[Today at 12:46:34 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tommy Brice  (Read 2933 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Tommy Brice
« on: March 04, 2008, 10:50:41 AM »
Now I am the guy who hates it when people chant "We Want Tommy" at the end of games...

...but I think with the game being Florida Gulf Coast and all what harm would it to if he got his 90 seconds at the begining of the game and got the start?

TJ

• All American
Re: Tommy Brice
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 10:54:08 AM »
None!  I would be more than happy tonight to see a starting lineup of Barro, Blackledge, Fitzgerald, Brice, and James (someone's got to takes this spot!).

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 11:01:25 AM »
Sure, why not. The kid was a walk on for all four years, I think. It'd be awesome for him to get the start. FGCU may consider it disrespectful, though. If nothing else I'd like for the kid to get a few quality minutes towards the end of the game, and have TC take him and get some cheers from the crowd.
We Are Marquette

TJ

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 11:09:22 AM »
FGCU may consider it disrespectful, though.
Certainly in a normal game, but they know it's senior night and what that means.  They have one too I'm sure.  It's a reward for all the seniors for their years of hard work and FGCU will understand.

And if they don't?  They're evil and must be destroyed anyway!

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 11:35:42 AM »
I don't know how Crean feels about stats for our regulars so that broadcasters can say things like "he started every game the last two seasons" or whatever, but I would start Barro, Blackledge, and Fitzgerald tonight, and give all three at least 20 minutes.  I know we probably won't do it, but this game is no real tune-up, as the opponent is not a team capable of making us work too much for the win.

Reward the seniors.  Give Brice a good 5 minutes in a row so he can get in the flow of the game, too.  And pull him out before the game is over so he can get his ovation.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 03:29:26 PM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »
I don't know how Crean feels about stats for our regulars so that broadcasters can say things like "he started every game the last two seasons" or whatever, but I would start Barro, Blackledge, and Fitzgerald tonight, and give all three at least 20 minutes.  I know we probably won't do it, but this gameis no real tune-up going on in this game, as the opponent is not a team capable of making us work too much for the win.

Reward the seniors.  Give Brice a good 5 minutes in a row so he can get in the flow of the game, too.  And pull him out before the game is over so he can get his ovation.

Agreed.  Al always started the seniors on senior night, even if playing a tough team, w/ the exception of walk-ons ( but they did get their minutes-sometimes at start of second half).

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 12:46:25 PM »
How about getting a 20 point lead at halftime, then starting the 4 seniors + James in the 2nd half.  I still wouldn't give Brice much time, as I think we need to get all the PT for Blackledge, Christopherson, Burke, and Mbakwe that we can, but if he's going to get 90 seconds, lets make it really stand out.

feedback