Main Menu
collapse

Resources

25-26 SOTG Tally

2025-26 Season SoG Tally
Ross6
James Jr4
Parham1
Stevens1

'24-25 * '23-24 * '22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

Big East Standings

Recent Posts

Big East offseason news by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 01:48:28 PM]


1977 Championship 50th Anniversary (New Uniform) by cheebs09
[Today at 01:41:34 PM]


Single-game tickets by Vander Blue Man Group
[Today at 01:00:15 PM]


Recruiting as of 6/15/26 by MuMark
[Today at 11:13:16 AM]


‘26-27 Schedule by 100AcreNation
[Today at 11:11:18 AM]


26-27 Predictions by LloydsLegs
[Today at 09:54:00 AM]


Is this company legit? by MU82
[September 30, 2026, 05:49:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address. We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or signup NOW!

Next up:  @ Green Bay (Exhibition)

Marquette
Marquette @
Green Bay (Ex)
Date/Time: Oct 19, 2026
TV: NA
Schedule for 2026-27
12 - 20

TAMU, Knower of Ball

#25
Quote from: Captain Quette on September 15, 2026, 12:25:41 PMPredict 18 and 14. Miss NCAA but team is very much improved versus last year.

IDK that 18-14 would miss the NCAAT now that the field has been expanded. Last year only seven high major teams that had 18 or more regular season wins missed the tournament:

20-10 California
20-11 Seton Hall
20-11 Stanford
19-12 Virginia Tech
18-13 Indiana
18-13 West Virginia
18-13 Oklahoma State

With eight additional spots, over half of them...or high major teams with less than 18 regular season wins probably get into the tournament. We know that three of them for sure would have made it because they were in the first four out (Auburn, Indiana, Oklahoma).

Additionally, all seven played extremely weak non-conference schedules. Marquette's will be considerably tougher, meaning 18 wins would probably be enough.
Quote from: Goose on January 15, 2023, 08:43:46 PM
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.


Captain Quette

I suppose the number of Q1 wins in that 18 would be important plus I did not include performance in BE tourney. Trying to be consistent w my overall perspective for next year that we will be a better team but perhaps only slightly above .500.

Definitely still shell shocked from last year.

Shooter McGavin

Quote from: Captain Quette on September 15, 2026, 06:11:42 PMI suppose the number of Q1 wins in that 18 would be important plus I did not include performance in BE tourney. Trying to be consistent w my overall perspective for next year that we will be a better team but perhaps only slightly above .500.

Definitely still shell shocked from last year.

Would not represent progress and nearly the entire roster would need to be replaced.   
TRGV

Captain Quette

6 more wins, better record in BE, players having improved seasons, contesting for ncaa bid. That would be improvement. Think a distinction is expectations of what fans think is a better season. My expectations are tempered for next year.

We need significant YoY development from current players and new guys to be talent upgrades. Otherwise in the 15 to 18 win range. 

Shooter McGavin

If they go into the season with your expectations, the staff has lost its way.  Last year was hopefully a one off. There were many reasons for it.  Poor returning talent evaluation by coaches, poor in game coaching decisions for half the year because of it and the best players being underclassmen with little to no experience).  I think they have addressed many of those those concerns with retention and the portal. Depth is a problem.  Need to be healthy.  But if healthy they should be better than 18 wins.  I am not taking the record last year as a baseline for improvement. We should all flush that down the toilet. 
TRGV

Captain Quette

Shooter. I was wrong with my predictions last year and could be again this year. A lot of unknown variables at this point generating a lot of different opinion on WL record for next year. I think what you suggest is very feasible, reasonable. After Kolek and Oso left, it has been a prolonged, slow decline. Will next year stop this trend.....TBD. Go Marquette!

Jay Bee

Quote from: Captain Quette on September 15, 2026, 08:17:36 PMAfter Kolek and Oso left, it has been a prolonged, slow decline. Will next year stop this trend.....TBD. Go Marquette!

To be fair (accurate), the year before last MU was 18-3 (9-1) and rolling post-Oso and Tyler.
The portal is NOT closed.

Captain Quette

JB. Good fact, hurting my thesis. I remember the good Ole days w fondness.

hawk

While last season has left an emotional scar for sure, I sincerely doubt there is any chance of a repeat.  The boys finished way better than they started last season.  The preseason T-Rank last year was 53.  This year it is 29.  Torvik has MU 4th behind St. Johns, U Conn and Villanova.  Turn the page fellas, going to be a good year. 20-12 overall and 12-8 in conference.  dancing in March again.


TAMU, Knower of Ball

Quote from: MuMark on September 17, 2026, 10:53:58 AMhttps://x.com/scouting_col/status/2100405142826684499?s=61

I like that he ranks us higher than most...but I question the legitimacy of a preseason ranking with UAB in the top 20 and Toledo in the top 50.
Quote from: Goose on January 15, 2023, 08:43:46 PM
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.


Scoop Snoop

#36
Quote from: TAMU, Knower of Ball on September 17, 2026, 11:24:33 AMI like that he ranks us higher than most...but I question the legitimacy of a preseason ranking with UAB in the top 20 and Toledo in the top 50.

And where is Xavier in his list?

Then admitting that he forgot Michigan, and adding they would be 10-15 does not instill confidence. I like Marquette at 26, but we need to see other forecasters' lists that place us somewhere around there. I have trouble taking this guy very seriously.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

Same guy has Nigel James as a first team All American. I love me some NJ, but that may be setting the bar a smidge too high.
Quote from: Goose on January 15, 2023, 08:43:46 PM
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.


Scoop Snoop

#38
Quote from: TAMU, Knower of Ball on September 17, 2026, 12:09:54 PMSame guy has Nigel James as a first team All American. I love me some NJ, but that may be setting the bar a smidge too high.

Well, at least he has Creighton on his list, because like Gard, McDermott always gets it done.  ;D
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

dgies9156

Exhibitions:
@UWGB: Who cares.  W
Michigan St: Who cares. L

Non-Conference:
Mercyhurst: W
Detroit Mercy: W
@Michigan: L
Mizzou (in Chicago): L
Northern Illinois: W
Chicago St: W
Virginia (Atlantis): W
Texas A&M (Atlantis): W
Wagner: W
Wisconsin: W
New Hampshire: W
Mississippi St: W
Non-Conference Record: 10-2

Conference:
Xavier W
@Butler: W
@Creighton: L
Providence: W
@Villanova: L
@UConn: L
DePaul: W
Creighton: W
@Xavier: W
@Seton Hall: W
Butler: W
St. John's: W
Georgetown: W (NMD)
@Providence: L
@ST. John's: L
UConn: W
Seton Hall: W
Villanova: W
@Georgetown: W
@DePaul: W
Overall Record: 25-7
Big East Record: 15-5

Postseason:
BET Seed: 2
BET Finish: 4
Postseason Tournament/Seed: 5
Postseason Finish: 2-1

MuMark

Not sure I'm buying the Jai comparison at least not yet........but anyway.....here is another preview

https://cbbreview.com/2026/09/28/cbb-rank-26-27-no-34-marquette-basketball/

tower912

Too small.   However, I can see somewhere between Nowell and Markus.  If he stays 5 years, I can envision him making a run at Howard's career points record.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

Galway Eagle

Quote from: MuMark on September 29, 2026, 01:30:24 PMNot sure I'm buying the Jai comparison at least not yet........but anyway.....here is another preview

https://cbbreview.com/2026/09/28/cbb-rank-26-27-no-34-marquette-basketball/

If we finish as the 34th best team with the big east POY and finish 5th that'd be a wild big east season.
Retire Terry Rand's jersey!

NCMUFan

We will win some and lose some.  Overall better than last year but nowhere what we were the previous three seasons before last season.

MU82

Quote from: MuMark on September 29, 2026, 01:30:24 PMNot sure I'm buying the Jai comparison at least not yet........but anyway.....here is another preview

https://cbbreview.com/2026/09/28/cbb-rank-26-27-no-34-marquette-basketball/

Michael Phillips "clearly was in Smart's favor, starting 17 games."

Wut?
"It's not how white men fight." - Tucker Carlson

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." - George Washington

"In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Jay Bee

Quote from: MuMark on September 29, 2026, 01:30:24 PMNot sure I'm buying the Jai comparison at least not yet........but anyway.....here is another preview

https://cbbreview.com/2026/09/28/cbb-rank-26-27-no-34-marquette-basketball/

"The team was hoping Chase Ross could take a leap and be the number one option. While he took the leap, it didn't translate as they thought it would, and other problems piled on as the season went on."  - No and No

Weird to not mention the early 'season ends' for Zaide and Sean... and to not mention the MASSIVE uncertainty with the married dude.

I rank this article, 'crappy'.
The portal is NOT closed.


tower912

Big East coaches pick MU 4th, with one first place vote.  (Thanks, Rick)
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

Jay Bee

#48
Nigel 1st
Royce 2nd
Fru 3rd

Preseason all BEast team selections
The portal is NOT closed.

tower912

#49
Quote from: Jay Bee on Today at 07:49:49 AMNigel 1st
Rice 2nd
Fru 3rd

Preseason all BEast team selections
Rice?  Glen?  Jerry?
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

Previous topic - Next topic