Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sad Trombone  (Read 7144 times)

tower912

• All American
Sad Trombone
« on: December 02, 2023, 01:32:52 PM »
1.   No #1 regular season ranking any time soon for MU. 
2.   I knew it was going to be a long afternoon when they said that the officiating crew is the same one that worked the Northwestern Purdue game.    They sucked in two consecutive games.   Combined with Wiscy at the Kohl hole. 
3.   Wisconsin played like a vintage Bo Ryan team.    Stayed in front of everybody, cut off passing lanes, cut off driving lanes.    Craftily physical.  Complaining on every call.   Efficient on offense.       A little Sparty flavor on defense, too.   Presenting a large wall.
4.  Rebounding hurt a lot.    I look forward to future seasons with frontcourt depth.   
5.   Klesmit was Jean Felix today in the first half. 
6.   I want more Stevie Mitchell, less Chase Ross/Sean Jones/Tre Norman.   I know this goes against the board zeitgeist (I've done it before), but to my eyes the team is better with him on the floor.
7.   No quit.   The hole was too deep.   And the rebounds too few.   
8. I think Wisconsin won the turnover battle.    Well, MU not dominating it was a win for Wisconsin.
9.   Wiscy won their super bowl
10.  Let the other game dictate how the game is played, lose.   Only thing to do now is learn, bounce back, and not let it become a losing streak.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: Sad Trombone
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 01:33:51 PM »
11. Jop would have pay someone for the rights to his NIL

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2023, 01:35:19 PM »
Back-to-back years where Marquette's worst performance of the season by a mile is Wisconsin. Sucks for now -- who cares in a month. Or three.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2023, 01:35:48 PM »
Need more from the 4 spot. I know Shaka’s standing on the portal. But when you have a legitimate chance at a national title, you have to do everything you can to put the best roster out there. Ignoring the portal is not the best approach in that situation.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2023, 01:36:26 PM »
Mr. High Steps =Bad Guy
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2023, 01:36:36 PM »
It's cliche, but Wisky wanted it more. Sure seemed better prepared. Executed way better. Played harder.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2023, 01:36:41 PM »
Need more from the 4 spot. I know Shaka’s standing on the portal. But when you have a legitimate chance at a national title, you have to do everything you can to put the best roster out there. Ignoring the portal is not the best approach in that situation.

Think the portal would tell the team minutes are earned. Jop doesn't deserve to be out there

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2023, 01:37:02 PM »
11.  Sean needs to turn down the open threes. 

This is a bad loss - Bucky will more than likely end up as a bottom half Big 10 team.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2023, 01:37:17 PM »
Back-to-back years where Marquette's worst performance of the season by a mile is Wisconsin. Sucks for now -- who cares in a month. Or three.

Nonsense.

The weaknesses that Gard exposed will resurface early in the tourney, as they did last year.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2023, 01:37:53 PM »

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2023, 01:38:10 PM »
Shaka not being able to win this rivalry is becoming an issue for me.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2023, 01:38:14 PM »
It's cliche, but Wisky wanted it more. Sure seemed better prepared. Executed way better. Played harder.

This is how I felt. They were very well coached for most of the game, we had them on the ropes and our coaching let us down. Hurst most cause it’s UW, hopefully they respond well vs Texas. David Joplin should never start.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2023, 01:38:56 PM »
Nonsense.

The weaknesses that Gard exposed will resurface early in the tourney, as they did last year.

I support you on here! I'm the one looking after you, apologizing for your poor crack at bring a father. But please, redirect your energy away from these posts and towards your children. They still need you.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2023, 01:38:59 PM »
It’s quite possible although hard to admit that maybe Wisconsin is a bit better than we all thought.

Not going to blame the refs one bit for this loss. The terrible effort on 50-50 balls, terrible 3 pt defense and terrible 3 pt shooting is why we lost. Joplin being 1-8 is basically 7 turnovers when he shot. Let’s move onto Texas

Boone

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2023, 01:39:05 PM »
Shaka HAS to reconsider transfer policy. Joplin clearly not worthy of starting role

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2023, 01:39:56 PM »

I could think of a fireable moderator offense right about now.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2023, 01:40:46 PM »
Surprised no one brought it up, but the Maui hangover is real. Purdue/Tennessee/MU all lose their first road games after Maui, just like Arizona did a year ago.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2023, 01:40:54 PM »
Shaka HAS to reconsider transfer policy. Joplin clearly not worthy of starting role

He needs to go back to the sixth man role.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2023, 01:41:43 PM »
It’s quite possible although hard to admit that maybe Wisconsin is a bit better than we all thought.

Not going to blame the refs one bit for this loss. The terrible effort on 50-50 balls, terrible 3 pt defense and terrible 3 pt shooting is why we lost. Joplin being 1-8 is basically 7 turnovers when he shot. Let’s move onto Texas
Terrible 3 pt. defense? One guy got hot for one half and overall the Bagders shot 25% from 3. Hardly the problem.

Kolek, Oso, Joplin, and S. Jones were all far below average today = the problem
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2023, 01:41:55 PM »

I kind of care, basically my whole family (who all live in the Milwaukee area) are Badger fans, so I pretty much have to watch with them, and now when I’m invested in the team we have to lose every year to the critters.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2023, 01:42:18 PM »
When we got it to a one possession game, early in the 2H we were beyond bad, almost indescribably bad.  Kam missed two wide open looks but we basically never went to Oso the entire gane.  We got terrible shots for the most part after a solid 4 mins.  Tyko took over the Illnois game, he was very passive today. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2023, 01:42:52 PM »
For an offensive philosophy that favors the three, there just aren’t enough shooters on this team.

And Ben’s awful defense means you can’t really ride with him either.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2023, 01:43:08 PM »
You can’t lose this rivalry and disappoint in the NCAAs. Those two are mutually exclusive. Regardless of the rest of the regular season.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2023, 01:43:13 PM »
Terrible 3 pt. defense? One guy got hot for one half and overall the Bagders shot 25% from 3. Hardly the problem.

Kolek, Oso, Joplin, and S. Jones were all far below average today = the problem

LOL, like Joplin hasn't shown you he's crap over  and over and over and over and over again.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2023, 01:43:23 PM »
Really concerning from Jop - something in his head right now ' hope he gets it sorted soon
Real Warriors Demand Excellence