collapse

* Recent Posts

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 16, 2024, 07:21:10 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by MU82
[June 16, 2024, 06:39:26 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Herman Cain
[June 16, 2024, 06:05:09 PM]

NBA green room by Skatastrophy
[June 16, 2024, 03:09:36 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 16, 2024, 02:42:15 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by We R Final Four
[June 16, 2024, 11:50:43 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: IDF targets and kills food aid workers  (Read 31599 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: IDF targets and kills food aid workers
« Reply #750 on: May 26, 2024, 05:24:24 PM »
They dressed like they wanted it.

If those kids didn't want to be blown up, then they shouldn't have let their great uncles vote for Hamas 18 years ago. Kinda asked for it, if you ask me (and 4ever).

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #751 on: May 26, 2024, 06:29:43 PM »
Had my 5 pt plan been adopted the war would have been over by Oct 25st, 2023.  There would be some unpleasantness, but the end result would thwart all future Jihadist threats.  I'll just leave it at that.  I know some of you mourned the Iranian President's termination. 

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #752 on: May 26, 2024, 06:34:52 PM »
Source? Oh, Aljazeera, I see. War's hell. Hamas probably shouldn't have broken the cease fire on Oct. 7. And, I see da BOTUS doesn't give a chit 'bout da American hostages, hey?
Here’s cbs, you sad little pervert!

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/hamas-rockets-central-israel-gaza-strip-sirens/

Using 2000 lb bombs on humanitarian camps is probably a bit much. Though I know you positively relish the idea of non-whites getting their organs liquified.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #753 on: May 26, 2024, 06:36:41 PM »
Had my 5 pt plan been adopted the war would have been over by Oct 25st, 2023.  There would be some unpleasantness, but the end result would thwart all future Jihadist threats.  I'll just leave it at that.  I know some of you mourned the Iranian President's termination. 

No one takes you seriously.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #754 on: May 26, 2024, 06:39:16 PM »
If those kids didn't want to be blown up, then they shouldn't have let their great uncles vote for Hamas 18 years ago. Kinda asked for it, if you ask me (and 4ever).

At least none of the victims will be able to attend an Ivy League institution and potentially plagiarize now

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #755 on: May 26, 2024, 06:52:17 PM »
Or become child suicide bombers whose sole purpose is to service Allah with disregard for human life, including their own, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #756 on: May 26, 2024, 06:52:54 PM »
No one takes you seriously.

I  know you're crushed emotionally by Palestinians dying Fluffy.  And that you think Gaza under Hamas control is all gumdrop smiles.  If Israel's existence wasn't threatened and they weren't constanly attacked there could be peace.   But we know that the only purpose of Iranian leadership, Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, etc is wiping Israel off the map. They're the fking problem, not Israel and their Jewish citizens. 

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #757 on: May 26, 2024, 07:07:09 PM »
Here’s cbs, you sad little pervert!

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/hamas-rockets-central-israel-gaza-strip-sirens/

Using 2000 lb bombs on humanitarian camps is probably a bit much. Though I know you positively relish the idea of non-whites getting their organs liquified.

Or none of this happened as you depicted

---

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/more-aid-trucks-expected-roll-113132590.html

The Israeli military said its air force struck a Hamas compound in Rafah and that the strike was carried out with "precise ammunition and on the basis of precise intelligence." It took out Hamas' chief of staff for the West Bank and another senior official behind deadly attacks on Israelis, it said.

"The IDF is aware of reports indicating that as a result of the strike and fire that was ignited several civilians in the area were harmed. The incident is under review."

---
And why did this attack ...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/israeli-strike-kills-22-people-220321417.html

The airstrike was reported hours after Hamas fired a barrage of rockets from Gaza that set off air raid sirens as far away as Tel Aviv for the first time in months in a show of resilience more than seven months into Israel’s massive air, sea and ground offensive.

---

Are we back to this again ... just give them a bunch of Jews to kill and all will be good again.

Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #758 on: May 26, 2024, 07:07:17 PM »

I  know you're crushed emotionally by Palestinians dying Fluffy.  And that you think Gaza under Hamas control is all gumdrop smiles.  If Israel's existence wasn't threatened and they weren't constanly attacked there could be peace.   But we know that the only purpose of Iranian leadership, Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, etc is wiping Israel off the map. They're the fking problem, not Israel and their Jewish citizens.

