Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gameday article from the Hartford Courant  (Read 1565 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Gameday article from the Hartford Courant
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 06:10:34 AM »
As it should be.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 06:21:13 AM »
I live in RI. Hurley coached at URI for several years. Never could warm up to him. Hope we crunch ‘em.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 06:30:05 AM by ATWizJr »

FreewaysBurnerAccount

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 06:55:49 AM »
Hurley is a COWARD whom is responsible for not shaking my hand on two different dates !   I can guaranteee a victory tonight on this basis alone!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 06:56:33 AM »
How did you go on two dates with Hurley?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

FreewaysBurnerAccount

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 07:14:48 AM »
FORGET ABOUT IT .

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 08:44:02 AM »
I don't like Hurley because he's a hard nosed competitor and current arch enemy and rival. Same reason I intensely don't like Ron Day at OSU. (I grew up in Ann Arbor). But having said that, two great, great coaches.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 08:48:59 AM »
I respect the hell out of Hurley and love how he runs his program. That said, he is high on my list of guys I want MU to beat for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, I do not have the usual juice for the game tonight. I'm hoping by game time I am far more jacked up.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 09:15:03 AM »
Hurley on Marquette:

"They’re still champions and have one of the best cultures in college sports.”
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2024, 09:17:59 AM »
I respect the hell out of Hurley and love how he runs his program. That said, he is high on my list of guys I want MU to beat for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, I do not have the usual juice for the game tonight. I'm hoping by game time I am far more jacked up.
And Hurley respects the hell out of Marquette and the culture Shaka has created.
I respect Hurley immensely.
He has a punchable face and is annoying as hell on the sidelines.

These things are not mutually exclusive.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2024, 09:20:18 AM »
And Hurley respects the hell out of Marquette and the culture Shaka has created.
I respect Hurley immensely.
He has a punchable face and is annoying as hell on the sidelines.

These things are not mutually exclusive.

He’s a good freaking coach
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2024, 09:20:44 AM »
Agreed.

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2024, 09:25:22 AM »
He is obviously a good coach, but man does he whine a lot.  His momma must have babied him.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 09:31:31 AM »
He is obviously a good coach, but man does he whine a lot.  His momma must have babied him.

Coaches that whine?  Get out

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2024, 09:46:29 AM »
Him and Shaka aren't all that different from one another.  While Shaka isn't quite as animated towards the refs as Hurley, he still gets after them.  And Shaka will get in his defensive stance.  He's dang near just as active as Hurley on the sidelines.  We love Shaka because he's ours.  But a lot of BE fanbases hate him.

They're both very complimentary of the conference and their opponents, but also have pride in what their teams have accomplished.

I hope MU and UCONN run the Big East for years to come under Shaka and Hurley.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2024, 09:52:33 AM »
Unfortunately, I do not have the usual juice for the game tonight. I'm hoping by game time I am far more jacked up.

Honestly feeling the same way. Tyler not being able to go tonight stings. I would have loved a crack at those guys at full strength.

Every year the final home game brings some sadness but this one especially, with who we're saying goodbye to. Gonna miss watching 11 and 13. Two all-timers.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2024, 09:55:17 AM »
Him and Shaka aren't all that different from one another.  While Shaka isn't quite as animated towards the refs as Hurley, he still gets after them.  And Shaka will get in his defensive stance.  He's dang near just as active as Hurley on the sidelines.  We love Shaka because he's ours.  But a lot of BE fanbases hate him.

They're both very complimentary of the conference and their opponents, but also have pride in what their teams have accomplished.

The Kansas fans on O'ahu absolutely hated him.  There were some behind me that I don't think watched the game at all, they just focused on Shaka and shouting at him as much as they could (even before the little flare up).  Obviously they're not on the best of terms from his days in the B12, but I had forgotten until then that during Shaka's FF run at VCU he knocked them out, and considering who was in the FF that year, I would think that Kansas would have been heavy favorites for the title had they not lost that game.  Imagine how much more we would hate Jean Felix if we were legit title contenders.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2024, 10:09:53 AM »
MuFan12

There are some years that senior night really is an end of a run and tonight is one of those nights. There have not been many times that two guys have meant as much to the program as Oso and TK. Definitely bittersweet.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American

Viper

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2024, 10:15:48 AM »
momma’s boy winner. My man!

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2024, 10:23:42 AM »

I think this shows how elite Jay Wright was.  Shaka, Hurley, and Wright are all great coaches but I could not hate or even dislike Wright. Even though I fervently wanted wins over Nova...and one year it made my season. Still Wright never got my ire. He was in thin air as a classy, great coach.  My estimation second only to K as greatest college basketball coach all time.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2024, 10:30:10 AM »
I am psyched for tonight's game. It will be a great win, considering we'll be without our All-American PG. And I love that two of the best players in program history will get recognized by a sellout crowd.

I hope those who are at the FF are really into the game and give us a great home-court advantage.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2024, 11:29:42 AM »
Tyler and Oso’s last games at Fiserv are bittersweet but they’ll play their again when they are in the NBA

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2024, 11:30:43 AM »
Tyler and Oso’s last games at Fiserv are bittersweet but they’ll play their again when they are in the NBA
there

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2024, 11:33:28 AM »
there

As an evangelical Christian, I don’t worry about education.

feedback