[October 22, 2024, 07:09:33 PM]

Recruiting as of 9/15/24 by We R Final Four
[October 22, 2024, 06:51:53 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Oldgym
[October 22, 2024, 05:29:19 PM]

Marquette Retiring Jim Chones Jersey by Nukem2
[October 22, 2024, 04:06:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: End of Chevron doctrine  (Read 9868 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: End of Chevron doctrine
« Reply #250 on: July 05, 2024, 08:20:30 AM »
You guys are so cute with your precedents and past practices.

Is that similar to the practice of not allowing a Supreme Court Justice to get a hearing in an election year that prevented Merrick Garland from being seated? The same practice that was ignored to seat Amy Coney Barrett before RBG's body was cold?

Or the precedent that all these justices declared Roe to be settled law in their hearings before overruling as soon as they had a chance?

The laws and Constitution are little more than a speed bump to pave the way for Project 2025 that is designed to lock in one party rule as soon as possible.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #251 on: July 05, 2024, 08:28:31 AM »
You guys are so cute with your precedents and past practices.

Is that similar to the practice of not allowing a Supreme Court Justice to get a hearing in an election year that prevented Merrick Garland from being seated? The same practice that was ignored to seat Amy Coney Barrett before RBG's body was cold?

Or the precedent that all these justices declared Roe to be settled law in their hearings before overruling as soon as they had a chance?

The laws and Constitution are little more than a speed bump to pave the way for Project 2025 that is designed to lock in one party rule as soon as possible.

They’ve been saying it out loud.  For a long time.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #252 on: July 05, 2024, 08:30:42 AM »
you guys and your "coups"  the capital police sure didn't act as if they were under siege at all, but keep er going I guess

Uh…wut?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #253 on: July 05, 2024, 08:40:37 AM »
If you're afraid of Project 2025 - and you should be - you should be way more concerned with the Dems trotting out the corpse of Joe Biden this fall than you should with John Roberts.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #254 on: July 05, 2024, 08:43:53 AM »
If you're afraid of Project 2025 - and you should be - you should be way more concerned with the Dems trotting out the corpse of Joe Biden this fall than you should with John Roberts.

Mostly because the court will have four septuagenarians.

• All American
« Reply #255 on: July 05, 2024, 08:44:57 AM »

Correct.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2024, 08:46:50 AM »
100%.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #257 on: July 05, 2024, 09:05:29 AM »

Sign me up for a brokered convention tomorrow. Whitmer, Warnock, Shapiro, Beshear, any of them would win because the country is desperate for anyone that isn't "these same two" and they could walk away from the weaknesses in Biden's support (Gaza policy, age issues, etc).

But it's not Roberts that should scare people. Roberts hasn't been in control of this court for the past four years. It's the Heritage Foundation court now. SCOTUS exists to enable Project 2025. Just like Trump continues to exist for that reason.

This SCOTUS action, along with Project 2025, is the right wing trying to advance their unitary executive theory that will in effect be the Republican version of the 1933 Enabling Act that made Germany a one-party state.

It can happen here, and all of this is efforts to make it happen here.

• All American
« Reply #258 on: July 05, 2024, 09:16:18 AM »
This SCOTUS action, along with Project 2025, is the right wing trying to advance their unitary executive theory that will in effect be the Republican version of the 1933 Enabling Act that made Germany a one-party state.

Hyperbolic nonsense.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #259 on: July 05, 2024, 09:20:24 AM »
They’ve been saying it out loud.  For a long time.

Yes. Yet for some reason, people don't believe them when they explicitly spell out their plans for all of the world to see.

Yep, I fear for our country for both of those reasons, and a few others.

Yessir. Perhaps the scariest thing of all is that many people I consider intelligent and reasonable believe, for some reason, that it can't happen here.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #260 on: July 05, 2024, 09:25:24 AM »
Sign me up for a brokered convention tomorrow. Whitmer, Warnock, Shapiro, Beshear, any of them would win because the country is desperate for anyone that isn't "these same two" and they could walk away from the weaknesses in Biden's support (Gaza policy, age issues, etc).

