[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Peter Frampton Tour  (Read 264 times)

nyg

• All American
Peter Frampton Tour
« on: March 13, 2024, 02:06:50 PM »
A few days ago, I went to Frampton's "Never Say Never" concert.  Some of you might not be aware, like four years ago he was diagnosed with "Body Myositis", a rare immune disease that eventually takes over the muscles in your body.  In odds against the disease, and with assistance from doctors at Johns Hopkins, it has not affected his hands/arms, but his legs are going quickly.  In a few years, he is not going to be able to perform.

For the concert, he sits in a chair and in respect for his condition, all band members with the exception of his keyboard player, all sit along with him.  I brought 10 of my students, along with a parent to the concert in order to show them a rock icon guitarist and performer.  He did not disappoint. 

The concert was just, well outstanding.  His band consisted of Nashville session artists and they are as good as you can get.  He performed his major hits of course, along with Humble Pie songs and a guitar riffed only "Black Hole Sun".  His voice sounded just like it did 50 years ago and the tone/amp sound of his "Phenix" triple pickup black Les Paul is identical to years ago.  Even though he was one of my heroes and have not seen him live in over 15 years, I am not being biased by saying how impressed I was by everything musically. 

The students were in awe and could not believe how the music sounded.  For some of them it was their first concert hearing musicians through a professional sound system and now we have them wanting to be rockstars. 

I bring it up because he has upcoming shows in midwest, and if you were a fan at one time I highly recommend you attend for probably his last tour.  Here are the locations:

Mt. Pleasant, Mi
Gary, In
Waukegan, IL
Minn., Mn
Omaha, Ne.

Frampton is finally up for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and let's hope he gets in. About time.  If anyone does go, please let me know how you felt.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 02:35:28 PM by nyg »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Peter Frampton Tour
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 02:16:19 PM »
Very underrated guitar player.

BTW, Waukegan is in Illinois.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 02:16:45 PM »
A few days ago, I went to Frampton's "Never Say Never" concert.  Some of you might not be aware, like four years ago he was diagnosed with "Body Myositis", a rare immune disease that eventually takes over the muscles in your body.  In odds against the disease, and with assistance from doctors at Johns Hopkins, it has not affected his hands/arms, but his legs are going quickly.  In a few years, he is not going to be able to perform.d let's hope he gets in. About time.  If anyone does go, please let me know how you felt.

So, in other words, he doesn't feel like I do.

All kidding aside, I have never seen him and would like to. Unfortunately the only date that would work is the Waukegan one (March 30), but I am saving that for Marquette's Elite 8 game.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 02:18:03 PM »
Coincidentally I was watching a Humble Pie documentary last night.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 02:36:32 PM »
I had a college friend who grew up in the same neighborhood as Frampton's home in Cincinnati where he lived with his now ex-wife.  He said he was shockingly normal and humble.  It was a very nice neighborhood so its not like he lived in a cookie cutter suburb, but he said you'd always see him walking the dog or mowing the part of his lawn that was visible from the street.  You'd have thought he was a quiet retired British guy who spent his career at P&G, not a guitar legend with one of the most famous live albums of all time.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 02:38:35 PM »
Very underrated guitar player.

BTW, Waukegan is in Illinois.

Thanks.

Underated, but not to the guitar community.  He is just unbelievable and plays the same now, did not miss a note.  Like I said, could not believe how he and the band played and sounded.  There are some older musicians whose voice has just disintegrated and sound old and terrible.  Not Frampton. 

nyg

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 02:40:12 PM »
I had a college friend who grew up in the same neighborhood as Frampton's home in Cincinnati where he lived with his now ex-wife.  He said he was shockingly normal and humble.  It was a very nice neighborhood so its not like he lived in a cookie cutter suburb, but he said you'd always see him walking the dog or mowing the part of his lawn that was visible from the street.  You'd have thought he was a quiet retired British guy who spent his career at P&G, not a guitar legend with one of the most famous live albums of all time.

Can you imagine?  I guess he got divorced or something and moved to Nashville. 

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 03:33:17 PM »
Coincidentally I was watching a Humble Pie documentary last night.

Did they talk about how they got Penny Lane for $50 and a case of Heineken?
Bring back FFP!!!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2024, 04:01:40 PM »
Did they talk about how they got Penny Lane for $50 and a case of Heineken?

Best movie
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2024, 05:48:50 PM »
Pamela smiles at the reference.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2024, 07:16:02 PM »
Saw him a few years back at an outdoors concert.

Several fans brought his old album covers to the show, and were raising them up for the crowd to see.  When the video guy put a fan on camera for a few seconds, he stopped playing for about 30 seconds.  He resumed playing, without saying anything.

15 minutes or so, it happened again….the camera guy featured a young woman with an old Frampton album cover over her head.  She was on camera for all of about 10 seconds.

Yep, Frampton stopped and walked off stage for 30 minutes.  Crowd was pissed at him.  Dumb ass move on his part. 

When he came back, he said he only wanted the musicians to be featured, which I get, but the way he handled it was childish.   His fans paid good money to see him play….not to waste 30 minutes so he could have a hissy fit.

The music was great, but it was not his finest moment.