It’s like you’re intentionally trying to prove my previous statement correct.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #759 on: May 26, 2024, 07:13:13 PM »
Many years from now, we will understand and appreciate this was the most humane war ever waged.

May 26, 2024
Biden administration reportedly switches position on IDF's Rafah op after nearly one million Gazans successfully evacuated
https://allisrael.com/biden-administration-reportedly-switches-position-on-idfs-rafah-after-one-million-gazans-successfully-evacuated

However, following Israel’s rapid and successful evacuation of almost one million Gazans from Rafah, the White House reportedly backtracked on its previous position, according to a Wall Street Journal (WSJ) report on Thursday.

"We’re walking away from Israel’s ability to wage war in those areas," U.S. President Joe Biden said.

The U.S. had estimated it would take at least two months for Israel to evacuate the one million civilians in Rafah, however, the Israeli military succeeded in clearing the area in just 2 weeks.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #760 on: May 26, 2024, 07:20:08 PM »
Many years from now, we will understand and appreciate this was the most humane war ever waged.

May 26, 2024
Biden administration reportedly switches position on IDF's Rafah op after nearly one million Gazans successfully evacuated
https://allisrael.com/biden-administration-reportedly-switches-position-on-idfs-rafah-after-one-million-gazans-successfully-evacuated

However, following Israel’s rapid and successful evacuation of almost one million Gazans from Rafah, the White House reportedly backtracked on its previous position, according to a Wall Street Journal (WSJ) report on Thursday.

"We’re walking away from Israel’s ability to wage war in those areas," U.S. President Joe Biden said.

The U.S. had estimated it would take at least two months for Israel to evacuate the one million civilians in Rafah, however, the Israeli military succeeded in clearing the area in just 2 weeks.

Harvard seems to be doing fine
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #761 on: May 26, 2024, 07:24:09 PM »

It’s like you’re intentionally trying to prove my previous statement correct.

The absurd outrage here over Israel responding after being attacked Is a total joke.  I missed the threads about the victims of Boko Haram, or the Armenians in Azerbaijan, or Darfur, or the Uyguirs, etc, etc, etc.  Why is it that you aren't angry with what Hamas has done to both Jews and Palestinians?  Islamic Jihadists and their evil ideology is the problem.   It's solvable if you use hard power.  You want to stop Houthis from attacking ships?  Stop playing games and do what's necessary.  And that's just the pregame option in the 5pt plan. 

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #762 on: May 26, 2024, 07:24:39 PM »
I know Sultan is fond of saying, "Harvard will be fine."
My concern is he is correct.
Elite schools should not be fine. They should be forced to change and embrace meritocracy, the concept that made them elite.

---

Are Gaza Protests Happening Mostly at Elite Colleges?

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2024/05/24/are-gaza-protests-happening-mostly-at-elite-colleges/

By matching that data to percentages of students at each campus who receive Pell Grants (which are awarded to students from moderate- and low-income families), we came to an unsurprising conclusion: Pro-Palestinian protests have been rare at colleges with high percentages of Pell students. Encampments at such colleges have been rarer still.

A few outliers exist, such as Cal State Los Angeles, the City College of New York, and Rutgers University–Newark. But in the vast majority of cases, campuses that educate students mostly from working-class backgrounds have not had any protest activity.

For example, at the 78 historically Black colleges and universities (HBCUs) on the Monthly’s list, 64 percent of the students, on average, receive Pell Grants. Yet according to our data, none of those institutions have had encampments and only nine have had protests, a significantly lower rate than non-HBCU schools.

Protest activity has been common, however, at elite schools with both low acceptance rates and few Pell students.

When you separate out private and public colleges, the difference becomes even more stark, as the next chart demonstrates. At private colleges, protests have been rare, encampments have been rarer, and both have taken place almost exclusively at schools where poorer students are scarce and the listed tuition and fees are exorbitantly high.

----

https://x.com/BillAckman/status/1794353394372452775

The correlation between the cost of going to college and the intensity of the protests is an important reflection of entitlement.

I have experienced this empirically.

I spoke at @PaceUniversity and @Columbia within 10 days of each other. Pace students were focused on learning and job attainment and @Columbia students were building encampments.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #763 on: May 26, 2024, 07:25:22 PM »
I know Sultan is fond of saying, "Harvard will be fine."
My concern is he is correct.
Elite schools should not be fine. They should be forced to change and embrace meritocracy, the concept that made them elite.

---

Are Gaza Protests Happening Mostly at Elite Colleges?

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2024/05/24/are-gaza-protests-happening-mostly-at-elite-colleges/

By matching that data to percentages of students at each campus who receive Pell Grants (which are awarded to students from moderate- and low-income families), we came to an unsurprising conclusion: Pro-Palestinian protests have been rare at colleges with high percentages of Pell students. Encampments at such colleges have been rarer still.

A few outliers exist, such as Cal State Los Angeles, the City College of New York, and Rutgers University–Newark. But in the vast majority of cases, campuses that educate students mostly from working-class backgrounds have not had any protest activity.

For example, at the 78 historically Black colleges and universities (HBCUs) on the Monthly’s list, 64 percent of the students, on average, receive Pell Grants. Yet according to our data, none of those institutions have had encampments and only nine have had protests, a significantly lower rate than non-HBCU schools.

Protest activity has been common, however, at elite schools with both low acceptance rates and few Pell students.

When you separate out private and public colleges, the difference becomes even more stark, as the next chart demonstrates. At private colleges, protests have been rare, encampments have been rarer, and both have taken place almost exclusively at schools where poorer students are scarce and the listed tuition and fees are exorbitantly high.

----

https://x.com/BillAckman/status/1794353394372452775

The correlation between the cost of going to college and the intensity of the protests is an important reflection of entitlement.

I have experienced this empirically.

I spoke at @PaceUniversity and @Columbia within 10 days of each other. Pace students were focused on learning and job attainment and @Columbia students were building encampments.

lol

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #764 on: May 26, 2024, 07:26:23 PM »
The absurd outrage here over Israel responding after being attacked Is a total joke.  I missed the threads about the victims of Boko Haram, or the Armenians in Azerbaijan, or Darfur, or the Uyguirs, etc, etc, etc.  Why is it that you aren't angry with what Hamas has done to both Jews and Palestinians?  Islamic Jihadists and their evil ideology is the problem.   It's solvable if you use hard power.  You want to stop Houthis from attacking ships?  Stop playing games and do what's necessary.  And that's just the pregame option in the 5pt plan.

Why not threads about those things then?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #765 on: May 26, 2024, 07:32:37 PM »
Why not threads about those things then?

Because none of you give a flying fk nor did you  probably care about Assad  gassing his own people.  You refuse to identify the problem and it's not  Israel, Jews, America, or the West.   There's a reason why one million Arabs in Gaza wotk in Israel.  Everyone with a scintilla of intelligence knows what the problem is and it's not Israel.  Regardless of their current leadership. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #766 on: May 26, 2024, 07:34:30 PM »
Because none of you give a flying fk nor did you  probably care about Assad  gassing his own people.  You refuse to identify the problem and it's not  Israel, Jews, America, or the West.   There's a reason why one million Arabs in Gaza wotk in Israel.  Everyone with a scintilla of intelligence knows what the problem is and it's not Israel.  Regardless of their current leadership.

We don’t care about anyone else’s verticals and you started a thread about that.  So, your reasoning doesn’t make any sense at all.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #767 on: May 26, 2024, 07:35:27 PM »
Or become child suicide bombers whose sole purpose is to service Allah with disregard for human life, including their own, hey?

We already probably knew that but can safely say you’re going to hell.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #768 on: May 26, 2024, 07:36:00 PM »
See ya there kin, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #769 on: May 26, 2024, 07:39:56 PM »

One is allowed to be upset about something without having to mention a great number of other terrible things also happening simultaneously around the world.

You bringing these various topics up only whenever something bad happens in the topic at hand means you not only don’t care about these events, but your cynical usage of them to downplay mass murder of civilians means you have some reflection to do or will be stuck in the dentist chair in hell next to 4ever

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #770 on: May 26, 2024, 07:40:21 PM »
We don’t care about anyone else’s verticals and you started a thread about that.  So, your reasoning doesn’t make any sense at all.

Lol.  Then why do people respond to my vert threads?  We should all be on Israel's side.  PERIOD. 

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #771 on: May 26, 2024, 07:40:26 PM »
Harvard seems to be doing fine

In the long term, the lack of donations is a real problem.

Here's the game: wealthy donors become trustees and then push the university into their illiquid funds (real estate, real assets, anything that requires the endowment to lock up its money for many years). See Mark Rowan of Apollo or Jonathan Gray of Blackstone.

