Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BET Tickets  (Read 2860 times)

sailwi

• All American
BET Tickets
« on: February 06, 2024, 05:16:07 PM »
Considering going to the BET his year, have hotel reservations already and will buy air in the near future if we decide to go.

I am a season ticket holder and was assuming I could buy tickets through MU but since we don’t contribute enough we aren’t eligible as I understand for a lottery to get tickets.

For those that have gone in recent years what has been your ticket strategy.  I know loosing schools sell after the loss so Friday, Saturday should be available but what about Thursday assuming we get a bye.  Is the strategy to wait until you get the NYC and it’s the day before the next game to start the ticket search  on the secondary market? I’m a little concerned about tickets and obviously don’t want to spend the hotel, air dollars if we can't get tickets or only nose bleeds.

Thoughts, advice?

Oregon Warrior

• Scholarship Player
Re: BET Tickets
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 06:34:25 PM »
You’ll have no issue getting tickets. There are plenty of tickets on the secondary market. Tickets are sold as sessions so you get to see two games (except for the final). UConn has the largest fan base by far so any session including UConn will be more expensive if you want good seats.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 08:05:04 PM »
We buy on the secondary market.  Last year I may have bought our Thursday game right after we clinched the regular season title, or may have actually taken a flyer beforehand, I don't remember.  A bartender a couple years ago told us that the big ticket is the semi-finals, in terms of demand.  Last year with no actual east coast school in the finals, that affected the ticket prices, making them lower probably than if UConn had been in the finals, we usually sit higher up but decided to pop for seats for that game  about 19 rows up from the Marquette bench (worth every penny). 

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 06:47:39 PM »
I typically each year track the secondary market starting about now and the prices are much higher than previous years.  Upper deck midcourt is running above $200 for the Thursday sessions.  It was less than $150 last year at this time.

I typically would watch all sessions, but may only do the MU one this year.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 08:28:45 PM »
We just do the MU games.  I haven't looked yet, but yes, we usually sit upstairs and that price would be higher than we have paid in the past.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 08:52:47 AM »
We buy while there. Last year was a weird one.. prices kept DROPPING.

Thursday against St. John's, that game was with Providence and UCONN.. so lots of demand because of the other three teams. Paid like $175 each for upper deck sidelines on aisle.

Next night, $150 each, one section over but not on aisle.

Finals... about $90 each, lower level great seats. Thanks, X!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 10:43:33 AM »
We buy while there. Last year was a weird one.. prices kept DROPPING.

Thursday against St. John's, that game was with Providence and UCONN.. so lots of demand because of the other three teams. Paid like $175 each for upper deck sidelines on aisle.

Next night, $150 each, one section over but not on aisle.

Finals... about $90 each, lower level great seats. Thanks, X!

Demand for the finals was so low last year that when we bought our three tickets Saturday morning, the seller sent us four.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2024, 01:55:29 PM »
Haha that’s pretty funny. We didn’t wait until Saturday morning so paid  more, but we were ok with that. 19 rows behind the bench. Otherwise we are upper level people.

Sponge Ruiner!

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 09:56:46 AM »
I inquired with the MU Ticket Office about BET ticket options through the university. I was told that all tickets are already spoken for, and that Marquette will not be offering BET tickets to season ticket holders as they have in years past. So secondary market I guess it is.

For those in the know- when is the best time to purchase? Will prices drop as the standings become more clear, and those with all-session tickets sell off when they know their team ISN'T playing? Or is it the opposite- demand increases as fans know when their team WILL be playing and look for tickets to those sessions?

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2024, 10:54:16 AM »
I inquired with the MU Ticket Office about BET ticket options through the university. I was told that all tickets are already spoken for, and that Marquette will not be offering BET tickets to season ticket holders as they have in years past. So secondary market I guess it is.

For those in the know- when is the best time to purchase? Will prices drop as the standings become more clear, and those with all-session tickets sell off when they know their team ISN'T playing? Or is it the opposite- demand increases as fans know when their team WILL be playing and look for tickets to those sessions?

