collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Secret Santa  (Read 472 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Secret Santa
« on: December 21, 2023, 04:56:22 AM »
I am retired. None of the departments I worked for had us participate in a Secret Santa. I wonder how wide spread it is in the work place today and to me forced giving kind of defeats the spirit of the season. My Managers would always take us out for Lunch during the Holidays.  However, one team I worked with we did exchange gifts. I kind of get why the guy was upset, but maybe I am naive for isn't it better to give than receive?

https://nypost.com/2023/12/21/lifestyle/man-vows-never-to-do-secret-santa-again-after-he-goes-up-and-beyond-with-his-present-and-gets-reeses-hersheysman-vows-never-to-do-secret-santa-again-after-he-goes-all-out-with-his-present-and-only-get/

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 06:37:24 AM »
Such things are no longer allowed.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 06:40:58 AM »
Such things are no longer allowed.

mercifully

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 10:28:40 AM »
We do one.  Office has 23 employees- clerks to owners all participate.  $25-35 limit.  Recipient makes suggestions (e.g. giver's favorite book, gloves, or along the lines of "something to drink, something pink or something to make me think" - I wound up with a head of cabbage one year when I included "something green" in my suggestions).  Mix of silly and sincere gifts, never anything controversial.  Always a lot of fun.  We do it at our holiday lunch, which is at a different nice restaurant every year and goes for 3 plus hours.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 10:39:30 AM »
We do one.  Office has 23 employees- clerks to owners all participate.  $25-35 limit.  Recipient makes suggestions (e.g. giver's favorite book, gloves, or along the lines of "something to drink, something pink or something to make me think" - I wound up with a head of cabbage one year when I included "something green" in my suggestions).  Mix of silly and sincere gifts, never anything controversial.  Always a lot of fun.  We do it at our holiday lunch, which is at a different nice restaurant every year and goes for 3 plus hours.

Our department did for a couple years and people grumbled about it a lot. Someone suggested taking the money we spent on presents and giving it to a charity. Within 3 years we were sponsoring 4 families through the Salvation Army. The company matched what we gave and catered a large meal where we would wrap everything.

Within a couple more years, 3 other departments started doing the same thing.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 10:48:05 AM »
Our department did for a couple years and people grumbled about it a lot. Someone suggested taking the money we spent on presents and giving it to a charity. Within 3 years we were sponsoring 4 families through the Salvation Army. The company matched what we gave and catered a large meal where we would wrap everything.

Fantastic idea
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 11:27:05 AM »
Marquette Marketing Department is doing a promotion if you buy a cheap ticket you get a free hat promotion.  As a STH, I get didly squat. 

#grinchem

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2023, 11:53:31 AM »

Great.  You gave in to the war on Christmas by the woke mob and now supported 4 families who need to get a job.

So much for celebrating the birth of the Christ
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.