Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: WKU game thread  (Read 21715 times)

Afroman

• All American
Re: WKU game thread
« Reply #300 on: March 22, 2024, 02:08:57 PM »
Just come out in the second half and play ball. I have full confidence the fellas will step it up.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #301 on: March 22, 2024, 02:09:05 PM »
Kolek is going to have to go probably close to all 20 minutes in the second half.

I’m ok not seeing much (if any) of Tre in the second half. That rotation is going to need to be short.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #302 on: March 22, 2024, 02:09:26 PM »
UConn Huskies fan here. FWIW, our fanbase likes Marquette a lot and are pulling for your team. Marquette is bricking too many open 3s from Kolek's penetration kick outs. But the biggest issue is the live ball turnovers and defense. Marquette is at their best when they pressure in the half court getting up into the opposing teams' face and forcing deflections and turnovers. They have to tighten up their D big time. Still another half to go, though.

Until 3:22 when the UConn-Stetson game starts,...

"We are Marquette, we are Marquette!"

Pretty good analysis, I’d say. Marquette must establish a defensive edge for the remaining 20 minutes of this game.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #303 on: March 22, 2024, 02:10:17 PM »
I will go on record to say, despite this I still believe Marquette will win this game.  However, there should be serious doubts about their ability to make a deep run. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #304 on: March 22, 2024, 02:10:22 PM »
Confident, but I'm drunk & high so wtf I know
Goal is National Championship

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #305 on: March 22, 2024, 02:10:26 PM »
Kolek is going to have to go probably close to all 20 minutes in the second half.

I’m ok not seeing much (if any) of Tre in the second half. That rotation is going to need to be short.

He won’t be able to go 20, but Kam needs to be on ball when he sits. Agree on Tre. Starting five, Ben and Chase. Ben looks ready. Chase doesn’t but they need a 7th.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #306 on: March 22, 2024, 02:10:47 PM »
Kam does need to be better. Especially with his free throw shooting.

But he had a 5 minute stretch where he went into attack mode. Then we subbed him and things went south.

Oso on the other hand. Looks like he’s Ohtanis inside man
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #307 on: March 22, 2024, 02:10:59 PM »
I will go on record to say, despite this I still believe Marquette will win this game.  However, there should be serious doubts about their ability to make a deep run.

I kind of disagree. I’m worried about the second half. No guarantee they figure it out. If they do, I expect them to come out Sunday with fire.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #308 on: March 22, 2024, 02:11:07 PM »
This would be worse than Miami (O).
Please don’t let it happen, guys.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #309 on: March 22, 2024, 02:11:38 PM »
If they made their free throws it would be tied or close.

It's the turnovers leading to points and chucking up 19 threes and not hitting. On pace for almost 40 threes.  But again, that's Shaka philosophy, don't mind them shooting. 

Get them in foul trouble, god, I hate saying that against WKU, really.......  Shaka reeling them in lockeroom and keep Norman and Lowery on bench.  Norman missed wide open three and then missed two free throws. 

They can do this...

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #310 on: March 22, 2024, 02:11:55 PM »
There are  serious doubts. Happy? Don’t get some of your posts. We’re all aware of shakas record in march.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #311 on: March 22, 2024, 02:11:59 PM »
Kind of fumbling for answers, but recently, there has not been a player to carry Marquette through the tough stretches in the NCAA.  Vander Blue seems to have been the last player.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #312 on: March 22, 2024, 02:12:02 PM »
He won’t be able to go 20, but Kam needs to be on ball when he sits. Agree on Tre. Starting five, Ben and Chase. Ben looks ready. Chase doesn’t but they need a 7th.

Yup, agreed.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #313 on: March 22, 2024, 02:12:31 PM »

I disagree slightly. I'm worried about this game. If we survive and advance, I'm more confident on a deep tourney run, because they would already have had their "big scare".

Get this one done, and go deep.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #314 on: March 22, 2024, 02:12:51 PM »
UConn Huskies fan here. FWIW, our fanbase likes Marquette a lot and are pulling for your team. Marquette is bricking too many open 3s from Kolek's penetration kick outs. But the biggest issue is the live ball turnovers and defense. Marquette is at their best when they pressure in the half court getting up into the opposing teams' face and forcing deflections and turnovers. They have to tighten up their D big time. Still another half to go, though.

Until 3:22 when the UConn-Stetson game starts,...

"We are Marquette, we are Marquette!"

Good analysis. Our on ball defense hasn’t been strong. Their pace has affected our rotations some it seems too.

First 4 minutes out of halftime will be big toward deciding how the game is going to go.

marqhattan

• Walk-On
« Reply #315 on: March 22, 2024, 02:13:33 PM »
Huge stop and basket by Gold to close the half.

Tyler needs to be more aggressive looking for his shot.

Regroup.

Down 7 but easily could have been 11 or 12. Big difference psychologically (on both sides).

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #316 on: March 22, 2024, 02:13:49 PM »
So we need an entire new program?
Based on this performance, something is obviously wrong. Pure dung.
Even if we pull it out, which is highly doubtful, this is obviously embarrassing.
A 15 seed.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #317 on: March 22, 2024, 02:14:03 PM »
Time for someone to take charge.  This is where Warriors are revealed.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #318 on: March 22, 2024, 02:14:08 PM »
One of the most frustrating halves of basketball I’ve ever watched

Especially because you have a whole week to make sure something like this doesn't happen.

Sometimes you can't control your poise in the moment. That is what happened in the 1st half.
VIOLENCE!

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #319 on: March 22, 2024, 02:14:12 PM »
Kam does need to be better. Especially with his free throw shooting.

But he had a 5 minute stretch where he went into attack mode. Then we subbed him and things went south.

Oso on the other hand. Looks like he’s Ohtanis inside man

Agree. Was a bad time to sub out Kam.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2024, 02:14:23 PM »
Good analysis. Our on ball defense hasn’t been strong. Their pace has affected our rotations some it seems too.

First 4 minutes out of halftime will be big toward deciding how the game is going to go.

Agree on the second paragraph.

Re: their pace. We struggled with it, but I think we struggled in our heads more than the actual pace. Not mentally in the right spot.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #321 on: March 22, 2024, 02:14:32 PM »
I think BM1090 mentioned it, but these first 5 minutes are huge. If MU gets down 10-12 at the 15 minute mark, my confidence level will be very low. If MU is within a possession, we should be alright.

Live line is MU -210.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #322 on: March 22, 2024, 02:14:37 PM »
The defense has been the biggest issue and when you combine that with a guy doubling his season average in the f'n 1st half, that's a problem.

Combine it with Oso disappearing, Jop being bad, and leaving 3-4 points at the FT line, you put yourself in a bad position. 

They get the ball 1st.  Need a really good first 4 minutes of the 2nd half. 

Cream Biggums

• Starter
« Reply #323 on: March 22, 2024, 02:14:40 PM »
Kind of fumbling for answers, but recently, there has not been a player to carry Marquette through the tough stretches in the NCAA.  Vander Blue seems to have been the last player.

Tyler is not the problem right now

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #324 on: March 22, 2024, 02:15:02 PM »
There is no doubt. They won't.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback