Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What do we do now?!  (Read 4792 times)

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
What do we do now?!
« on: March 04, 2008, 09:29:08 PM »
 ?-(

Now that Ouse will be gone, what will we throw up?!

This guy I watched the Georgetown game next to, he was going "MMMMM!" and rubbing his stomach whenever Mbakwe got a huge board...I joined in on that....donno if it'll catch on though, haha

"I want to thank you guys for booing me for 4 years"
haha, funny guy, that Ousemane.

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: What do we do now?!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 08:27:21 AM »
I'm pretty sure he said "Oooing", not "booing".  It was funny, either way.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 08:43:33 AM »
i think he said booing. thats where the joke was. thanks for Oooing me is not funny.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 08:46:16 AM »
I was thinking .. with some comedy support, he could have made that speech better:

Ooze: Um, now that I've got you all here, I'd just like to say I always wondered why you guys booed me all the time.  I know I'm supposed to be tough and all, but that really hurt all these four years.

(pause, fake listens to someone in crowd)

Ooze:  Oh, what?  Huh?  You were yelling Oooooze?  OHHHHH!!!  

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 09:17:48 AM »
thanks for Oooing me is not funny.

It was to me.  Cracked me up.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 11:07:31 AM »
i think he said booing. thats where the joke was. thanks for Oooing me is not funny.

That was clearly the highlight of my night. Also, I never knew that the MU hoops team were a bunch of clowns. Seemed like they were razzing Ousmane pretty good during his speech (especially Hayward). It's nice to see a team that gets along with each other so well.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 05:11:59 PM »
speaking of Hayward, was working the Humphrey front desk yesterday when Lazar and Scott came in. They were talking about hunting rabbits and fishing and Scott was going on and on about how much fun it would be if Lazar came up for a visit and they went out back and shot some rabbits. Lazar was just like, 'i can't do that. i'm ok eating stuff but i don't want to be the one killing it.'  guess you kinda had to be there but it gave me a little chuckle anyway in the monotonous grind of working that desk.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 05:24:08 PM »

That was clearly the highlight of my night. Also, I never knew that the MU hoops team were a bunch of clowns. Seemed like they were razzing Ousmane pretty good during his speech (especially Hayward). It's nice to see a team that gets along with each other so well.

That was my impression as well--they seem to genuinely like each other.  Lots of good natured ribbing. 
Ludum habemus.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 05:48:46 PM »
Also regarding Hayward: when the video of Trend's dunk becomes available, watch Lazar on the bench.  Kinda funny.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 10:48:45 AM »
speaking of Hayward, was working the Humphrey front desk yesterday when Lazar and Scott came in. They were talking about hunting rabbits and fishing and Scott was going on and on about how much fun it would be if Lazar came up for a visit and they went out back and shot some rabbits. Lazar was just like, 'i can't do that. i'm ok eating stuff but i don't want to be the one killing it.'  guess you kinda had to be there but it gave me a little chuckle anyway in the monotonous grind of working that desk.

I had that same job as well about 8 or 9 years ago. Probably did my best stuying at that desk. Ahhh the days of Wardle, Nnamaka, Henry, Harris, Miller, Mueller, Barone, and my personal favorite John Polonowski! Coach Deane was a prick but I always loved when Coach Ellis stopped by. There's not a nicer guy in the world.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 10:55:05 AM »

I talked to Ooze last night and asked him what he said (drumroll)....... Booing. "thanks for booing me."

this puppy is now put to rest.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

MUfan2

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 11:50:32 AM »
I was thinking .. with some comedy support, he could have made that speech better:

Ooze: Um, now that I've got you all here, I'd just like to say I always wondered why you guys booed me all the time.  I know I'm supposed to be tough and all, but that really hurt all these four years.

(pause, fake listens to someone in crowd)

Ooze:  Oh, what?  Huh?  You were yelling Oooooze?  OHHHHH!!!  

Wow.  Yikes.  Let's hope you're not persuing a career in comedy. 
"If you are making your decision based on climate, you're probably not tough enough to play here." - Buzz Williams

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 11:54:29 AM »

I talked to Ooze last night and asked him what he said (drumroll)....... Booing. "thanks for booing me."

this puppy is now put to rest.

Thanks for the followup, jbw.  Now I can tell my son what Ooze really said, and we'll crack up again.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 03:19:23 PM »

Wow.  Yikes.  Let's hope you're not persuing a career in comedy. 

Oh, hush.  Had Ooze done that with his Sengalese/French English tongue, it would have brought the house down.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 04:34:31 PM »

I had that same job as well about 8 or 9 years ago. Probably did my best stuying at that desk. Ahhh the days of Wardle, Nnamaka, Henry, Harris, Miller, Mueller, Barone, and my personal favorite John Polonowski! Coach Deane was a prick but I always loved when Coach Ellis stopped by. There's not a nicer guy in the world.

Deane may have been a lot of things, but he was not a "prick."

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 05:33:19 PM »
Um...anyways, the point of this thread was intended to discuss what kind of hand/arm sign we'd throw up and what kind of noise we'd make now that Ouse has played his final home game.

If O'tule (Otule?) is solid, maybe keep the "O" arms change the "Ooooo" to an "OHHHH"...no?

I kinda like the one guy's idea of rubbing our stomachs and going "MMMM" whenever Mbakwe does something...it'd be weird, but interesting...

Oh well...I'm gonna miss throwing up the "O" and going "Oooooooooouse!"

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 05:35:08 PM »
Um...anyways, the point of this thread was intended to discuss...

Hah.  We've had a LOT of thread drift lately.  What can you do...must be March!!

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 06:19:15 PM »
Also regarding Hayward: when the video of Trend's dunk becomes available, watch Lazar on the bench.  Kinda funny.

Lazar was also egging on the "we want Tommy" chants from the bench at one point, pumping his hands in unison with the cheers. this seems to be a good-natured team.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 08:32:20 AM »
Um...anyways, the point of this thread was intended to discuss what kind of hand/arm sign we'd throw up and what kind of noise we'd make now that Ouse has played his final home game.

If O'tule (Otule?) is solid, maybe keep the "O" arms change the "Ooooo" to an "OHHHH"...no?

I kinda like the one guy's idea of rubbing our stomachs and going "MMMM" whenever Mbakwe does something...it'd be weird, but interesting...

Oh well...I'm gonna miss throwing up the "O" and going "Oooooooooouse!"

I think we can keep the same 'ooooooooo' sound as in O'tooooooooooole.  From what I'm read on the kid though, we may not get to worry about this till his sophomore year.  Expect Hazel-type minutes next year.