collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lute back in the saddle next year...  (Read 5760 times)

Pago Warrior

• Scholarship Player
Lute back in the saddle next year...
« on: March 10, 2008, 03:51:19 PM »
Interestingly, no reference to KO's plans next year which is curious to me in light of a previous thread on this board indicating some serious difference of opinions between the two coachs.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7895658?MSNHPHMA

ATWizJr

• All American
Lute returns!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 06:07:42 PM »
In what can only be considered a very bad omen for KO, Lute Olsen has decided to un-retire and take the reins again at Zona.  Would expect KO's
 departure at season's end or earlier.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: Lute returns!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 06:13:15 PM »
In what can only be considered a very bad omen for KO, Lute Olsen has decided to un-retire and take the reins again at Zona.  Would expect KO's
 departure at season's end or earlier.

He never retired - it was a leave of absence to handle his divorce from the evil one.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 06:19:17 PM »
It's been reported that KO got into Lute's doghouse because of playback by players complaining tp Lute of KO's bad language and dehumanizing dressing down of players. KO is a very arrogant and polarizing person-----that's why he's had 5 or 6 different jobs in the last 14 years.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 07:14:04 PM »
It's been reported that KO got into Lute's doghouse because of playback by players complaining tp Lute of KO's bad language and dehumanizing dressing down of players. KO is a very arrogant and polarizing person-----that's why he's had 5 or 6 different jobs in the last 14 years.

Where did you hear this??? Seems like lies to me. I know the players like KO. I think your personal dislike of KO is at play here. You have zero evidence of dehumanizing dressing down of players. Quit the fabrications pal.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 07:17:29 PM »
There was a link to that effect on the other board.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Lute back in the saddle next year...
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 08:51:29 PM »
Murf: you'll have to provide that link if you want any credibility.. until then (and probably even after then) you're just speculating.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Pago Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 09:48:19 AM »

Where did you hear this??? Seems like lies to me. I know the players like KO. I think your personal dislike of KO is at play here. You have zero evidence of dehumanizing dressing down of players. Quit the fabrications pal.

I believe there's a bit of truth to what both of you are saying.
Several who have played for KO in the past will defend him to the end, but they will also attest that his style is one that isn't the most gentle either.  He is known to have a very sharp tongue and can be quite colorful with the language.

Based on that, it wouldn't seem implausible that perhaps some of the Cats either weren't used to that or didn't care for that type of treatment relative to how Lute handles his players.  If that's the case that's unfortunate because it seemed like he would have been a good fit there.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 11:36:06 AM »

I believe there's a bit of truth to what both of you are saying.
Several who have played for KO in the past will defend him to the end, but they will also attest that his style is one that isn't the most gentle either.  He is known to have a very sharp tongue and can be quite colorful with the language.

Based on that, it wouldn't seem implausible that perhaps some of the Cats either weren't used to that or didn't care for that type of treatment relative to how Lute handles his players.  If that's the case that's unfortunate because it seemed like he would have been a good fit there.

I forget who it was, but I heard one reporter say it was actually the opposite.  The new players were taking too much of a liking to KO, and didn't seem to want Olson back.  So he started going back in to try to get back in their good graces and that just made KO upset and the situation blew up.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Gregg Doyle just unloads on KO
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 01:13:58 PM »
Didn't spare many punches on this one

http://cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/10706807/rss

Pago Warrior

• Scholarship Player
Re: Lute back in the saddle next year...
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 01:16:27 PM »
Here's an article by Doyel essentially saying KO is the problem and Lute is coming back just to try to restore some order.

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/10706807

PuertoRicanNightmare

Re: Gregg Doyle just unloads on KO
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 01:22:47 PM »
He's not very kind to Lute, either.