Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Something interesting to ponder  (Read 1201 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Something interesting to ponder
« on: February 25, 2008, 12:46:14 PM »
Slightly OT, but with Tennessee's win on Saturday night over Memphis, there's an obviously great chance that they'll now be a #1 seed.

I know a bunch of people on the board were talking about the NCAA tourney sites for this year, and it seems like every year there is always a sight somewhere in the Carolina's that hosts.

With UT's win, they are now in line for the #1 seed in the Charlotte regional, which up until last week, most people assumed would go to whoever won the ACC (Duke or Carolina). While the Duke/Carolina winner will still probably get a 1 seed, the interesting thing that comes into play is that whoever loses out, will most likely be the #2 seed in Charlotte (see Lunardi's bracket today, UT is #1 in the Charlotte regional, Duke is #2, Carolina is a #1 in the Detroit regional).

It'll be real interesting to see where the tourney places these three teams. This blogger does a good job analyzing things.

http://blog.crashingthedance.com/2008/02/going-to-caroli.html

mviale

• All American
Re: Something interesting to ponder
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 01:56:46 PM »
If Chris Lofton is all you got - They may lose that #1.

we know 3 better guards
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 01:59:32 PM »
I think the blogger is wrong about this.  While S-curve may decide where the number one seed gets placed, it cannot decide where the number 2 seed gets placed or it isn't an S-curve.  In addition to the closest regional, the tourney's top seed earns the right to face what the committee believes to be the weakest number 2 in it's region.  They adjust for conference affiliations, etc, but if they believe the best team is Tennessee, they'll get the weakest number 2, or the number 8 overall.  That is the definition of the S-curve.  It would be nice to see the committee send the ACC champ out west for a change, since that seems to be it's favorite thing to do to the Big East's best team.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:01:17 PM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 02:06:17 PM »
would love MU to be in Tennessee's region.

You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

feedback