Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UConn is good.  (Read 6236 times)

tower912

• All American
UConn is good.
« on: March 06, 2024, 09:49:25 PM »
1.  Heal quickly and completely, Tyler.
2.  Clingan vs Edey in a national semifinal with MU on the other side of the bracket would be fun to watch. 
3.   Can't have two starters disappear for a half and one for the entire game and expect to beat that team. 
4.   The only hope was to make it rain from 3 and keep UConn from doing the same. 
5.   Rebounding.    But that is known.    UConn is relentless on the O boards. 
6.  I really like UConn's off ball screening.    Creates post up space.    Creates cuts to the rim.    Created space for Karaban and Spencer. 
7.  UConn does not help on defense.   They didn't with Kolek playing.   They do not leave 3 pt shooters.
8.  Tre Norman produces and takes minutes from Ross.
9.  Stevie gets two strong offensive rebounds and makes two poor decisions.    Out of character.  But his motor continues even when things look oblique.
10.  If MU had shot their season average from the free throw line.... it would not have changed the outcome, but it wouldn't have been as frustrating. 
11.  Not sure Joplin dribbling was the play call.    Certainly not the right one. 
12.   No quit, though.   A trademark of this team is their heart and fight.   Hat tip to Shaka and the culture he has created. 
13.  Beat Xavier

« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 09:51:50 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: UConn is good.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 09:50:46 PM »
The Other Team Had Better Players. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

ski44

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 09:51:19 PM »
What a $hit Spencer is. Chirps the crowd on the way out…

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 09:52:18 PM »
Spencer earned the right.    One way to stop him.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 09:52:30 PM »
No quit in the boys. Tre was a bright spot

chicagowarrior

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 09:53:19 PM »
f#CK Spencer...hope they get knocked out early

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 09:53:39 PM »
UCONN is that good. Seemed like they win a large majority of 50/50 balls.

Going to need someone not expected to be on the roster (Kolek Shakaing the world or a transfer) to run the point next year. If Kolek leaves and our point is on the roster, feels bubbly. Need someone who can break down the defense and be relied on to get things moving.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 09:53:53 PM »
Joplin is good at 3 pt shooting.  Joplin’s is terrible at dribbling.  What play should we run down 5 to the number 2 team in the nation?

Of course, clear out for Joplin to dribble in an attempt to get a 2 point shot.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 09:54:11 PM »
Free throws matter. We could have been down 2 instead of 5 at the end which would’ve changed our strategy. Great effort though by our guys. Eff PukeConn.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2024, 09:54:22 PM »
1.  Heal quickly and completely, Tyler.
2.  Clingan vs Edey in a national semifinal with MU on the other side of the bracket would be fun to watch. 
3.   Can't have two starters disappear for a half and one for the entire game and expect to beat that team. 
4.   The only hope was to make it rain from 3 and keep UConn from doing the same. 
5.   Rebounding.    But that is known.    UConn is relentless on the O boards. 
6.  I really like UConn's off ball screening.    Creates post up space.    Creates cuts to the rim.    Created space for Karaban and Spencer. 
7.  UConn does not help on defense.   They didn't with Kolek playing.   They do not leave 3 pt shooters.
8.  Tre Norman produces and takes minutes from Ross.
9.  Stevie gets two strong offensive rebounds and makes two poor decisions.    Out of character.  But his motor continues even when things look oblique.
10.  If MU had shot their season average from the free throw line.... it would not have changed the outcome, but it wouldn't have been as frustrating. 
11.  Not sure Joplin dribbling was the play call.    Certainly not the right one. 
12.   No quit, though.   A trademark of this team is their heart and fight.   Hat tip to Shaka and the culture he has created. 
13.  Beat Xavier

Low blow on the timing of this
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2024, 09:54:39 PM »
They're very good but we beat ourselves when we had a legitimate chance.  I'm also wondering if we'd be better off having Stevie run the Point for stretches when Tyko is out.  Kam looked complete gassed to me.  It's not a secret that we need Kolek to be healthy. 

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2024, 09:55:03 PM »
If you are expecting a barely used frosh PG to look like the answer against two top 10 teams I think you’re unnatural carnal knowledgeing nuts.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2024, 09:56:05 PM »
Joplin is good at 3 pt shooting.  Joplin’s is terrible at dribbling.  What play should we run down 5 to the number 2 team in the nation?

We had the ball with about 30 secs left down 5.  Needless to say that wasn't good both before and after the time-out. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 09:56:11 PM »
Down 5 with 24 seconds left it takes needing a near miracle to tie/win.

But that does not mean you have to draw up the play that is a literal miracle if it works.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2024, 09:56:22 PM »
I blame Muggsy & Goose for jinxing MU
Goal is National Championship

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2024, 09:56:38 PM »
disappointing end to reg season here with injuries and results. need to pull out the win at xavier

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2024, 09:56:43 PM »
Can’t fault the effort. We were missing a first team all american. On to the next.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2024, 09:58:28 PM »

If you seriously think Jop dribbling into the lane was the call you should delete your account and never post here again.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2024, 09:59:20 PM »

You can’t honestly believe that was the play called.

Beat me to it, Vander

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2024, 09:59:44 PM »
Down 5 with 24 seconds left it takes needing a near miracle to tie/win.

But that does not mean you have to draw up the play that is a literal miracle if it works.

Come on, dude.

Blows my mind how many think that play call was for Jop.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2024, 10:00:00 PM »
If you are expecting a barely used frosh PG to look like the answer against two top 10 teams I think you’re unnatural carnal knowledgeing nuts.

I wasn’t. I’ve been saying since the Sean Jones injury that we’d need a transfer point guard next year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2024, 10:00:12 PM »
If you seriously think Jop dribbling into the lane was the call you should delete your account and never post here again.

Half the game thread thought so lol.

I can forgive Jop for the physical mistake leading to the turnover, but I cannot forgive him for missing that three at the buzzer to cost MU a cover.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2024, 10:00:14 PM »
A lot more deflated than I would have thought. The uncertainty of Tyler doubles the sting of this loss: and the uncertainty of these next couple games and tanking to a 4 seed triples the sting. Anyone got a silver lining. :0

nyg

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2024, 10:01:41 PM »
Stevie made some offensive errors by driving too much and bit on Spencer's shot fakes twice, but what a player he is.  The hustle is just completely insane and adds such energy for the team. 

I also believe his play tonight on the defensive side should have him as BE Defensive Player of Year. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2024, 10:01:47 PM »
A lot more deflated than I would have thought. The uncertainty of Tyler doubles the sting of this loss: and the uncertainty of these next couple games and tanking to a 4 seed triples the sting. Anyone got a silver lining. :0

We’re not sinking to a 4 seed in the BET or the Big Dance and Tyler will be back.

Feel better?