Main Menu
collapse

Resources

Recent Posts

‘26-27 Schedule by MU82
[Today at 07:39:02 PM]


2027 Bracketology by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:09:34 PM]


Recruiting as of 6/15/26 by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:01:51 PM]


Big East offseason news by MU82
[Today at 02:05:05 PM]


Open Scrimmage by Jay Bee
[Today at 01:46:49 PM]


1977 Championship 50th Anniversary (New Uniform) by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[October 05, 2026, 08:54:38 PM]


26-27 Predictions by WhiteTrash
[October 05, 2026, 04:49:17 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address. We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or signup NOW!


MuggsyB

#1600
Quote from: SoCalEagle on October 04, 2026, 10:08:51 PMDodgers not looking like world beaters tonight. Did these guys win the NL West this year? 

True.  But it's not over yet. 

I stand corrected.

MuggsyB

I have no idea how this pre-contract stuff works, but will the Brewers be able to sign Jesus Made to a Chourio like contract?  Ty. 

forgetful

Quote from: MuggsyB on October 04, 2026, 06:30:49 PMTwo great games btw. 

Phenomenal games to watch. So excited for the Brewers.

If you are the Padres though, you have to be kicking yourself.

MU82

"It's not how white men fight." - Tucker Carlson

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." - George Washington

"In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

GB Warrior

Quote from: forgetful on October 04, 2026, 10:26:20 PMPhenomenal games to watch. So excited for the Brewers.

If you are the Padres though, you have to be kicking yourself.

Sign of how good both of these teams are when both teams come away from this feeling like they should be 2-0

MuggsyB

Quote from: GB Warrior on October 05, 2026, 07:53:45 AMSign of how good both of these teams are when both teams come away from this feeling like they should be 2-0


They may very well be the two best teams right now.  That said, both clubs had some crazy errors that were uncharacteristic.  The Brewers epitomize a complete ball-club from top to bottom.  Everyone contributes and they've overcome losing 2+ starters if you include Harrison.  Yesterday Frelick was huge.  Not only did he get on base and knock in the first run, he made a great throw to third to get the final out of that inning.  Also, that wasn't exactly a routine winning run.  Chourio laced that ball with insane velocity, scoring was no gimmie.  The turn Frelick made from 3rd was elite.  Now all that said, this series is long from over.  It's time for Milwaukee to refocus quickly and play their best in San Diego. 

The Sultan

Quote from: MuggsyB on October 04, 2026, 10:22:36 PMI have no idea how this pre-contract stuff works, but will the Brewers be able to sign Jesus Made to a Chourio like contract?  Ty. 

The Brewers have offered these contracts just before they project a potential call-up to the majors. My guess is that Made will be at AAA next season, and if he does well, will be offered such a contract prior to 2028. They still have Turang for a couple more arbitration years and still control Joey Ortiz, so there isn't a rush to get him up.
"I am one of those who think the best friend of a nation is he who most faithfully rebukes her for her sins—and he her worst enemy, who, under the specious and popular garb of patriotism, seeks to excuse, palliate, and defend them" - Frederick Douglass

GB Warrior

Quote from: The Sultan on October 05, 2026, 08:50:24 AMThe Brewers have offered these contracts just before they project a potential call-up to the majors. My guess is that Made will be at AAA next season, and if he does well, will be offered such a contract prior to 2028. They still have Turang for a couple more arbitration years and still control Joey Ortiz, so there isn't a rush to get him up.

I think a lot of factors too - what does the CBA landscape look like? Are there changes to arbitration rules? Does Made want to make that deal (Skenes did not)? Assuming we have a semi normal spring, I would be shocked if he is not up by mid next year. But you also have AAA as a leverage to entice him to come up.

What will be interesting is what position he breaks camp at. He's only been a shortstop, and they have Pratt on a long-term deal. The Brewer seem to want their prospects to stay at the harder positions til they prove they can't cut it (Made at SS vs 3B, Fischer at 3B vs 1B).

To your point , there is zero urgency given in-house options playing as well as they have.


Uncle Rico

Quote from: MuggsyB on October 04, 2026, 08:31:39 PMHow about drawing 3 walks in the 9th?

That'll get lost in history but that at-bats leading to Chourio's hit shouldn't be forgotten.

It's hard to do, but the more stressful pitches you can put on an elite closer, the better chance of success.  An absolute clinic of an inning.
🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷

Uncle Rico

Quote from: GB Warrior on October 05, 2026, 09:09:03 AMI think a lot of factors too - what does the CBA landscape look like? Are there changes to arbitration rules? Does Made want to make that deal (Skenes did not)? Assuming we have a semi normal spring, I would be shocked if he is not up by mid next year. But you also have AAA as a leverage to entice him to come up.

What will be interesting is what position he breaks camp at. He's only been a shortstop, and they have Pratt on a long-term deal. The Brewer seem to want their prospects to stay at the harder positions til they prove they can't cut it (Made at SS vs 3B, Fischer at 3B vs 1B).

To your point , there is zero urgency given in-house options playing as well as they have.

I'll be surprised if he signs a deal.
🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷

GB Warrior

Quote from: Uncle Rico on October 05, 2026, 10:28:24 AMI'll be surprised if he signs a deal.

I don't think he does either. But unless something changes in the CBA, the Brewers are in no hurry

The Sultan

Quote from: wadesworld on October 05, 2026, 10:22:29 AMhttps://x.com/Shafftybro2/status/2106893832692646369?s=46


I have a Bear fan co-worker who went to her first Bears' game yesterday, and she reported back this morning "It's so strange. The fans kept chanting 'Green Bay sucks' and we weren't even playing the Packers..."

I smiled and said, "well they are just getting ready for next week."
"I am one of those who think the best friend of a nation is he who most faithfully rebukes her for her sins—and he her worst enemy, who, under the specious and popular garb of patriotism, seeks to excuse, palliate, and defend them" - Frederick Douglass

Uncle Rico

Quote from: The Sultan on October 05, 2026, 11:46:16 AMI have a Bear fan co-worker who went to her first Bears' game yesterday, and she reported back this morning "It's so strange. The fans kept chanting 'Green Bay sucks' and we weren't even playing the Packers..."

I smiled and said, "well they are just getting ready for next week."

I am very curious to see how many Bears fans will be at Lambeau Sunday.  I bet there will be a LOT.
🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷

The Sultan

Quote from: Uncle Rico on October 05, 2026, 11:48:02 AMI am very curious to see how many Bears fans will be at Lambeau Sunday.  I bet there will be a LOT.


I think you are correct. Not only because of their current trajectories, but a gold package game at noon with a potential NLCS first pitch later that day?
"I am one of those who think the best friend of a nation is he who most faithfully rebukes her for her sins—and he her worst enemy, who, under the specious and popular garb of patriotism, seeks to excuse, palliate, and defend them" - Frederick Douglass

Uncle Rico

Quote from: The Sultan on October 05, 2026, 11:52:08 AMI think you are correct. Not only because of their current trajectories, but a gold package game at noon with a potential NLCS first pitch later that day?

This is anecdotal, but given how much Packers fans travel, I am curious how many sell tix to pay for a trip to different cities. 

I know they've always taken over Tampa, but it seems more prevalent the last few years where there have been a lot of Packers fans at road games
🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷

Dish

Don't love removing Burke here with how he's dealing.

tower912

...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

Dish


WhiteTrash


tower912

#1620
3 errors in the first inning.  Could have been 4.  Holy shnikeys.


And only one run.  Payroll.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

tower912

And another dome roof hit.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

MuggsyB

The experts said Cleveland was a heavy favorite today. 

Uncle Rico

Quote from: MuggsyB on October 05, 2026, 08:04:36 PMThe experts said Cleveland was a heavy favorite today. 

Which experts said "heavy favorites"?
🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷

GB Warrior


Previous topic - Next topic