[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: March Madness Confidential - Marquette  (Read 1069 times)

GoldenEagles03

• All American
March Madness Confidential - Marquette
« on: March 25, 2024, 12:50:49 PM »
Marquette is one of 6 teams that camera crews are following this March.

Chills. Nothing more to say.

https://twitter.com/MM_MBB_TV/status/1772315133429125389?t=9sW9RgEeIUqRrjv6mEzCCQ&s=19
VIOLENCE!

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Re: March Madness Confidential - Marquette
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 12:58:55 PM »
Good stuff. 
Ludum habemus.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 01:00:07 PM »
These have been great.

On Shaka's emotion: I have no doubt that he means what he says, that his love for his players is what moves him. But I can't help but sense that breaking through to the second weekend is a huge weight off his shoulders, one that's been building for 12 years. Between that and players exorcising last year's "nightmares," I really think this team is ready to play their best basketball of the year. NC State could be in a world of hurt.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 01:34:30 PM »
These have been great.

On Shaka's emotion: I have no doubt that he means what he says, that his love for his players is what moves him. But I can't help but sense that breaking through to the second weekend is a huge weight off his shoulders, one that's been building for 12 years. Between that and players exorcising last year's "nightmares," I really think this team is ready to play their best basketball of the year. NC State could be in a world of hurt.

Share this same feeling. Think the best basketball is yet to come.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 01:34:45 PM »
Very nice!  Thanks for posting.  Shaka is simply too good to be true.  His speeches are not the typical coaching garbage.  Very big picture and applicable to success in life and much as basketball. 

And I agree with the posters above.  The best basketball is yet to come.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 01:36:18 PM by Shooter McGavin »

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2024, 01:38:21 PM »
Share this same feeling. Think the best basketball is yet to come.

This will free the entire team up to play loose moving forward.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2024, 01:43:11 PM »
Great video. MU and Shaka are fortunate to have each other. I'm hopeful MU has even better ball ahead, but every team that made it here came to play. NC State won't be easy just like the last two weren't.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2024, 01:51:51 PM »
These have been great.

I think he knows, too, then when the run is over the guys all go their separate ways right away. They go to talk to agents, personal trainers, and NBA workouts. Working on the team's gameplan just won't be the same as it is playing in the moment in the tourney with your seniors. It has to be a relief getting to enjoy one more week with the current team, maybe it'll go on forever

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2024, 03:41:24 PM »
These have been great.

Yep. This 100%. I’d venture to guess his reaction isn’t the same if we beat Sparty last year. I think he felt a tremendous responsibility to get this group in particular deep into the tourney or at minimum to avoid another early exit. His reaction was that weight being lifted.
No Finish Line

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2024, 03:47:56 PM »
Be nice to see them practicing free throws and practicing mid-range jumpers in one of these.

Would also like to see Shaka and his staff on the horn talking to aircraft carrier transfers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2024, 03:48:33 PM »
I think he knows, too, then when the run is over the guys all go their separate ways right away. They go to talk to agents, personal trainers, and NBA workouts. Working on the team's gameplan just won't be the same as it is playing in the moment in the tourney with your seniors. It has to be a relief getting to enjoy one more week with the current team, maybe it'll go on forever

Exactly.  He's old enough to know when the "Good ol' days" are, and he knows he is living through some right now.  The emotion comes from his love of his guys, and the knowledge that it doesn't come easy, and that he can do it.

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2024, 05:06:11 PM »
Be nice to see them practicing free throws and practicing mid-range jumpers in one of these.

Would also like to see Shaka and his staff on the horn talking to aircraft carrier transfers
Exactly!! Why don’t they practice more deep 2s! They could be deadly from there.

feedback