[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by PointWarrior
[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I guess I'm starting trouble  (Read 5817 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: I guess I'm starting trouble
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2024, 11:10:05 PM »
Yep. And way funnier than the crew who get their rocks off mocking Herman.
Herman is a spirit so no mocking, pray for him
Goal is National Championship

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2024, 11:12:34 PM »
Let me know the next time a player of jae crowder caliber walks on to a team.

Of all the Forrest gump posts I've seen here..... this may be the one where Forrest it's a rocket scientist compared to the poster.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2024, 11:15:33 PM »
Was this an excellent win for Marquette tonight?

Herman is a spirit so no mocking, pray for him

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2024, 11:15:53 PM »
one where Forrest it's a rocket scientist 

I've it's a rocket scientist

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2024, 07:24:23 PM »
I enjoyed Wednesdays night’s game so much. Tyler and Kam and on and on. Oso and Joplin. That was fun. I will go on youtube and watch it over and over again. They looked liked the harlem globestroters. (Sic)  It’s a relief after Uconn tore us apart to play a team that couldn’t shoot straight. And the game was easy without difficulty or effort. And no one got hurt.

I’m not joking about stuff.  I’m getting restrained mentally. It just happened in the last month.  I’m starting to realize that Alzheimer’s is making me forget things and I can’t remember things that were easy to understand. I love college basket ball and now I have to study things every day. I have to write notes so I remember how to run a zone defense. Or a box and one.

I have talked recently about big players I remember in the old days. And I have to say one of my favorite players around 2003 when Crean was coaching was Robert Jackson. 6 ten 265. I think he was a Milwaukee kid. I loved Diener and Novak. They were skinny young guys who I routed for. They were just cutting their teeth in those days. Diener was bouncing the ball off the floor to set up shots.  And Novak could shoot like it was easy. And of course there was Wade. We will never forget Wade. And he will always remember his career at Marquette. He turned it on his junior year and evolved into the fireworks we marvel at on the Fourth of July. Oh my.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2024, 07:33:35 PM »
I enjoyed Wednesdays night’s game so much. Tyler and Kam and on and on. Oso and Joplin. That was fun. I will go on youtube and watch it over and over again. They looked liked the harlem globestroters. (Sic)  It’s a relief after Uconn tore us apart to play a team that couldn’t shoot straight. And the game was easy without difficulty or effort. And no one got hurt.

I’m not joking about stuff.  I’m getting restrained mentally. It just happened in the last month.  I’m starting to realize that Alzheimer’s is making me forget things and I can’t remember things that were easy to understand. I love college basket ball and now I have to study things every day. I have to write notes so I remember how to run a zone defense. Or a box and one.

I have talked recently about big players I remember in the old days. And I have to say one of my favorite players around 2003 when Crean was coaching was Robert Jackson. 6 ten 265. I think he was a Milwaukee kid. I loved Diener and Novak. They were skinny young guys who I routed for. They were just cutting their teeth in those days. Diener was bouncing the ball off the floor to set up shots.  And Novak could shoot like it was easy. And of course there was Wade. We will never forget Wade. And he will always remember his career at Marquette. He turned it on his junior year and evolved into the fireworks we marvel at on the Fourth of July. Oh my.

Very sorry to hear that Alzheimers is now affecting your life oilcan. And my sincere apologies for saying that you were having a little fun at the expense of scoopers. Please believe me that I would never, ever have written that if I had so much as a clue as to what was happening.

I am glad that you have such great memories of Marquette's basketball and hope that you continue to enjoy it all.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MochaJoe

• Walk-On
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2024, 07:39:05 PM »
I’m glad MU hired Shaka Smart. I admire his philosophy and his decency. He sits down with the players on the team and tells each one what he needs them to do to elevate the team. He is a team builder and a recruiter. He keeps in touch with every player who is joining the team and shares what they can do to contribute when they join the team next year. I’m impressed.

What bothers me? Smart is traveling to recruit players and offering scholarships to good guards and small forwards. And they’re players who are athletic and scorers in high school. I admire that. And some of those guys are coming. But why isn’t MU recruiting big guys? I want big guys who can be coached into starters who can push butt and rebound and force the score against bigger teams. We see what’s going on with Purdue, Creighton and Uconn.

I know I’m going to get some flack here. But what are we doing with RJ Walson, Casey O’Malley, Jonah Lucas, Jake Ciardo, Cameron Brown and Jack Riley on this team?

I guess they play on the practice team? And they service a purpose. Why, I don’t understand. If they're never going to start why wouldn't the team recruit a player who could eventually start his junior year and play like Otoule or Crowder?

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2024, 07:53:11 PM »
I retired and at the time I was healthy. I met my friends for a beer or two and talked about camping and fishing and sports. Very few of my friends enjoyed college basketball. But every day I told them I had a Marquette story for them.  And they would roll their eyes and I enjoyed it so much. It makes me laugh and smile right now. I enjoy basketball. I always have. It's so good to share with your family and your friends.  See you later.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2024, 08:17:23 PM »
Two articles today about bigs MU is recruiting but both are behind paywalls.

A 7 footer from the Australian NBA Academy.

https://twitter.com/JamieShaw5/status/1759979171571286167?t=YEl4AJLzFeYWNHVRTjCN7Q&s=19

MU starting a New Zealand pipeline.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2024, 08:43:00 PM »
There are many crucial aspects of Shaka's success.   A pipeline of New Zealand big men would be a key we all could embrace.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2024, 04:21:23 AM »
Oilcan

Always love your posts. I really hope you enjoy the rest of the season and the team goes deep. You have been watching as long as anyone on here and hope you are watching them back in the FF in April.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2024, 03:24:39 PM »
The walk-ons have scored the last couple goes, as well as playing decent  defense.   Chase said that in practice, they move the ball like the Globetrotters.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback