Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Purdude abides  (Read 10229 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Purdude abides
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2023, 07:54:15 AM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2023, 08:01:21 AM »
I have no problem at all Kolek taking the three there.  One of the best players in the country going for the tie instead of the safer play, I’ll take my chances with him going for it any day.   It missed, that’s basketball.  He had enough of an opening that it was a pretty good look. Move on.  That’s not why they lost.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2023, 08:13:07 AM »
Why is that teal?
Because I don't believe it.   I want first team all Americans with the ball in their hands and taking shots at crunch time.   I did 5 years ago and I do now.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2023, 08:16:06 AM »
I'm glad to hear him say that, though. Because it means in even more crucial games, he'll be thinking about his decision making. I wanted Maui, but despite the missed opportunity, it only gave me more encouragement about our ability to win games in March and April.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

LongtimeFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2023, 09:30:15 AM »
Very difficult to beat any team that shoots 10 of 21 for 3pt shots. In previous 2 games Purdue only made 4 3pt shots each game, shooting 25%. This was a unicorn, including the shot at the end of the half. And MU almost won! In my opinion, Edey was not the difference, the 3s were.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 09:33:00 AM by LongtimeFan »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2023, 09:31:45 AM »
Very difficult to beat any team that shoots 10 of 21 for 3pt shots. In previous 2 games Purdue only made 4 3pt shots each game, shooting 25%. This was a unicorn, including the shot at the end of the half. And MU almost won! In my opinion, Eddy was not the difference, the 3s were.

Agreed
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2023, 09:34:35 AM »
The Maui hangover will probably hit at least one team- I'm glad we have a week off and a cupcake

Very smart scheduling, no pun intended.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2023, 09:36:11 AM »
Helluva game between two good teams. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2023, 09:36:23 AM »

As an aside, I am really proud of this thread title.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2023, 09:37:22 AM »
 ;D

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2023, 09:43:42 AM »
Very difficult to beat any team that shoots 10 of 21 for 3pt shots. In previous 2 games Purdue only made 4 3pt shots each game, shooting 25%. This was a unicorn, including the shot at the end of the half. And MU almost won! In my opinion, Edey was not the difference, the 3s were.

It was Edey, it was the first half shooting, it was Oso's second foul, a ton of little things went against us and led to the loss. But if that's what it takes for us to lose by one possession, I'll take it. This team can still make a deep March run and there are a lot of wins left in this season.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2023, 10:17:33 AM »
It was Edey, it was the first half shooting, it was Oso's second foul, a ton of little things went against us and led to the loss. But if that's what it takes for us to lose by one possession, I'll take it. This team can still make a deep March run and there are a lot of wins left in this season.

Purdue got pretty much every break in the game and still only won by three.  That tells you everything you need to know about this team’s ceiling.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2023, 10:39:44 AM »

Yessir!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2023, 10:51:49 AM »

Yep.  Edey is gonna eat.  And the way he gets his can be demoralizing because even if Marquette does a great job on him, this squad doesn't have the personnel to keep him from getting 2-3 great second chance opportunities per half.  So you have to shrug your shoulders on those and move on.  Even on the last put back, its not like Oso did anything wrong - Edey even said as much in his postgame.  Those are just going to happen when you give up 6 in and 60 lbs to a guy with decent hands.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2023, 02:37:41 PM »
For anyone who believes that a Marquette rematch with Purdue would result in Marquette losing to Purdue/Edey....

Please explain how 16 seed Fairleigh Dickinson in in 2023 and St. Peters in 2022 took down Purdue in the Big Dance.

I am not knocking Edey-he's phenomenal-but Purdue and Edey are not invincible. If we meet again, relax. The odds of them hitting so many 3s, are very slim. Marquette wins a rematch.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

romey

• All American
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2023, 07:20:12 PM »
But with Gold with 3  fouls and Oso with 2,  let Amadou have the last 90 seconds of the first half.
I was texting the same to my buddy. Why not get Al in there. In fact, someone commented Purdue knows they can throw the entry pass in high because no one can jump that high. There you go, who better than Al to try?

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2023, 07:13:39 AM »
I was texting the same to my buddy. Why not get Al in there. In fact, someone commented Purdue knows they can throw the entry pass in high because no one can jump that high. There you go, who better than Al to try?

IMO Al is going to make an impact defensively at some point this season on a tall wing that is hard for others on this team to guard.  He will not be in there for offense when he does come in.  Shaka most like needs to see some more consistency on D in practice first.  His athleticism and length could be an answer to a difficult offensive matchup (long athletic wing) in a couple of games this year.  At least for a couple 5 minute stretches if something else isn’t working.