Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Other Side of Fitzgerald  (Read 1516 times)

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
The Other Side of Fitzgerald
« on: February 26, 2008, 07:23:54 AM »
Is it just me, or is Dan Fitzgerald becoming a defensive force? 

Okay, he's no DJ or Cubillan or anything like that, but in the last few games, he's come up with big steals and clutch rebounds, even though he hasn't been making too many shots. 

In addition, he's making less and less (well..maybe just one "less") dumb fouls as he enters games.

So yeah, everyone's getting hot on our team, and it's great to see someone known only for his outside shot to be contributing in other ways.

tower912

• All American
Re: The Other Side of Fitzgerald
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 07:43:08 AM »
His back/ribs and wrist don't hurt.   He has his mobility back and he is a 5th year senior.   I would hope he would play some defense by now.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

romey

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 07:53:28 AM »
I AM disappointed (understatement) that he has become a one-dimensional offensive player and not very good at that of late.  He didn't even attempt a shot last night.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 08:06:29 AM »
I have been impressed with Fitz over the last few games until last night.  Everytime he was in there Villanova made a run.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 08:38:36 AM »
I have noticed an improvement in Fitz's defense the last couple games...not a huge improvement, but he has moved his feet better and has gotten a couple of 50/50 balls which he was not doing earlier. 

His shooting is a concern...I'm waiting for a breakout game for him...something like a 3-4 or 4-5 3PG would get him going I think.  He seems to be on a "pass first" mentality rather than getting in position to shoot as the ball is coming his way...just my amateur opinion.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 08:42:12 AM »
I have been impressed with Fitz over the last few games until last night.  Everytime he was in there Villanova made a run.

Maybe Fitz should have switched to the chimpanzee channel.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

feedback