Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crocodile Tears  (Read 4895 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Crocodile Tears
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2024, 08:35:45 PM »
but if for the bigger good…getting players that can beat Wisconsin…it could be rationalized as justified, I think

I’m good with years like last year and this year anytime. Would take this over Howard and Rowsey smoking Madison and missing the Tournament.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Viper

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2024, 08:42:26 PM »
I’m good with years like last year and this year anytime. Would take this over Howard and Rowsey smoking Madison and missing the Tournament.
true!…but that was a fun game

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2024, 09:00:18 PM »
Goal is National Championship

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2024, 09:01:49 PM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2024, 09:25:19 PM »
Is it dung?
Isn't that supposed to be Stevie?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2024, 06:09:54 AM »
Isn't that supposed to be Stevie?

I’ll wait for verification from Willie the Dung Master
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2024, 06:45:07 AM »
That is a sin.

The Jesuits are sure to shoot this down, but our new motto could be "Winning by Sinning".
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2024, 09:49:17 AM »
The Jesuits are sure to shoot this down, but our new motto could be "Winning by Sinning".
Let's roll with it

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2024, 10:26:08 AM »
Did Wright say that?

I’m not doubting that he did, and I wouldn’t blame him. I just never heard that.

I've heard other people say that about him. My guess is that is part of the reason Saban got out. The coaching takes a back seat now, It's more about being a GM than a coach. Every player on the squad is a free agent every day of the year. with NIL money. Not a criticism - just the way it is.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2024, 10:30:16 AM »
I've heard other people say that about him. My guess is that is part of the reason Saban got out. The coaching takes a back seat now, It's more about being a GM than a coach. Every player on the squad is a free agent every day of the year. with NIL money. Not a criticism - just the way it is.

It makes sense for it to be a factor. Just another headache to deal with, and not a small one. Would be interested in hearing Wright talk about it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2024, 10:48:12 AM »

Packers new D coordinator left due to the college landscape as well.
https://nypost.com/2024/02/01/sports/jeff-hafleys-packers-move-shows-college-football-spiraling-out-of-control/

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2024, 02:12:37 PM »
Rick's probably upset NIL has made it a more level playing field. The strippers don't seal the deal for recruits anymore.
I'm thinking this is why Miller hasn't been more successful at X. Lost his bag drop advantage.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

AccredoJoe

• Walk-On
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2024, 02:36:45 PM »
Maybe it’s time to totally overhaul college sports. Adopt the European sports model. No more college sports. Four or so levels of as players work their way up. The local colleges and universities still are fanatical about their local teams that are near their schools.The reality is when you look at college sports there are 50-75 programs that actually make money. That depends on whose analysis you accept. As on old Warrior it would sadden me but reality is what it is. Everything is out of control and things are going more professional every day. The snowball going down the hill is building up speed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2024, 02:40:24 PM »
Maybe it’s time to totally overhaul college sports. Adopt the European sports model. No more college sports. Four or so levels of as players work their way up. The local colleges and universities still are fanatical about their local teams that are near their schools.The reality is when you look at college sports there are 50-75 programs that actually make money. That depends on whose analysis you accept. As on old Warrior it would sadden me but reality is what it is. Everything is out of control and things are going more professional every day. The snowball going down the hill is building up speed.

The day Marquette shuts down the basketball program will be the day Marquette shuts down the entire school.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2024, 02:45:09 PM »
Perhaps.   I doubt it would be their choice if it were to happen. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2024, 02:53:59 PM »
I'm thinking this is why Miller hasn't been more successful at X. Lost his bag drop advantage.

We'll see.  Xavier was pretty dang good last year and made a deeper run in the NCAA Tournament than Marquette did.  They brought in a solid recruiting class coming into this season.  Freemantle and Hunter were projected to start for them this year and had season ending injuries/illness before the season even started, and they're still right there on the bubble.  Kam Craft is probably done for the year as well.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2024, 03:02:12 PM »

Didn't he bring in 12 new players this season?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2024, 03:05:09 PM »
Didn't he bring in 12 new players this season?

This was to be a rebuilding year, but I think he has exceeded that in terms of expectations.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2024, 07:29:42 PM »

College sports will be around for a long time. And they will be fine.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2024, 10:00:06 PM »
We'll see.  Xavier was pretty dang good last year and made a deeper run in the NCAA Tournament than Marquette did.  They brought in a solid recruiting class coming into this season.  Freemantle and Hunter were projected to start for them this year and had season ending injuries/illness before the season even started, and they're still right there on the bubble.  Kam Craft is probably done for the year as well.

This.
Miller is a good coach and a pretty solid recruiter. Despite likely having less bag many than lots of other coaches he’s been very solid at X.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2024, 05:27:11 AM »
This was to be a rebuilding year, but I think he has exceeded that in terms of expectations.

I watch X frequently because of my daughter.  They looked like they were figuring things out for the 2023 portion of the season and they've looked vastly improved and good in 2024.  Other than Olivari they are heavy on Freshman and Sophomores too.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

1SE

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2024, 02:35:33 AM »
but if for the bigger good…getting players that can beat Wisconsin…it could be rationalized as justified, I think

You guys didn't study Aquinas' Just Stripper Theory in THEO101?
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

feedback