[Today at 12:14:11 PM]

Ranking Big East Centers by MUbiz
[Today at 11:35:26 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MU82
[Today at 09:41:03 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:26:19 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: James to play tonight per ESPN  (Read 4066 times)

1990Warrior

• Team Captain
James to play tonight per ESPN
« on: February 25, 2008, 10:20:25 AM »
Here is the link to the preview:
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/preview?gameId=280560222

No details about the injury except that he is expected to play.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: James to play tonight per ESPN
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 10:26:39 AM »
Whew - good news - especially after watching that video.  OUCH!

TT - new rule, no slomo videos of painful injuries.  j/k

IlikecreansoIcantposthere

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 10:31:12 AM »

I was worried about tonight.  It looked like the kind of injury that is alright until you stop moving and the swelling takes over.  I turned an ankle in a game long ago and was able to finish just fine, but the next morning could not put any weight on it and the swelling didn't go down for days. 

1990Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 10:34:38 AM »

I was worried about tonight.  It looked like the kind of injury that is alright until you stop moving and the swelling takes over.  I turned an ankle in a game long ago and was able to finish just fine, but the next morning could not put any weight on it and the swelling didn't go down for days. 

I had the same worries.  Initially, I feared the worst; ACL or MCl sprain or tear, shattered kned cap etc., so I was happy to see him return to action. 
What a tough player!

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 10:47:55 AM »
Glad James is all right, honestly. This team is clearly better when he's in there.

With that disclaimer out of the way: Is anybody else tired of the Boy Who Cried Wolf schtick from James? It seems like every game there is an injury timeout for him, and it almost always turns into something very minor. The guy is either a total drama queen or his body makes quicker recoveries than anyone in history ...

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 11:03:21 AM »
Or he's tough as nails and doesn't want to sit out because of his love for his teamates.

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 11:17:26 AM »
Glad James is all right, honestly. This team is clearly better when he's in there.

With that disclaimer out of the way: Is anybody else tired of the Boy Who Cried Wolf schtick from James? It seems like every game there is an injury timeout for him, and it almost always turns into something very minor. The guy is either a total drama queen or his body makes quicker recoveries than anyone in history ...

Have you seen what has happened to him this year?  Landed on the same wrist 3 times, elbowed in the jaw, and had a center roll up his leg. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 11:24:38 AM »
What's remarkable is that we don't have a single other player helped off the court after landing awkwardly or twisting an ankle the entire year. What are the odds that all the scream-inducing injuries for the past three years have happened to the same guy?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 11:26:26 AM »
Why does everyone panic and continue to hold their breath every time he goes down?  And why do we get the "expected to play" message before practically every game?  Until I see James in street clothes at a game, I'm convinced no injury can look bad enough to keep him out of the lineup.

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 11:29:10 AM »
What's remarkable is that we don't have a single other player helped off the court after landing awkwardly or twisting an ankle the entire year. What are the odds that all the scream-inducing injuries for the past three years have happened to the same guy?

It's the way he plays.  He takes on guys in the lane.  People want him to drive, which puts him at a greater risk for injury, especially since he gets so high and he is smaller than others.  People yell at him for not penetrating.  Then, when he does and gets hit, he's not suppose to feel pain?

1990Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »
Why does everyone panic and continue to hold their breath every time he goes down?  And why do we get the "expected to play" message before practically every game?  Until I see James in street clothes at a game, I'm convinced no injury can look bad enough to keep him out of the lineup.

Did you see the injury?

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 11:47:25 AM »

This year, just off the top of my head, I can remember staff coming on the court twice for Wes and Coobs being helped off twice.