[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Maximilian Langenfeld  (Read 11494 times)

withoutbias

• All American
Re: Maximilian Langenfeld
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM »
Point guard

https://youtu.be/l-HgtzMBm7E?si=3ILtkjRJ6fXmvoPb

Buddy needs to take a breath. Keep that sports psychologist on staff.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2024, 08:58:32 AM »
(If this is legit)...If he starts, it is probably at Chase's expense.  6'6, 195 is not big enough to play the 4 in the Big East.

This fella would have to be really good to move chase to the 6th man.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2024, 08:59:31 AM »
Agreed.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2024, 08:59:37 AM »
4 years of eligibility?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2024, 09:03:51 AM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2024, 09:23:24 AM »

Yeah. I see Max as getting quite a bit of PT, but Chase has proven himself. Max as the 6th man seems much more in keeping with Shaka's culture than bringing him in as a starter.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2024, 09:25:30 AM »
If he comes, the team benefits from having more and deeper talent. If he is good enough to start, that just means that he's really, really, good.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2024, 09:30:39 AM »
If he comes, the team benefits from having more and deeper talent. If he is good enough to start, that just means that he's really, really, good.

Yep. If this young man joins the team, all the other stuff will work itself out.

In the past year, there were Scoop-takes that Ross should replace Stevie in the lineup, that Lowery should get some/lots of Joplin's PT, that Amadou should get some of Gold's minutes, etc.

Based on Shaka's record so far, I'm confident he will give out PT in a merit-based way. What I'm a little less confident of is Scoopers' ability to dole out PT to an international player who hasn't even had his visit yet.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2024, 09:37:39 AM »
If the jumper translates to this level, on a team lacking consistent outside shooting, it's not a stretch to say he's probably gonna find PT.

My bigger concern is how the physicality is going to impact him.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2024, 09:45:44 AM »
Yep. If this young man joins the team, all the other stuff will work itself out.

In the past year, there were Scoop-takes that Ross should replace Stevie in the lineup, that Lowery should get some/lots of Joplin's PT, that Amadou should get some of Gold's minutes, etc.

Based on Shaka's record so far, I'm confident he will give out PT in a merit-based way. What I'm a little less confident of is Scoopers' ability to dole out PT to an international player who hasn't even had his visit yet.

C'mon Mike! Speculating wildly is a daily occurrence on Scoop. Facts, (such as he may never come to Marquette) data, etc. is boring stuff that gets in the way. Loosen up man!
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2024, 09:49:02 AM »
Based on the videos I've seen, Max has the size, athleticism, and shooting ability to be a D1 prospect.

Other than that, we've got to wait and see.  You never know how players will adjust to college until they get there.  Chase would still project to be a starter, with Max competing for playing time with Tre, Zaide, and Damarius.

Just need two of those players to seize a rotation spot.  I wouldn't expect any of them to beat out Chase, but if someone does it's a bonus.  That would mean either a returning player made a huge leap or a newcomer is really, really good.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:30 AM »
This would be on paper Shaka’s best recruiting class, all 3 players will play. Last 2 years recruiting classes were average at best, you do not bring a kid in from Germany to seat on the bench

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2024, 10:18:33 AM »
This would be on paper Shaka’s best recruiting class, all 3 players will play. Last 2 years recruiting classes were average at best, you do not bring a kid in from Germany to seat on the bench

What if he's a great yodeler?  We could use some of that from the bench...

EDIT:  from the highlights his game reminds me of a Tyler Herro type player.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 10:21:02 AM by BrewCity83 »
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Zog from Margo

• Starter
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2024, 10:25:31 AM »
What if he's a great yodeler?  We could use some of that from the bench...

EDIT:  from the highlights his game reminds me of a Tyler Herro type player.

Will the intro music now be a polka?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2024, 10:34:18 AM »

Sean Miller brought in a guy from Lithuania, a guy from Slovenia, and a guy from Serbia this season. One started,  two came off the bench,  and the one who started was coming off the bench by the end of the season.  And that was for a .500 team.

My guess is that Maxi would come off the bench but still get significant minutes
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2024, 10:36:41 AM »
Every time I read the name, it sounds like an old school Bond villain.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2024, 12:45:02 PM »
Will the intro music now be a polka?
Why not. It's Milwaukee, Wi.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2024, 01:05:18 PM »
from the highlights his game reminds me of a Tyler Herro type player.

So what you're saying is that the Hausers hate him?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2024, 01:39:54 PM »
So what you're saying is that the Hausers hate him?

We can only hope...
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2024, 02:16:21 PM »
If he ends up here, he seems like a strong shooter from deep that can create his own shot. Something we could definitely use.

Assuming the commitment, there is a LOT of offensive firepower on next years roster (I am a bit bullish on the steps Zaide (and Lowery) and Tre make going into next year and have always thought Owens and Parham will contribute in spot minutes on that end of the floor...if their defense allows them to get on the floor).

Should be fun. Can't wait to hear how much Willie hates Maxi after he misses his first shot in action. A few early suggestions for you, willie: LangenFolds, Suximillian
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2024, 02:19:12 PM »
Should be fun. Can't wait to hear how much Willie hates Maxi after he misses his first shot in action. A few early suggestions for you, willie: LangenFolds, Suximillian

That's really funny.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2024, 02:20:26 PM »
If he ends up here, he seems like a strong shooter from deep that can create his own shot. Something we could definitely use.

Assuming the commitment, there is a LOT of offensive firepower on next years roster (I am a bit bullish on the steps Zaide (and Lowery) and Tre make going into next year and have always thought Owens and Parham will contribute in spot minutes on that end of the floor...if their defense allows them to get on the floor).

Miss-a-million.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2024, 02:22:08 PM »
That's really funny.

Trying to help willie out. My guess is he'll miss the obvious ones and go with something like Millian Dumb given the inability to hit the easy low-hanging fruit of Gold Brick.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2024, 02:31:37 PM »
Trying to help willie out. My guess is he'll miss the obvious ones and go with something like Millian Dumb given the inability to hit the easy low-hanging fruit of Gold Brick.

He called me a potato head earlier.

I don't know what Mr. Potato Head did to willie earlier in life to be compared to me, but I'm sure our spudly friend will be rearranging his face as soon as he's told the news.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2024, 02:34:10 PM »
He called me a potato head earlier.

I don't know what Mr. Potato Head did to willie earlier in life to be compared to me, but I'm sure our spudly friend will be rearranging his face as soon as he's told the news.

That's a pretty small fry insult. You think he'd try to mash your pride some other way.

feedback