paint.

You could tell how our guys were feeling absolutely jobbed. 

I, for one, and SO DAMN GLAD not to playing any more Big East teams for awhile.  The mauling, bruising crap can go by the wayside for a bit more open game.

Fire up MU.  Let's put together a little streak starting next week.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 10:40:51 PM »
I do not know what it is about us.  The backcourt violation call against Acker might be the most blatant terrible call I have seen ever.  He gets shoved into a second defender who whacks him and pushes him backward beyond the three point line with a ref right there and no call.

The phantom foul on Matthews to start the second half.  Hayward getting whacked on the made basket.  It was brutal.

I was very proud of how we battled.  Regardless of the brutal reffing, if we shoot like that in any game from here on out we'll be in trouble.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 10:43:31 PM »
That was a hell of a fight they put up in the second half.  They were really frustrated with the calls, to the point where it wouldn't have even been a surprise if McNeal was T'ed up for his 5th foul from the bench on that terrible out of bounds call and Burke came a hair away from losing it a couple times.  We have the fight to win some games next week, but we can't have four starters go scoreless in the first half and we can't let the refs do us in no matter what calls they want to make.  

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 10:56:21 PM »
I despise blaming officials, but it was really bad. As tough as our guys were tonight, I think they let themselves get a bit too caught up in the bad officiating. Understandable, but I think they just failed to adapt to the fact that the calls weren't going to go their way. Perhaps that is a BET experience thing that Pitt obviously has that we don't. Just a theory, but MU's palyers were far more aware of the refs than Pitt's were. Sometimes you bring it on yourselves.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 10:58:25 PM »
I'm really proud of the way our guys hung in there. I was calling for Crean's T a few minutes before he did it, but apparently his timing was pretty good....

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 11:00:17 PM »
I do not know what it is about us.  The backcourt violation call against Acker might be the most blatant terrible call I have seen ever.  He gets shoved into a second defender who whacks him and pushes him backward beyond the three point line with a ref right there and no call.

The phantom foul on Matthews to start the second half.  Hayward getting whacked on the made basket.  It was brutal.

I was very proud of how we battled.  Regardless of the brutal reffing, if we shoot like that in any game from here on out we'll be in trouble.

How about Fields and Young being allowed to bowl over their defender while McNeal gets 2 charge calls. When do our stars start getting the benefit of the doubt?

i know ousmane barro

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 11:00:32 PM »
I despise blaming officials, but it was really bad. As tough as our guys were tonight, I think they let themselves get a bit too caught up in the bad officiating. Understandable, but I think they just failed to adapt to the fact that the calls weren't going to go their way. Perhaps that is a BET experience thing that Pitt obviously has that we don't. Just a theory, but MU's palyers were far more aware of the refs than Pitt's were. Sometimes you bring it on yourselves.

It's kind of hard not to be aware of them when they call 4 fouls on your best player almost immediately and basically make it their personal mission to destroy you.