'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wake Up Call  (Read 6716 times)

Daniel

• All American
Re: Wake Up Call
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2023, 07:51:58 PM »
Generally agree, and would like to see a little shake up even if temporary to start the game with a little more aggressiveness. I’m fine with Jop starting, if he makes one early and shows some of the grit has has displayed at times earlier in the year. We have been good and close to winning while playing poorly even as Jop has been awful, so maybe it’s all good. He can’t play much worse

Does anyone have stats on when Jop hits his first shot and how his game goes versus missing his first shot and how that goes?   

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2023, 09:16:24 PM »
Beyond Tyler, Kam, Oso this team has zero offense. 

Jolp improvement not existent.
Ross improvement not existent. 
Gold - maybe some 3’s
Sean - too short and can’t shoot.
Stevie - great D, can’t shoot

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2023, 09:35:34 PM »

Gold - maybe some 3’s

As someone else said, then those three are hitting makes it easier for the others to hit

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2023, 07:18:12 PM »
I think the Zaide talk is crazy as far as being ready for more minutes right now.

But I do think Gold should get some of Jop’s minutes.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2023, 09:25:10 PM »

Gold - maybe some 3’s

They can. They will. Perhaps some crises of confidence. Wonder if the high ranking adds some pressure, though it doesn't seem to be bothering the top guys.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2023, 11:24:16 PM »
I think the Zaide talk is crazy as far as being ready for more minutes right now.

But I do think Gold should get some of Jop’s minutes.

Shaka tried to give Gold some of Jop's minutes. Gold was a defensive sieve. I was surprised at how easily whoever he defended went past him on several possessions. He also had missed a couple 3s after making his first two attempts, so Shaka didn't think he could afford the defensive liability.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2023, 07:02:23 AM »
Can’t wait for Jo(l)p to knock down 5 or 6 treys in a game this week and everyone say, “he Win us that game. y he not do that every game?”
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2023, 07:56:04 AM »
He has done it before, he will do it again.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2023, 08:01:15 AM »
David Jolpin faced several of the tougher matchups for him over the past month and he has struggled. I do not like there are tough matchups for him, but it is a fact, IMO. I am very confident he has not forgotten how to shoot or score. Better days ahead for Jolp.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2023, 09:42:02 AM »
I've mentioned it before, but his release is different on almost every shot, especially when he has time to think about it. I think that's the culprit for the inconsistency as much as anything.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2023, 09:43:33 AM »
Btw, guess what nba player has 0 blocks in his career??
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2023, 09:45:06 AM »

Sam Hauser?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2023, 10:19:03 AM »
Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain. They retired before blocked shots became an official stat.

So you see records being set now and can only chuckle because you know that Russ and Wilt had way more in a quarter or game or season or career.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2023, 10:26:00 AM »
David Jolpin faced several of the tougher matchups for him over the past month and he has struggled. I do not like there are tough matchups for him, but it is a fact, IMO. I am very confident he has not forgotten how to shoot or score. Better days ahead for Jolp.

Goose,

We need Jop.  PERIOD.

34 minutes on Saturday, 3-13, 1-9 from distance, and count them.... 3 rebounds.  We have to get more production and way better efficiency.   Now obviously Tyko and Oso had off games  Saturday, but as the 4th option in the offense Jop can't put up those numbers nor be taking the most shots.  We desperately need him to defend and rebound at the forward position and score when he has open space. It changes everything when he plays a solid game and makes wide open shots.  I would make a concerted effort to get Joplin an easy bucket or two early in games.   I'm always concerned when a guy who's a good shooter misses badly on wide open J's.  This is the same guy who lit up Purdue last year in West Lafayette.  We need the young man, badly.  Hopefully he breaks out tomorrow. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2023, 10:34:08 AM »

He should go back to college.  Shaka and the staff probably would have tailored the team around getting OMax more blocks to make him more draftable
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2023, 10:44:35 AM »
Goose,

We need Jop.  PERIOD.

34 minutes on Saturday, 3-13, 1-9 from distance, and count them.... 3 rebounds.  We have to get more production and way better efficiency.   Now obviously Tyko and Oso had off games  Saturday, but as the 4th option in the offense Jop can't put up those numbers nor be taking the most shots.  We desperately need him to defend and rebound at the forward position and score when he has open space. It changes everything when he plays a solid game and makes wide open shots.  I would make a concerted effort to get Joplin an easy bucket or two early in games.   I'm always concerned when a guy who's a good shooter misses badly on wide open J's.  This is the same guy who lit up Purdue last year in West Lafayette.  We need the young man, badly.  Hopefully he breaks out tomorrow.

I think Jop was shooting 40% from three prior to Saturday, so I’m chalking this up to a bad game for him and expect a bounce back.  He does need to scale back on trying to drive to the rim.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2023, 10:56:59 AM »
Muggsy

I said it last year, if Jop is our biggest concern we are in very good shape as a program.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2023, 12:14:21 PM »
Muggsy

I said it last year, if Jop is our biggest concern we are in very good shape as a program.

Perhaps.  I think tomorrow is vital Goose.  We must defend our home floor and drop the hammer.  I'm still extremely upset about Saturday. 

MUbiz

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2023, 01:19:04 PM »
Muggsy

This is correct.