Wealthy schools, which were previously able to fund their current operations through donations, are now grappling with the absence of these crucial funds. The stigma surrounding large donations to wealthy schools has further complicated matters. As a result, they are unable to liquidate their investments in illiquid funds, leading to a significant financial strain. Underscore that several of them are holding commercial real estate that is losing money, and they were hoping to just hold it for a decade or more so they do not have to realize a loss.  Good plan until the big checks stop flowing in.

So, they have to borrow. In a world of high interest rates, they are now paying out millions in interest expenses. The longer this goes, the worse it gets

Harvard Plans $1.65 Billion Debt Financing Amid Donor Turmoil
https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2024/2/27/billions-debt-financing/

The planned sale, which would be spearheaded by Goldman Sachs & Co. and Barclays Capital Inc., is unprecedented given its magnitude — even for an institution of Harvard’s size — but remains within the normal guidelines of financial management for corporations with annual revenues that exceed $5 billion.

A University spokesperson declined to comment on the filing.

The move provides the latest glimpse into the University’s financial situation which has been under stress as it faces donor backlash, a series of costly legal battles, and the threat of a possible Massachusetts endowment tax that would carry an annual cost of $1.2 billion.

The potential bond sale comes as the University — which relies on philanthropy for 45 percent of its annual revenue — has seen billionaire donors like Kenneth C. Griffin ’89 and Len V. Blavatnik pause donations to the University over its handling of antisemitism on campus.

----

Harvard is fine for now. But if things stay the same for Griffin, Blavatnik, and Ackman do not restart shoveling money into the schools, this will become a real problem.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #772 on: May 26, 2024, 07:42:36 PM »
In the long term, the lack of donations is a real problem.

Here's the game: wealthy donors become trustees and then push the university into their illiquid funds (real estate, real assets, anything that requires the endowment to lock up its money for many years). See Mark Rowan of Apollo or Jonathan Gray of Blackstone.

Wealthy schools, which were previously able to fund their current operations through donations, are now grappling with the absence of these crucial funds. The stigma surrounding large donations to wealthy schools has further complicated matters. As a result, they are unable to liquidate their investments in illiquid funds, leading to a significant financial strain. Underscore that several of them are holding commercial real estate that is losing money, and they were hoping to just hold it for a decade or more so they do not have to realize a loss.  Good plan until the big checks stop flowing in.

So, they have to borrow. In a world of high interest rates, they are now paying out millions in interest expenses. The longer this goes, the worse it gets

Harvard Plans $1.65 Billion Debt Financing Amid Donor Turmoil
https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2024/2/27/billions-debt-financing/

The planned sale, which would be spearheaded by Goldman Sachs & Co. and Barclays Capital Inc., is unprecedented given its magnitude — even for an institution of Harvard’s size — but remains within the normal guidelines of financial management for corporations with annual revenues that exceed $5 billion.

A University spokesperson declined to comment on the filing.

The move provides the latest glimpse into the University’s financial situation which has been under stress as it faces donor backlash, a series of costly legal battles, and the threat of a possible Massachusetts endowment tax that would carry an annual cost of $1.2 billion.

The potential bond sale comes as the University — which relies on philanthropy for 45 percent of its annual revenue — has seen billionaire donors like Kenneth C. Griffin ’89 and Len V. Blavatnik pause donations to the University over its handling of antisemitism on campus.

----

Harvard is fine for now. But if things stay the same for Griffin, Blavatnik, and Ackman do not restart shoveling money into the schools, this will become a real problem.

No, it won’t be, now or ever.  But keep hoping.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #773 on: May 26, 2024, 07:42:56 PM »
One is allowed to be upset about something without having to mention a great number of other terrible things also happening simultaneously around the world.

You bringing these various topics up only whenever something bad happens in the topic at hand means you not only don’t care about these events, but your cynical usage of them to downplay mass murder of civilians means you have some reflection to do or will be stuck in the dentist chair in hell next to 4ever

Bcrape.  It's only whataboutism in the far left liberal world if they're called out for their hypocrisy. 

It's a fking war jkass.  Their civilians were attacked.  If they wanted to they could exterminate every Palestinian in Gaza and the West Bank. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 07:45:55 PM by MuggsyB »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #774 on: May 26, 2024, 07:43:56 PM »
Bcrape.  It's only whataboutism in the far left liberal world if they're called out for their hypocrisy.

lol