But it's not Roberts that should scare people. Roberts hasn't been in control of this court for the past four years. It's the Heritage Foundation court now. SCOTUS exists to enable Project 2025. Just like Trump continues to exist for that reason.

You're naming a lot of people without name recognition that you think would beat Trump.  A brokered convention that produces a name that isn't Whitmer, Newsom, Pritzker, or Harris would probably lose since the average American has no clue who Josh Shapiro, Raphael Warnock, or Andy Bashear are.  I am a nerd, so I know, but they're not popular enough, especially with a far shorter election season.

Let's be honest, if Joe drops out, the Dems are running Kamala, and she is a different kind of disaster, but a disaster nonetheless.

• All American
« Reply #261 on: July 05, 2024, 09:27:36 AM »
You're naming a lot of people without name recognition that you think would beat Trump.  A brokered convention that produces a name that isn't Whitmer, Newsom, Pritzker, or Harris would probably lose since the average American has no clue who Josh Shapiro, Raphael Warnock, or Andy Bashear are.  I am a nerd, so I know, but they're not popular enough, especially with a far shorter election season.

Let's be honest, if Joe drops out, the Dems are running Kamala, and she is a different kind of disaster, but a disaster nonetheless.

Right. Biden should have dropped out two years ago. Now they are screwed no matter what they do.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2024, 09:31:13 AM »
Right. Biden should have dropped out two years ago. Now they are screwed no matter what they do.

Yes, he should have, but I'm not sure they're screwed.  Having said that, if Joe drops out I sincerely doubt that Trump agrees to do any more debates. 

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2024, 09:37:15 AM »

I disagree. I actually think any viable new name at this point is in better shape than they would've been had he dropped out 2 years ago. The campaign would be all energy with not enough time to create the negative narratives that come with an 18-month campaign.

The most popular refrain right now is "anybody but Trump or Biden." That's the one thing that would consolidate the country.

Hyperbolic nonsense.

I'm sure Germans in 1932 would've thought the same. The only nonsense is being so blind as to not see that is the goal and it's already in progress.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2024, 09:51:50 AM »
I disagree. I actually think any viable new name at this point is in better shape than they would've been had he dropped out 2 years ago. The campaign would be all energy with not enough time to create the negative narratives that come with an 18-month campaign.

The most popular refrain right now is "anybody but Trump or Biden." That's the one thing that would consolidate the country.

I'm sure Germans in 1932 would've thought the same. The only nonsense is being so blind as to not see that is the goal and it's already in progress.

Better than Biden?  Of course!  Able to win is an entirely different story.  I promise you there has already been a TON of oppo research that has been done for each of the potential Biden replacements. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2024, 09:58:15 AM »

This seems to ignore German history, which is quite different from American history, especially up to 1932.
The Nazi regime wasn't born in a vacuum and German authoritarianism wasn't created by Hitler. The Weimar Republic was the anomaly of German history, not the norm. Authoritarianism was the established and accepted government in Germany for centuries.
Suggesting that the political climate of the U.S. today is akin to 1932 Germany is historically inaccurate, and by miles. The Germans in 1932 wouldn't have suggested that fears of authoritarianism were hyperbolic. They would have said, "Well, yeah, that's who we are."
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 10:02:54 AM by Pakuni »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2024, 10:02:34 AM »
Speaking of Biden's status, I've seen some funny but on point tweets lately noting that the Democrats are acting like a sports team that's about to fire its coach. Closed door team meetings. Public votes of confidence, but leaks illustrating a sh*tshow behind the scenes. The coach/president promises that he's in it for the long haul.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2024, 10:08:27 AM »
The Germans in 1932 wouldn't have suggested that fears of authoritarianism were hyperbolic. They would have said, "Well, yeah, that's who we are."

That's reassuring.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #268 on: July 05, 2024, 10:17:08 AM »
Speaking of Biden's status, I've seen some funny but on point tweets lately noting that the Democrats are acting like a sports team that's about to fire its coach. Closed door team meetings. Public votes of confidence, but leaks illustrating a sh*tshow behind the scenes. The coach/president promises that he's in it for the long haul.

Very apropos

feedback