[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gonna have to beat Houston in Dallas  (Read 4562 times)

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: Gonna have to beat Houston in Dallas
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2024, 06:32:15 PM »
Early line has Marquette -6.5.
-270 moneyline
O/U 150.5.

Feels disrespectful. Roll 'em

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2024, 09:12:13 AM »
Fear and loathing annoy the hell out of me.  Fear of every opponent.
Loathing of your own sweet 16 team.
But what about next year?
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2024, 09:42:12 AM »
But what about next year?
If the stars align, I will buy YOU a drink.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2024, 09:46:36 AM »
Feels disrespectful. Roll 'em

Nothing disrespectful in a Sweet 16 game if MU is made a 6.5 point favorite and a -270 favorite on the money line. That's a lot of respect for a neutral court tournament game, IMO.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2024, 09:52:46 AM »
Message board can look past teams. Doesn't impact the team at all.

And if it annoys you, it's easy to avoid the topic.

Scoopers should start labelling threads "Safe for Johnny / One game at a timers to read"

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2024, 10:01:46 AM »
If the stars align, I will buy YOU a drink.
Invitation accepted, meanwhile will enjoy my trip to Dallas with my unwashed lucky Butch jersey, LTFG!
Goal is National Championship

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2024, 10:03:16 AM »
Let's beat NC State first.

And I'd rather have to beat Houston in Dallas than have to beat Houston in Houston.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2024, 10:10:18 AM »
I’m not defending them, but criticizing people who go out of their way to jump all over anyone who even hints that MU will have a tough game. And there are some.

Maybe if some other posters would ignore the ones who are saying the kinds of things you listed they wouldn’t post as many. Or just ignore them instead of clogging up threads with even more crap.

There is a difference between "We're good but XXXX is gonna be a tough opponent," and some of the outright sh!t-stains-in-the-shorts Eeyores that post here.

tower's post was outstanding. As I like to remind people -- Marquette's an effen tough team to match up against, too. Marquette's opponents have to play a talented, experienced, well-coached team, too.

We're in the Sweet 16, for cripe's sake! All of our opponents from here on out are supposed to be good to very good to great. And Marquette's pretty damn good, too.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2024, 10:12:29 AM »
Same annoys the hell out of me

Welp, I talked about the NCAA tournament during the Big East Tournament because I cared more about the NCAA tournament.

Before we played Western Kentucky, I talked plenty about which team I'd want to play in Round 2.

Before we played Colorado, I talked plenty about which team I'd want to play in the Sweet 16.

And before Jop's free throws, I guaranteed the buddies I was sitting with that he'd make them.

All that worked out pretty well. You're welcome!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2024, 11:03:06 AM »
Big Boomer energy in this thread.  A bunch of grumpy old men “bah, you don’t fan the way I fan so I have no respect for you and you don’t know hoops.”   Some of you on this board need to relax and let people express the emotions they are having within the game.  You are not better or smarter than them because they are reacting in real time.   It’s hilarious to me that some of you look down on people who may overreact about a game but you all seem to be the first ones to mock, ridicule, or make personal comments about other people.  I’d rather be a bad fan than a bad person and some of you seem so fragile and offended by “bad fans” that you lean into being bad people.   You’re like a clique of virtue signaling bullies who like to puff out your chests that your better fans and you’re gonna let anyone who you think is lesser than you know it. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2024, 11:05:11 AM »
No problem beating Houston. Did you see how Iowa State crushed them? My bracket has all four 2 seeds making the finals.

How are they going to work that?  The two 2 seeds on the left side of the bracket combine rosters to play the combined rosters of the two 2 seeds on the right side of the bracket?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2024, 11:07:40 AM »
Big Boomer energy in this thread.  A bunch of grumpy old men “bah, you don’t fan the way I fan so I have no respect for you and you don’t know hoops.”   Some of you on this board need to relax and let people express the emotions they are having within the game.  You are not better or smarter than them because they are reacting in real time.   It’s hilarious to me that some of you look down on people who may overreact about a game but you all seem to be the first ones to mock, ridicule, or make personal comments about other people.  I’d rather be a bad fan than a bad person and some of you seem so fragile and offended by “bad fans” that you lean into being bad people.   You’re like a clique of virtue signaling bullies who like to puff out your chests that your better fans and you’re gonna let anyone who you think is lesser than you know it.

