[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: WWE Thread  (Read 736 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
WWE Thread
« on: February 07, 2024, 12:04:53 PM »
Do we have any WWE fans here or am I on an island?

#WeWantCody #RockySucks #VinceSucks

tower912

• All American
Re: WWE Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 12:14:48 PM »
Intermittently.   I am aware of current story lines.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 12:16:29 PM »
I only discuss AEW.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 12:23:44 PM »
Do we have any WWE fans here or am I on an island?

#WeWantCody #RockySucks #VinceSucks

Back in the 1980's. 
I do frequently drive by (or pass by in a Metro North train) WWE headquarters and studios in Stamford.  The now infamous Purdue Pharma is their next door neighbor.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 09:57:23 PM »
I don’t like how they’ve necessarily gotten there, but I’m definitely in on Rock’s heel turn.

If they long play this out, Rock helping Reigns for a few months, and then an eventual Rock/Reigns match would work for me.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 08:15:36 AM »
Former WWF grappler, Billy Jack Haynes was arrested for murdering his wife.  He’s claimed in the past to have witnessed the boys on the tracks murders in Arkansas
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 10:05:06 AM »
I only discuss AEW.
Shad Kahn son working hard on AEW.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2024, 10:32:52 AM »
Shad Kahn son working hard on AEW.

Like the Jaguars, it’s a trainwreck
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2024, 08:50:10 AM »
WWE needs to shuffle some belts.   Roman  Reigns/bloodline is extended way past the shelf life.   Same with Gunther.   I think because of the turmoil at the top with Vince, creative has kind of been stagnant and they have gone for stability.   The Cody Rhodes storyline is very safe and by the numbers.   
   Shake some stuff up.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2024, 10:16:46 PM »
Titan, what did you think?

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2024, 08:58:38 AM »
Titan, what did you think?

Really enjoyed it!  The past few years Triple H has done great things with the product and now with Vince (and Kevin Dunn) gone I expect it to get even better.

For the main event I usually don't like all the outside interference, but obviously knew it was coming and thought it was well done.  For the most part they kept the outside participants out of the match itself with each guy taking out the previous guy so it didn't cheapen the victory as much. It probably would have made more sense to see Bob Holly (first tag partner), Randy Orton (Legacy), and Goldust (brother) fight off the Bloodline but John Cena and the Undertaker gave it a much larger feel.  Especially when that gong hits. 

I was hoping Dustin would get permission from AEW to attend so when The Shield's music hit it there was ten seconds of me marking out thinking they could have possibly got Moxley despite there being no chance of that haha.

It sounds like the Undertaker role was originally suppose to go to Stone Cold but they couldn't reach a deal.  That would have made more sense with his history with The Rock but Taker at Wrestlemania is a great replacement.

Very excited for the product going forward!  I'm selfishly hoping Cody continues his gimmick of bringing back 90's title belts because the Winged Eagle heavyweight belt is my favorite of all time.  Also wouldn't mind if MJF debuted tonight as Cody's first feud but I think he may have resigned with AEW.

Time for the Raw after Wrestlemania! Hottest crowd of the year!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2024, 09:28:33 AM »
There are days/times where I debate getting back into watching.

Haven't been following since the NWO/WCW days.

But it feels like a big commitment now with all the multiple days of the week and such

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2024, 09:51:49 AM »
There are days/times where I debate getting back into watching.

Haven't been following since the NWO/WCW days.

But it feels like a big commitment now with all the multiple days of the week and such

There definitely is way too much content to consume it all. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2024, 09:56:56 AM »
Seeing highlights from the Rock's appearances over the weekend ... I had no idea there were that many steroids in the world. He looks like he took all of them.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2024, 11:13:45 AM »
Really enjoyed it!  The past few years Triple H has done great things with the product and now with Vince (and Kevin Dunn) gone I expect it to get even better.

For the main event I usually don't like all the outside interference, but obviously knew it was coming and thought it was well done.  For the most part they kept the outside participants out of the match itself with each guy taking out the previous guy so it didn't cheapen the victory as much. It probably would have made more sense to see Bob Holly (first tag partner), Randy Orton (Legacy), and Goldust (brother) fight off the Bloodline but John Cena and the Undertaker gave it a much larger feel.  Especially when that gong hits. 

I was hoping Dustin would get permission from AEW to attend so when The Shield's music hit it there was ten seconds of me marking out thinking they could have possibly got Moxley despite there being no chance of that haha.

It sounds like the Undertaker role was originally suppose to go to Stone Cold but they couldn't reach a deal.  That would have made more sense with his history with The Rock but Taker at Wrestlemania is a great replacement.

Very excited for the product going forward!  I'm selfishly hoping Cody continues his gimmick of bringing back 90's title belts because the Winged Eagle heavyweight belt is my favorite of all time.  Also wouldn't mind if MJF debuted tonight as Cody's first feud but I think he may have resigned with AEW.

Time for the Raw after Wrestlemania! Hottest crowd of the year!

The nuance of the storytelling was fantastic. When The Shield intro hit, I had no idea who was going to show up besides Rollins. If somehow Moxley could have shown up, that would have been incredible.

Thought that was the best part of the end of that match, and the throwback to the chairshot from 10 years ago with Rollins/Reigns was so good. Rollins even fell into the ropes similar to how Reigns did 10 years ago.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2024, 12:14:24 PM »
The nuance of the storytelling was fantastic. When The Shield intro hit, I had no idea who was going to show up besides Rollins. If somehow Moxley could have shown up, that would have been incredible.

Thought that was the best part of the end of that match, and the throwback to the chairshot from 10 years ago with Rollins/Reigns was so good. Rollins even fell into the ropes similar to how Reigns did 10 years ago.

YES! And on one of the shows leading up, Rollins told Cody "There's only one person who can be your shield".  Seth was the only one Roman would have chosen to hit over Cody.  And you are correct, Rollins nailed replicating the fall!

https://x.com/indomitableceo/status/1777167677435355557?s=46&t=jxqs74xjrj0YOEifH9UtCw

(I always liked The Shield so hated seeing them breakup but it did give me one of my favorite wrestling lines ever.  "I didn't sell out!  I bought in!")

I also enjoyed the storytelling with Drew and Seth.  Drew telling Seth his distraction with Cody and Rock was going to cost him the title only to have Drew's distraction of CM Punk cost him the title.  Chef's kiss.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 12:34:21 PM by TallTitan34 »