Main Menu
collapse

Resources

25-26 SOTG Tally

2025-26 Season SoG Tally
Ross6
James Jr4
Parham1
Stevens1

'24-25 * '23-24 * '22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

Big East Standings

Recent Posts

‘26-27 Schedule by JakeBarnes
[Today at 05:05:26 PM]


2027 Bracketology by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 05:02:37 PM]


Recruiting as of 6/15/26 by BrewCity83
[Today at 02:56:41 PM]


Big East offseason news by MU82
[Today at 02:05:05 PM]


Open Scrimmage by Jay Bee
[Today at 01:46:49 PM]


1977 Championship 50th Anniversary (New Uniform) by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[October 05, 2026, 08:54:38 PM]


26-27 Predictions by WhiteTrash
[October 05, 2026, 04:49:17 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address. We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or signup NOW!

Next up:  @ Green Bay (Exhibition)

Marquette
Marquette @
Green Bay (Ex)
Date/Time: Oct 19, 2026
TV: NA
Schedule for 2026-27
12 - 20

The Sultan

Quote from: Vander Blue Man Group on March 15, 2024, 10:21:44 PM
Ok, maybe I was wrong.

I didn't have an issue with the shot itself but in terms of the situation and time on the clock perhaps it wasn't the best decision.

I still don't hate the shot and love he had the confidence to take it. 

But he didn't have the confidence. It was a tentative effort with a wonky follow through.

It just felt the moment was getting a little big for him. And that's fine. He's going to be solid.
"I am one of those who think the best friend of a nation is he who most faithfully rebukes her for her sins—and he her worst enemy, who, under the specious and popular garb of patriotism, seeks to excuse, palliate, and defend them" - Frederick Douglass

tower912

What happened to Ben when he was weak and unsure with the ball, leading to a turnover?  He got pulled immediately and talked to.   No shame.  Young guys have a shorter leash. 
    Zaide played very well in the first half and got extended play as the team went on a run with him on the floor.    He got run in the second half until those two plays.  The way of the world.    He will be very good.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

MUfan12

Quote from: tower912 on March 16, 2024, 07:32:32 AM
What happened to Ben when he was weak and unsure with the ball, leading to a turnover?  He got pulled immediately and talked to.   No shame.  Young guys have a shorter leash. 

This was a revealing moment, for both Shaka and Oso.

Oso grabbed Ben on the way to the bench and talked to him. Shaka used the bench as a reset, not a punishment. Ben was right back in, Oso was right back building him up. Next trip he kicked it to Ben for a corner three.

Culture.

MUEng92

Quote from: MUfan12 on March 16, 2024, 08:25:01 AM
This was a revealing moment, for both Shaka and Oso.

Oso grabbed Ben on the way to the bench and talked to him. Shaka used the bench as a reset, not a punishment. Ben was right back in, Oso was right back building him up. Next trip he kicked it to Ben for a corner three.

Culture.
I think it was later in the game when Ben was put in and immediately inbounded the ball to Oso.  It struck me that while dribbling, Oso waited for Ben to run by and high fived him...again, while dribbling.  I assume there was a specific conversation the two had before that but I couldn't help thinking about how lots of players talk about being leaders and others just do it.

JakeBarnes

Quote from: MUEng92 on March 16, 2024, 08:38:10 AM
I think it was later in the game when Ben was put in and immediately inbounded the ball to Oso.  It struck me that while dribbling, Oso waited for Ben to run by and high fived him...again, while dribbling.  I assume there was a specific conversation the two had before that but I couldn't help thinking about how lots of players talk about being leaders and others just do it.

And Ben hit a 3 that play. Also remember that.

Culture.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

"We all carry within us our places of exile, our crimes and our ravages. But our task is not to unleash them on the world; it is to fight them in ourselves and in others." -Camus, The Rebel

bradforster

Quote from: JakeBarnes on March 16, 2024, 10:05:04 AM
And Ben hit a 3 that play. Also remember that.

Culture.

Ben Gold has hit his last seven three point attempts.

Uncle Rico

Quote from: bradforster on March 16, 2024, 10:17:38 AM
Ben Gold has hit his last seven three point attempts.

Huh
🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷

tower912

A solid foundation can be built with bricks.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

Vander Blue Man Group

I'm glad Gold Brick and Dung Stevie took Willie's criticisms to heart and started playing well.

Thank you for your service, Willie. 

TSmith34, Inc.

Quote from: Vander Blue Man Group on March 16, 2024, 11:07:54 AM
I'm glad Gold Brick and Dung Stevie took Willie's criticisms to heart and started playing well.

Thank you for your service, Willie.
In classic Dung Willie fashion, it was Brick Gold
"The greatest economy in the history of the world is on the horizon."

MuMark

Quote from: MUEng92 on March 16, 2024, 08:38:10 AM
I think it was later in the game when Ben was put in and immediately inbounded the ball to Oso.  It struck me that while dribbling, Oso waited for Ben to run by and high fived him...again, while dribbling.  I assume there was a specific conversation the two had before that but I couldn't help thinking about how lots of players talk about being leaders and others just do it.

Oso has become such a great leader........you see it time and again almost every game.

JakeBarnes

Quote from: MuMark on March 16, 2024, 03:19:03 PM
Oso has become such a great leader........you see it time and again almost every game.

What's great is seeing everyone grow on that leadership and teammate front. Absolutely amazing that not only are we seeing player skill development each year, but also the mental fortitude and leadership attributes being fostered and flourishing as well.

THAT is the biggest EGB.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

"We all carry within us our places of exile, our crimes and our ravages. But our task is not to unleash them on the world; it is to fight them in ourselves and in others." -Camus, The Rebel

tower912

Plays good, stays in.  Ben makes a soft mistake, comes out.  Pretty straightforward when you come off the bench.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

Uncle Rico

Quote from: tower912 on March 16, 2024, 06:17:27 PM
Plays good, stays in.  Ben makes a soft mistake, comes out.  Pretty straightforward when you come off the bench.

Watched Bo Ryan do it for 15 years
🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷

Previous topic - Next topic