If you're constantly having to defend bad takes and emotional takes, consider looking inward.  Read more, be rational, acknowledge when you're being mean spirited.

Anyone who has to defend themselves from everyone all the time needs self reflection.

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2024, 11:10:50 AM »

I agree with some of this sentiment. There is some condescension in the scoop alternate universe.

But why express that here in this thread?. I must have missed something. The MU team is on a real bender and we're looking at possibly beating a flawed 1-seed less than a week from now for a generational experience.

If feeling strongly, I suggest starting your own thread about the issue and see where it goes.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 11:12:59 AM by FairWeatherEagle »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2024, 11:20:10 AM »
Farley gotta Farley.  Thanks for quoting him.   I wouldnt have seen it otherwise.  And he is absolutely free to express his opinion.  And I am free to express mine.   

All of us make judgments here about each other all of the time.   How can we not?  Many here have judged him.  I assume he has opinions about some of us.    Who cares?   

How can you expect to not have bad, weak, wrong, or troll takes attacked on a message board?   Snowflake mentality.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 11:35:03 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2024, 11:23:36 AM »
No one should take anything in a in-game thread seriously, a lot of posts in in-game threads end up looking extremely foolish and people should think more carefully before posting them if they don't want to get called out later.  Both things can be true.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2024, 11:24:18 AM »

So, you're the equivalent of a toddler.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2024, 11:42:20 AM »
Thanks to Tower and Sultan for perfectly proving my point.   

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2024, 11:45:39 AM »
If you're constantly having to defend bad takes and emotional takes, consider looking inward.  Read more, be rational, acknowledge when you're being mean spirited.

Anyone who has to defend themselves from everyone all the time needs self reflection.

There is nothing mean spirited in having emotional reactions to a game.  Really look at who is mean spirited on this board and who is not.   I can tell you some of the mean spirited folks.  Lots of personal attacks from the so called rationale members on this site.

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2024, 11:46:27 AM »
Thanks to Tower and Sultan for perfectly proving my point.   

If you can't see that an inability to control your emotions on a message board isn't a problem, then I don't know what to tell you. Yet you are here claiming that it is actually a good thing. Sorry, but that means you're not someone I am going to take seriously about pretty much anything - and neither are many others.

And I think tower and I are the same age...and neither one of us are boomers.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2024, 11:46:51 AM »
There is nothing mean spirited in having emotional reactions to a game.  Really look at who is mean spirited on this board and who is not.   I can tell you some of the mean spirited folks.  Lots of personal attacks from the so called rationale members on this site.

*rational

tower912

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2024, 11:47:30 AM »
Nah, you perfectly proved mine, snowflake.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2024, 12:47:25 PM »

If you can't see that an inability to control your emotions on a message board isn't a problem, then I don't know what to tell you. Yet you are here claiming that it is actually a good thing. Sorry, but that means you're not someone I am going to take seriously about pretty much anything - and neither are many others.

And I think tower and I are the same age...and neither one of us are boomers.

Lol I never said it was good or bad.  The only think I said was bad was the fact that you, Tower, VBMG think it’s ok to insult and attack people.  Bad people will be bad people I guess.   

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2024, 12:48:59 PM »
Nah, you perfectly proved mine, snowflake.

Tower proving he’s not the good man in his Bible quote.  Funny how the Bible thumpers always end up being the worst human beings.

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2024, 12:57:52 PM »
Lol I never said it was good or bad.  The only think I said was bad was the fact that you, Tower, VBMG think it’s ok to insult and attack people.  Bad people will be bad people I guess.   

If you think I am a bad person because I claim you post like an out of control little child, so be it.

I'll treat it like I do the rest of your opinions here - ignore it and move on.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2024, 01:21:09 PM »
I have Farley on ignore for a reason.   Shame on me for wasting a nanosecond of bandwidth on him.   

feedback