From my experience, any session that has UConn will be expensive. The semi finals (one session = 2 games) is the most expensive historically.  I have purchased all of my tickets the morning of or a few hours before the game. People get desperate and want to unload their tickets.  My buddies normally purchase their tickets the night before the game because they do not want to wait to last minute.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 11:55:54 AM »

From my experience, any session that has UConn will be expensive. The semi finals (one session = 2 games) is the most expensive historically.

On the bright side, assuming that UConn isn't going to implode down the stretch, they'll be the No. 1 seed. That means that the evening session on Thursday (which will include the No. 2/3 seeds) should be more reasonably priced. If all goes as expected, Marquette should be in that session.

As MUbiz said, the Semifinal will be the most expensive session -- particularly if UConn is in it. No way around that. And if UConn makes the final, I'd imagine prices will stay pretty high. If UConn gets knocked out at any point, the re-sale market will be flooded with tickets from their fans and prices will go way down. Last year was ideal with UConn getting knocked out in the Semis and Xavier as the other team in the finals.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mix it up

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2024, 12:18:18 PM »
On the bright side, assuming that UConn isn't going to implode down the stretch, they'll be the No. 1 seed. That means that the evening session on Thursday (which will include the No. 2/3 seeds) should be more reasonably priced. If all goes as expected, Marquette should be in that session.

As MUbiz said, the Semifinal will be the most expensive session -- particularly if UConn is in it. No way around that. And if UConn makes the final, I'd imagine prices will stay pretty high. If UConn gets knocked out at any point, the re-sale market will be flooded with tickets from their fans and prices will go way down. Last year was ideal with UConn getting knocked out in the Semis and Xavier as the other team in the finals.

Longtime BE tourney spectator here. This^^^ is correct. No hard and fast rules just keep watching Stub Hub, Vivid Seats or Seat Geek.  BTW Stubhub and Vivid Seats brokerage % has been crazy high. Past few years I've bought through Seat Geek. Pretty much the same selection as Stubhub and vivid seats and their cut was much more reasonable. Haven't used Ticketmaster but they're sure worth a look.

Also, there's an online broker can't remember the name) that has a bid/ask for tickets but as of last year the offerings were slim.

Good info here: https://time.com/shopping/article/best-ticket-resale-sites/

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2024, 12:41:56 PM »
Longtime BE tourney spectator here. This^^^ is correct. No hard and fast rules just keep watching Stub Hub, Vivid Seats or Seat Geek.  BTW Stubhub and Vivid Seats brokerage % has been crazy high. Past few years I've bought through Seat Geek. Pretty much the same selection as Stubhub and vivid seats and their cut was much more reasonable. Haven't used Ticketmaster but they're sure worth a look.

Also, there's an online broker can't remember the name) that has a bid/ask for tickets but as of last year the offerings were slim.

Good info here: https://time.com/shopping/article/best-ticket-resale-sites/

I would add tick pick to the mix - thats where I got mine and fees are built into the ticket and you get upfront pricing.  Gametime.com is also another less used site that I have snagged tickets on.

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2024, 12:42:39 PM »
I would add tick pick to the mix - thats where I got mine and fees are built into the ticket and you get upfront pricing.  Gametime.co (not gametime.com) is also another less used site that I have snagged tickets on.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2024, 02:23:32 PM »
Likely Creighton & us as the 2/3s in the night session Thursday. Get a “good” (non east coast) draw, and prices might be ok that day

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2024, 10:14:02 AM »
If anyone is looking for tickets, my buddy isn't able to go so I have a two available.  Always would prefer they go to a MU fan and would be nice to avoid the online fees from the broker sites.  They are in section 219 row 6, which are the barstools so you have a clear unobstructed view over everyone.  Nice that there's a counter to put your food and drinks on and quick access to bathrooms etc.

