[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masters 2024  (Read 2320 times)

tower912

• All American
Masters 2024
« on: April 08, 2024, 02:42:02 PM »
Nellie Korda is the hottest player on the planet.   She is long enough to break par over 4 days.

Never mind.

If Scottie putts, he wins.   My heart wants Rory to finish his story.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Masters 2024
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 02:43:13 PM »
Hopefully, Koepka doesn’t cheat again this year.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 02:53:30 PM »
I hope for the best from Tiger. Truly enjoyed his career thus far. But I have to ask why he is still out there? I just read Begay's comments of Tiger's health and it sounds like he's a mess: "Begay said "He's got zero mobility in that left ankle and really has low-back challenges now""

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 02:54:35 PM »
He is a past champion and Tiger Woods.  He has earned the right.  I think he has a slightly better chance than Couples, Vijay, Weir, etc.   Not zero, but I will definitely leave the Tiger wagering to Herman.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 02:56:42 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 02:56:45 PM »
Nellie Korda is the hottest player on the planet.   She is long enough to break par over 4 days.

Never mind.

If Scottie putts, he wins.   My heart wants Rory to finish his story.

Rory has to be ready to play. He's been great on the weekends the past couple of years, but nearly impossible to win when you're making the cut on the number. Unfortunately, I just don't have much confidence in him anymore.

I hope Reed misses the cut. It has been fantastic not seeing him play anymore. LIV does have some positives.

I like Hideki this week for green jacket #2.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 02:58:43 PM by RJax55 »

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2024, 03:42:48 PM »
He is a past champion and Tiger Woods.  He has earned the right.  I think he has a slightly better chance than Couples, Vijay, Weir, etc.   Not zero, but I will definitely leave the Tiger wagering to Herman.
Please, don't misunderstand my question. Woods has every right to be there. I was only questioning his decision to play. And really to play any competitive golf. I'm good with him playing every year until he's 100 years old and scoring 70 on the front nine. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2024, 08:13:28 PM »
My heart wants Rory to finish his story.

His story finished before he turns 35? Depressing.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2024, 08:15:41 PM »
Sigh.  It is a reference to the WWE.   To make it more clear, I would like him to complete the slam.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2024, 08:38:53 PM »
Jordan wins his fourth (seems like) Masters.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 12:11:07 AM »
I hope for the best from Tiger. Truly enjoyed his career thus far. But I have to ask why he is still out there? I just read Begay's comments of Tiger's health and it sounds like he's a mess: "Begay said "He's got zero mobility in that left ankle and really has low-back challenges now""

Just wait till all the other golfers wilt from being intimidated by Tiger. He'll win by 9. Or so says 9-9-9.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 09:52:00 AM »
The divide in golf has even creeped into my excitement for The Masters. I have watched less golf this year than any other year in my life. Watched Live from The Masters last night and got me going a bit, but I really need a great Masters to get my excitement back. There is very little that I like about pro golf at the moment, and I really hope to shake out of this funk. Aside from MU basketball, golf is second on my list of favorite things to do and watch.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 10:00:09 AM »
The divide in golf has even creeped into my excitement for The Masters. I have watched less golf this year than any other year in my life. Watched Live from The Masters last night and got me going a bit, but I really need a great Masters to get my excitement back. There is very little that I like about pro golf at the moment, and I really hope to shake out of this funk. Aside from MU basketball, golf is second on my list of favorite things to do and watch.

With you on this.  My golf group was texting about when to play this weekend and I told them good with any time.  Don’t care if it cuts into Masters TV time, to be frank. 

I’m sure it’ll be a compelling event.  It almost always is and the ratings will be like they always are.  As for the guys playing, outside an unlikely Tiger run, not sure any one current player will make me want to watch.  Maybe Spieth or Rory, but outside that, eh.

Am excited to see if Nelly can win a 5th straight start at Chevron next weekend, however

Goose

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2024, 10:15:12 AM »
Rico

If I were not a golf snob, I likely would play this weekend and miss some of The Masters. I am not an early year or late year golfer and that will keep me in front of the TV.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2024, 08:03:12 PM »
With you on this.  My golf group was texting about when to play this weekend and I told them good with any time.  Don’t care if it cuts into Masters TV time, to be frank. 

I’m sure it’ll be a compelling event.  It almost always is and the ratings will be like they always are.  As for the guys playing, outside an unlikely Tiger run, not sure any one current player will make me want to watch.  Maybe Spieth or Rory, but outside that, eh.

Am excited to see if Nelly can win a 5th straight start at Chevron next weekend, however

Yep.  I no longer watch men's golf and was a huge fan. 

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2024, 08:14:17 PM »
I'm betting on the LIV mullet this year.  Love his game and its well suited for Augusta
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2024, 10:47:34 PM »
Enjoyed the day today at Augusta National. Was able to see a few holes of Tiger, Freddy and JT. Tiger was hitting the ball well, however he was visibly in a lot of pain. A lot would have to go right for him to be in contention down the stretch. If the weather is warm anything is possible.

Scheffler looked great on the holes I watched him play, the driving range and putting. Seems to be ready for a good tournament.

Watched Brooks Koepka quite a bit as well. Was very impressed with his putting drills. Fun to see him going through his repetitive putting motion.

Matsuyama looked very confident in everything he did.

Spieth looked very unconfident.

Morikowa looks fantastic on the practice. Was having a lot of problems putting though.  Hopefully can figure it out by the time the tournament starts.

Tom Watson was out on the range and was in great form for a guy his age. Will be one of the starters.

Lots of older major winners who hadn't the Masters were hanging out under the Big Oak Tree by the Clubhouse . Was kind of cool to see Annika Sorenstam as well.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2024, 11:13:51 PM »
How much did they charge for a dead person to attend, 9-9-9?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2024, 08:03:34 AM »
Was a Corporate Guest.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2024, 08:22:42 AM »

I’m caddying for Scottie today at the Par-3 contest.  He asked me at the champions dinner last night.  Should be fun

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2024, 08:33:44 AM »
sleeper-harry english

contender-patrick cantalay

should revive the "journalists" no hat conspiracy.  if they only would have asked patrick himself why "no hat" instead of getting their news from the internet...oh, never mind...real "journalists" would have been wondering what rory's bac was when he and joe lacava went at it in the parking lot...classic dishes it out but can't take it.  he's still pissed at pga for lying to him while he missed out on some boo coo cash

other contenders-fitzpatrick, harman, d johnson, koepka 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2024, 08:34:40 AM »
sleeper-harry english

contender-patrick cantalay

should revive the "journalists" no hat conspiracy.  if they only would have asked patrick himself why "no hat" instead of getting their news from the internet...oh, never mind...real "journalists" would have been wondering what rory's bac was when he and joe lacava went at it in the parking lot...classic dishes it out but can't take it.  he's still pissed at pga for lying to him while he missed out on some boo coo cash

other contenders-fitzpatrick, harman, d johnson, koepka

6 out of 10

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2024, 08:49:52 AM »
6 out of 10

you know generic aren't always as good as the name brands...ask your doc to check the box
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2024, 08:50:27 AM »
  you know generic aren't always as good as the name brands...ask your doc to check the box

5 out of 10

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2024, 11:51:17 AM »
Koepka finally gets his green jacket this year
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2024, 01:40:08 PM »
30 mile winds forecast for tomorrow.

Bwahahahahaha.   Giddyup.

feedback