Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: This squad is playing the best basketball down the strectch  (Read 2013 times)

79Warrior

• All American
This squad is playing the best basketball down the strectch
« on: February 25, 2008, 10:17:50 PM »

than any MU team in a long time. We may have finally broken the late season struggles.

SPL

• Walk-On
Re: This squad is playing the best basketball down the strectch
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 10:31:24 PM »
While tonight's game was huge and in may ways the most important of the season, Saturday's matchup vs. Georgetown will go a long way to defining the character of this team. While technically not a "must win," beating a top 10 team for the first time this season (UW wasn't in the top 20 when we beat them earlier in the season) would do wonders to get this team psychologically ready for the NCAAs.

But I must say I like our chances vs G'town MUCH better after tonight.  8-)

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 11:15:50 PM »
The other thing about our test on Saturday is that we are playing against a type of team (e.g. Looeyville and UConn) that has kicked our butts in three games this season.  Georgetown does not have as many talented big guys as UofL or UConn, but they have an all conference one and some pretty good ones.

I don't like us against really good defensive teams and we are about to play one.  This is the true test on Saturday.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 09:20:39 AM »

than any MU team in a long time. We may have finally broken the late season struggles.

Is it coincidental that Murph hasn't been around in ages?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 09:34:08 AM »
Murf is over on the scout board, taking credit for the late season play, because TC is doing what Murf has been saying he should.    ::)
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 09:53:40 AM »
Murf is over on the scout board, taking credit for the late season play, because TC is doing what Murf has been saying he should.    ::)

Great. Now Murff will be coming back. Way to jinx it.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 12:41:17 PM »
hey.. I generally like murf... he talks out of his rear sometimes and never admits to being wrong but I like that when I weed all that stuff out he has some genuine insight.. and he stands by it.  In fact.. maybe I'll give him a free membership to this site!
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 12:58:21 PM »
hey.. I generally like murf... he talks out of his rear sometimes and never admits to being wrong but I like that when I weed all that stuff out he has some genuine insight.. and he stands by it.  In fact.. maybe I'll give him a free membership to this site!

A free membership, wow Sprial, that's might fine of you.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 01:25:37 PM »

A free membership, wow Sprial, that's might fine of you.

thanks!  just for that you get one too!  8-)
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 01:26:13 PM »
I agree that this Saturday will be huge for this team.  In the last 5 they have done exactly what I hoped they would do.  Going into that streach I felt the Seton Hall game was absolutely must win and if we did win the others would follow.  And that has all happened.  Nova was big because they were a step up from St Johns or Seton Hall.  That said Nova is no Louisville or UConn both teams that handed our hat to us.  If we are now for real we will beat GTown at home.  That will give us another quality win that will effect our NCAA seed.  After that as much as I'd like to win out and have a shot at the bye I feel we could go into the Cuse real loose.  If we win we win, if not little damage done.