these are ALL SESSION tickets
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 10:17:51 AM by MU gimp ONE »
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2024, 10:32:37 AM »
If anyone is looking for tickets, my buddy isn't able to go so I have a two available.  Always would prefer they go to a MU fan and would be nice to avoid the online fees from the broker sites.  They are in section 219 row 6, which are the barstools so you have a clear unobstructed view over everyone.  Nice that there's a counter to put your food and drinks on and quick access to bathrooms etc.

these are ALL SESSION tickets

We dreaded getting those seats for one of the games at MSG, but despite the players looking like midgets, it turned out that they were really pretty nice. I would prefer a more "conventional" seat, but not by much surprisingly. The mostly top -down view was great and it was easier to see the offense/defense setups. Also-no Bozo fans walking around in front of you and then standing in one place, blocking your view.   
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2024, 02:03:50 PM »
We dreaded getting those seats for one of the games at MSG, but despite the players looking like midgets, it turned out that they were really pretty nice. I would prefer a more "conventional" seat, but not by much surprisingly. The mostly top -down view was great and it was easier to see the offense/defense setups. Also-no Bozo fans walking around in front of you and then standing in one place, blocking your view.

ah nice, good to know for next time.  I just liked the idea of having a counter and no one shuffling in and out of the aisle in front of me.  so these tickets are still available here, fee free...  or on stubhub for $200 in fees. smh
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2024, 02:49:11 PM »
ah nice, good to know for next time.  I just liked the idea of having a counter and no one shuffling in and out of the aisle in front of me.  so these tickets are still available here, fee free...  or on stubhub for $200 in fees. smh

Yep. the counter is nice, and I may have sounded like a crabby old fart (which I am) but I get pissed when 2-3 people are standing in front of me, shooting the bull while the game is going on. I yelled at a couple of guys once to sit down after they had been standing there like effin' idiots. They were clearly amused that someone my age would go after them, but I did and ....wait for it...they sat down.  ;D  I think my wife was a little embarrassed, but that happens often because she's married to me.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 02:50:49 PM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2024, 05:15:45 PM »
If any Marquette fan is still looking. I'm willing to cut a deal with them to get more of our fans there. Tickets to every game. Let me know

paulyv

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2024, 03:05:22 PM »
I have a pair in Section 7, Row 3... great seats.  Thursday evening session only.  Just not able to make it into NY before Friday.  Let me know if anyone is interested.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2024, 05:36:18 PM »
I have a pair in Section 7, Row 3... great seats.  Thursday evening session only.  Just not able to make it into NY before Friday.  Let me know if anyone is interested.
Are these still available??

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2024, 05:58:41 PM »
Hey Gang.   Getting pumped up for BET. We went last year for the First time and brought home the Championship, so we figured we better keep the Juju going...  What are the thoughts/opinions about getting TIX for THurs game, since its so late and vs 'Nova??  Ticket brokers or??? Should I wait til THurs??  We get there WED like Noonish.. Im just thinking a 930 game shouldn't be that hard for TIX.  Any input would be much appreciated !!!  GO WARRIORS !!!  8-)

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2024, 10:29:14 PM »
Hey Gang.   Getting pumped up for BET. We went last year for the First time and brought home the Championship, so we figured we better keep the Juju going...  What are the thoughts/opinions about getting TIX for THurs game, since its so late and vs 'Nova??  Ticket brokers or??? Should I wait til THurs??  We get there WED like Noonish.. Im just thinking a 930 game shouldn't be that hard for TIX.  Any input would be much appreciated !!!  GO WARRIORS !!!  8-)

Prices have been falling steadily so far, but it's hard to predict. Villanova and Providence both advancing could pump up prices a bit.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2024, 11:28:03 AM »
Prices have been falling steadily so far, but it's hard to predict. Villanova and Providence both advancing could pump up prices a bit.

Do we really think lots of people are holding off bc they’re worried about GT or DP?

feedback