Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] What does the potential NCAA settlement mean for MU? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[May 22, 2024, 09:36:22 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 22, 2024, 07:26:16 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by rocky_warrior
[May 22, 2024, 06:25:06 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by BCHoopster
[May 22, 2024, 06:19:00 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by tower912
[May 22, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Notre Dame?  (Read 1389 times)

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
Notre Dame?
« on: February 21, 2008, 06:42:03 PM »
If we tie conference record as ND, what is the tiebreaker as to the 4 seed instead of the 5 seed?
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

muguru

• All American
Re: Notre Dame?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 07:22:52 PM »
Whoever beats the higher team in the standings. For instance, ND has beaten UCONN this year so as of right now, they would win the tiebreaker as MU's best win is against Cincinnati. Now, this will change if MU beats Georgetown. Let's say they do, then GT MUST finish higher then UCONN in the conference standings for MU to win the tiebreaker.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 01:30:06 PM »
This is a shame they do the tie-breaker this way.  To be fair, after record, and head-to-head, it should be whoever had the harder schedule, as defined by total record of teams played.  I assume Marquette would be one of the highest of the conference this year, as we played UL, ND, and Seton Hall twice.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 01:38:40 PM »
Tie Breakers always remind me of this quote from BASEketball:

Dan Patrick: With the first nine months of the Baseketball postseason out of the way, the playoff picture is starting to emerge.

Kenny Mayne: So, with last night's victory over Boston, next week the Milwaukee Beers must beat Indianapolis in order to advance to Charlotte. That's in an effort to reduce their magic number to three.

Dan Patrick: Right, and then the Beers can advance to the National Eastern Division North to play Tampa.

Kenny Mayne: So, if the Beers beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup, unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play LA and Pittsburgh in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.

MUFan07

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 03:30:36 PM »
Whoever beats the higher team in the standings. For instance, ND has beaten UCONN this year so as of right now, they would win the tiebreaker as MU's best win is against Cincinnati. Now, this will change if MU beats Georgetown. Let's say they do, then GT MUST finish higher then UCONN in the conference standings for MU to win the tiebreaker.

I believe that UConn could not decide the tiebreaker between MU and ND.  ND is 1-1 while MU is 0-1.  If MU would have played UConn one more time they could potentially have won that game and been tied again with ND. 

From the Big East website:
2) Most wins do not prevail if the team with fewer wins could equal or surpass the win total of the
other team. Two examples of many scenarios that do not provide an advantage:
1) Team A 1-1   2) Team A 2-0
    Team B 0-1       Team B 1-0

feedback