Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Viper
[Today at 04:49:52 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Digger and Knight Post Game?  (Read 3533 times)

sigep80

• Scholarship Player
Digger and Knight Post Game?
« on: March 14, 2008, 11:06:59 AM »
Did anyone catch a Digger and Knight post game report?  They were very much on the Domer bandwagon at halftime, and I wonder what they had to say after we destroyed them in the second half -

I think they were probably finished for the night after the half, did you catch after the game.

BTW - who do you dislike more, Gody or Mac?  I love the way MU shut down Mac for three games, I really can't stand listening to the announcers when he starts playing well.  It's even worse than "Godys been on the bench for 5 minutes now" s**t.

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: Digger and Knight Post Game?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 11:09:07 AM »
ESPN went straight to SportsCenter.  Digger & the General took their Irish lovefest back to the hotel together after the halftime report.

More disliked:  Gody.  Not even close.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
I don't have any reason to hate Macalarney.  He has a great shot and doesn't carry on like Harongody does with the refs.  My biggest beef with MacAlarney is how his drug suspension gets talked about every game.  Its not his fault, I'm just tired of hearing about it.
As for Harongody, I hated him last year for the crap he pulled when we played them last year. And while I'm still annoyed by his theatrics with the refs, I must admit to respecting how hard he plays and how good he is.  It was a great win last night.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 11:44:11 AM »
What Mac can do is amazing!  Twice i saw him pull up for a 3 and his feet were no where near square to the basket.  But when he jumps, he doesn't shoot until his body is completely square.  I have to hand it to him, he has a nice shot!

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 11:49:29 AM »
I hate MacAlarney and Harangody only because they are very good and they make it difficult to beat ND.  It's easy to find reasons to dislike someone who's killing your team.  I therefore hate Gody more because he hurts us more.

At any rate, very nice win over a solid team.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 12:18:27 PM »
I listened to ESPN radio on the way in this morning, and Knight was on.  Not a Marquette mention from him.  He was gushy about Pitt.  Puke.
Ludum habemus.

MUinCO

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 12:20:11 PM »
What a friggn ND love fest that was...

'ND this, Harangody BE player of the year that, MacAlarney likes weed...but is a great american for facing the music and sticking with ND.'

'Oh...and BTW basketball fans...MU 89...ND 79.'

'Now back to our discussion of ND's chances in the NCAA tournament!  What kind of seed do you think they'll get now Digger?'

I for one will be wearing GOLD on Monday.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 12:25:25 PM »
I listened to ESPN radio on the way in this morning, and Knight was on.  Not a Marquette mention from him.  He was gushy about Pitt.  Puke.

and about WVU and huggy bear  ?-(
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 12:32:13 PM »
no need for love... just keep winning, stay under the radar.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 12:37:49 PM »

+1

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 12:43:10 PM »
Coach Knight made some good points- we weren't playing well at half considering Harangody was out for 10 mins.

sigep80

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 01:03:40 PM »
Gody was out for 10 minutes because....Ouse was manhandling him.  Give our guys credit for taking Gody out of the game.  Enough of that "MU blew it because they didn't take advantage of Gody being out" crap.

MU shut Gody down, that's why he only played 7 minutes in the first half and why he was held way below his season average.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 01:06:00 PM »
Coach Knight made some good points- we weren't playing well at half considering Harangody was out for 10 mins.

I think Knight was a great addition to ESPN. The media in Chicago is being hard on him in a totally lame attempt to bring down the guy who bullied them for so long. He's way better than that horse's arse Digger Phelps.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 01:06:59 PM »
are we still complaining about what Digger Phelps, the former Notre Dame coach, had to say about the game at half?  Notre Dame was winning, usually they talk about the winning team... my gosh, did you expect anything less.  We won, and if they would have went to Bobby and Digger, they would have talked about Ouse stopping Gody, McNeal's play, Acker's threes, etc.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 01:08:42 PM »

+1

what! what? Crew, nice new graphics.  I don't suppose you have a wallpaper sized version?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 01:31:12 PM »

I think Knight was a great addition to ESPN. The media in Chicago is being hard on him in a totally lame attempt to bring down the guy who bullied them for so long. He's way better than that horse's arse Digger Phelps.

We like Knight, too....that's why we just signed him and Howland to promoted Mega March Madness!   ;D

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 01:33:53 PM »
I thought Knight was funny, witty and articulate. Can we get him to take over Stephen Anal Smith's show?

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 01:41:32 PM »
Gody was out for 10 minutes because....Ouse was manhandling him.  Give our guys credit for taking Gody out of the game.  Enough of that "MU blew it because they didn't take advantage of Gody being out" crap.

MU shut Gody down, that's why he only played 7 minutes in the first half and why he was held way below his season average.
I loved how OOze bodied Shrek and moved away.  Shrek was pushing so hard he traveled after Ooze moved away.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 02:10:44 PM »
Wasn't Digger saying "McNeal can flat out play!"?  "Acker can flat out shoot!"  "Crean can flat out coach", etc. etc.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 03:15:12 PM »

I loved how OOze bodied Shrek and moved away.  Shrek was pushing so hard he traveled after Ooze moved away.

That's what TM called "pulling out the chair".
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 03:15:54 PM »
Bobbie is still pissed off from when MU destroyed Texas Tech in the CBE classic last year.

MUWeb7

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 04:04:58 PM »

That's what TM called "pulling out the chair".

Yeah, it looks like TM has been helpin ooze with some moves!

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 04:08:16 PM »
Gody was out for 10 minutes because....Ouse was manhandling him. 

I gave Ooze tremendous props for the way he played against him. But you can't ignore the 2 fouls Harangody had in the first 10 minutes of the game. It probably had a little to do with him being out...

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 06:47:24 PM »
Knight's a pud

ppp098

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 06:55:48 PM »
knight can kiss my arse