[July 26, 2024, 04:47:29 PM]

Big Week for Markus by TSmith34, Inc.
[July 26, 2024, 01:54:58 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by Skatastrophy
[July 26, 2024, 11:55:47 AM]

Men's Basketball Scholarships Increases to 15 in 2025-26 by bilsu
[July 26, 2024, 11:52:47 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler  (Read 7541 times)

NCMUFan

• All American
Butler
« on: February 12, 2024, 03:15:39 PM »
Thad Matta has Butler relevant.
I expect a very confident Butler team.
Marquette will need their A-game coaching and player execution, but we can do it.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Butler
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 03:20:51 PM »
Let’s hope for law of averages to kick in.

If we get 18 uncontested 3s again. And bury 9 of them instead of a goose egg. It’ll be a fun time.

Hinkle is gonna be jacked tho. And I’m guessing Dee Davis will have a much better game than in Milwaukee
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 03:21:56 PM »
Thad Matta has Butler relevant.
I expect a very confident Butler team.
Marquette will need their A-game coaching and player execution, but we can do it.

Road Trip to Indy
Bulldogs will be barking loud
FT No Matta
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 03:37:45 PM »
Let’s hope for law of averages to kick in.

If we get 18 uncontested 3s again. And bury 9 of them instead of a goose egg. It’ll be a fun time.

Hinkle is gonna be jacked tho. And I’m guessing Dee Davis will have a much better game than in Milwaukee

I'm expecting Tyler Kolek will also have a much better game than in Milwaukee ;)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 03:38:46 PM »
I fully expect MU to be ready to go and take care of business. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 03:40:22 PM »
I'm expecting Tyler Kolek will also have a much better game than in Milwaukee ;)

Yup.

I’m hoping a jacked up Butler crowd, commits the cardinal sin of BE basketball. Chirping the best player in the league.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 03:45:02 PM »
Tickets are shockingly cheap. Wonder if the casual crowd left when they were struggling and never came back or if it's just a weekday thing?
Maigh Eo for Sam

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2024, 04:03:11 PM »
Tickets are shockingly cheap. Wonder if the casual crowd left when they were struggling and never came back or if it's just a weekday thing?

Their crowds have been good and pretty rowdy. Definitely a different energy than last year. I was able to get a couple 4th row seats near Butler's bench for $66 with fees over the weekend. There are a lot of high priced tickets, but some good deals can be found.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2024, 04:26:31 PM »
I really think Butler is one of the bottom 4 teams in the conference. I don't believe in them
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2024, 04:33:24 PM »
I really think Butler is one of the bottom 4 teams in the conference. I don't believe in them

Is this an eye test or what? Because their net and Kenpom aren't bad.
Maigh Eo for Sam

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2024, 04:38:37 PM »

No way. They are physical, strong, have guys that can score and some strong defenders. We are capable of beating them handily, but I sure wouldn't expect it to be easy. It will be a dog fight. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2024, 04:46:56 PM »
If MU is as good as I think they are, Butler game should and better be, a win tomorrow night. This is crunch time and you need to beat teams that you are better than and MU is a much better team. Bumps in the road happen, but they should not happen in mid-February with a very experienced team. I do not think Butler is sitting there thinking that they have MU's number, especially after the last seven games.

If MU had not looked like a mid major team when they played a month ago, I do not think there would be a high level of concern going into the game tomorrow by most MU fans. I do think many MU fans, mostly casual to moderate fans, still do not fully believe that MU is a top five team in the country this year. To be honest, anyone that takes the last Butler game as anything more than a horrible performance by MU, is not a serious fan of college basketball, imo.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2024, 04:48:23 PM »
Did I see MU is -6 tomorrow?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2024, 05:02:50 PM »
If MU is as good as I think they are, Butler game should and better be, a win tomorrow night. This is crunch time and you need to beat teams that you are better than and MU is a much better team. Bumps in the road happen, but they should not happen in mid-February with a very experienced team. I do not think Butler is sitting there thinking that they have MU's number, especially after the last seven games.

If MU had not looked like a mid major team when they played a month ago, I do not think there would be a high level of concern going into the game tomorrow by most MU fans. I do think many MU fans, mostly casual to moderate fans, still do not fully believe that MU is a top five team in the country this year. To be honest, anyone that takes the last Butler game as anything more than a horrible performance by MU, is not a serious fan of college basketball, imo.

Goose, I agree that MU should take care of business. MU is a vastly different team over the last seven games. A big part of that is that shots have started falling. Butler is a legit team with some strong pieces, and they have some strong bodies. They will try to muck things up. As long as MU is focused and ready to go, which they should be after the poor showing v. Butler at home, MU should win by 6 to 10 points. They will have to earn it, however, because Butler is a confident and scrappy team.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2024, 05:17:12 PM »
I have this as a loss.  I am very excited for the game thread
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Superfan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2024, 05:34:08 PM »
I watched the bulldogs recently beat Creighton at Creighton.  They played a great game and must be taken seriously.  I’m f we’re on our game we will prevail.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2024, 05:58:57 PM »
Did I see MU is -6 tomorrow?

I’ve seen minus 3

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2024, 07:05:13 PM »
Is this an eye test or what? Because their net and Kenpom aren't bad.

Mostly eye test but Andrei posted some numbers earlier today that support it

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=65729.0

9th best in KenPom only looking at conference play. Their best wins also featured an attrocious shooting performance from us and an otherworldly midrange performance against Creighton. Neither are likely to be sustainable
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2024, 11:04:35 PM »
Game opened at 2.5 and its up to 4.5 now

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2024, 06:33:01 AM »

You know a heck of a lot more than me. However, I’ve seen them play several times recently and I think they are decent to good. Plus their place is tough.  I hope Shaka and the guys are not as confident as this board.  I think this is going to be a very tough game.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2024, 06:52:22 AM »
This is an important game that will go a long way to locking us into a 2 seed or better. Absolutely no reason we shouldn't win - we're a better team, with better players and a better coach. If two of our big three show up I think we win walking away. But we have to come ready to play.

Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2024, 07:24:39 AM »
Beautiful morning unfolding in downtown  Indianapolis on day 3 of a roadtrip from Milwaukee. Indy is a 3:00 am town,  so hoping my hotel's free breakfast provides a cure for being a little overserved last night.

Purdue seems to be drawing most of the college basketball attention around here but I'm sure Hinkle will be full and loud tonight.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2024, 07:31:43 AM »
Dribbler

Thank you for representing MU Nation last night by being overserved. That is much appreciated. Bring home the W tonight.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2024, 07:37:27 AM »
MU needs to win tonight to stay
 “ locked in “ as a 2 seed.   And … let’s not go into UCONN coming off of an L

But … it will be a very tough game

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2024, 07:38:51 AM »
Mostly eye test but Andrei posted some numbers earlier today that support it

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=65729.0

9th best in KenPom only looking at conference play. Their best wins also featured an attrocious shooting performance from us and an otherworldly midrange performance against Creighton. Neither are likely to be sustainable

In conference, they do not defend. I mean, if we make just a few of our open threes and bunnies at the rim, we win that game in Milwaukee comfortably and are eyeing up command of first place with two wins this week. They got wildly fortunate to beat 'Nova, Creighton, and Providence, all of which were effectively single possession games.

Right now, they are a tourney team because they have the results, but Butler is a team with a horseshoe planted firmly up their asses. Hopefully Tyler is up for another Kolekoscopy tonight to remove it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.