Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Give ‘em hell Shaka  (Read 2605 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Give ‘em hell Shaka
« on: November 21, 2023, 11:54:21 PM »
Who wouldn’t go to war for this guy? Love Shaka. Has a chip on his shoulder and has his guy’s backs as much as they have his.

Also a great, great coach. Best part in my opinion is his lineups and willingness to ride the hot lineup. Most coaches, even the best, would just give an All American a couple minute blow. Shaka has no problem letting Kolek sit for 5 game minutes if his lineup is rolling.

Let’s get one more tomorrow and enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Give ‘em hell Shaka
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 11:58:04 PM »
Obviously others can speak to it better than I can but Shaka getting fired up like that fells like the closest thing Marquette has gotten to Al since Al.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 12:02:42 AM »
Seeing (I think) Stevie launch in there pull Shaka away from the fracas as if Shaka were a teammate and not a coach was so cool.  Its an incredibly fine line to lead these guys but also be with them - and Shaka does it better than anyone I've ever seen.  Can't think of a better person to represent our University.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 12:08:27 AM »
Seeing (I think) Stevie launch in there pull Shaka away from the fracas as if Shaka were a teammate and not a coach was so cool.  Its an incredibly fine line to lead these guys but also be with them - and Shaka does it better than anyone I've ever seen.  Can't think of a better person to represent our University.

It was Sean, but yeah. Kam jumped in too.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 12:08:35 AM »
Obviously others can speak to it better than I can but Shaka getting fired up like that fells like the closest thing Marquette has gotten to Al since Al.

Need to make sure he retires here.  And I think he will.  We found our Jay Wright. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 12:18:34 AM »

Amen, Burrow.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2023, 12:27:18 AM »
Go read the Kansas message board if you wanna see some vitriol. They HATE Shaka.

Called him a bitch multiple times, someone dropped the C word, and someone said they should throw a bullet pass right at his head.

Good night time reading before bed lol

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2023, 12:29:33 AM »
Go read the Kansas message board if you wanna see some vitriol. They HATE Shaka.

Called him a bitch multiple times, someone dropped the C word, and someone said they should throw a bullet pass right at his head.

Good night time reading
 before bed lol

unnatural carnal knowledge them

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2023, 12:38:21 AM »

If you prefer Bill Self to Shaka Smart...you're a sh1tty human being.  Remember when Chaney went after Calapari...this is kind of like that. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2023, 12:41:04 AM »

At the end of the season, the C very well could stand for Champion.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2023, 02:32:24 AM »

Obnixous fan base. Loved seeing them leave the arena early!!!

Go Warriors

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2023, 03:41:57 AM »
Out here in Hawaii….. boy o boy, the Rock Chalk Jayhawks contingent were extremely salty post game.  We were in the hotel bar chanting “we are
Marquette” and some middle aged K fan lady had to stand up and told us to shut up.  Geez

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2023, 06:02:38 AM »
From Yahoo Sports:
"I probably shouldn't have gotten so excited," Smart told ESPN Milwaukee in a postgame radio interview. "We're Marquette. We are Marquette, and we don't take a backseat to anyone. If someone wants to step up and challenge us, OK, we're going to challenge them right back."

https://sports.yahoo.com/tempers-flare-with-head-coaches-shaka-smart-and-bill-self-in-no-4-marquettes-upset-of-no-1-kansas-at-maui-invitational-083813074.html

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2023, 09:08:35 AM »
From Yahoo Sports:
"I probably shouldn't have gotten so excited," Smart told ESPN Milwaukee in a postgame radio interview. "We're Marquette. We are Marquette, and we don't take a backseat to anyone. If someone wants to step up and challenge us, OK, we're going to challenge them right back."

https://sports.yahoo.com/tempers-flare-with-head-coaches-shaka-smart-and-bill-self-in-no-4-marquettes-upset-of-no-1-kansas-at-maui-invitational-083813074.html

Very similar comments after we beat UCONN in the BET last year.  Love it.  Would go to war for him any day.  He'll have his team ready.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2023, 09:16:40 AM »
From Yahoo Sports:

Fk yes!!!!

I do not care for Bill Self.  At all.  Nor do I care for the arrogant and entitled Kansas fan base.  Had we shot the ball at a decent clip it would have been a 30 pt ass kicking.  As it stands we still dominated them and it was extremely satisfying. 

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2023, 09:28:12 AM »

That explains a lot of the errant throws to our sideline by the KU offense
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2023, 10:26:51 AM »
From Yahoo Sports:

After the game, when the teams shake hands, did Shaka and Self  shake hands… I could not find that nir did they show that I think

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2023, 10:31:15 AM »

After the game, when the teams shake hands, did Shaka and Self  shake hands… I could not find that nir did they show that I think

It was quick. Not sure either made much eye contact.

Shaka and McCullar looked like they had a pleasant exchange though. Looked like they were joking about it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2023, 10:31:40 AM »

They did a Crean blow by. Then he shared a laugh with the guy that was trash talking and gave the guy a hug who lost his mom.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2023, 10:32:29 AM »

Opponents love losers, and hate winners.  Kansas board testimony on how good Shaka and Marquette is.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2023, 10:35:17 AM »

They did.  It was a fly by, neither slowed down, no extra words.  Shaka showed a lot of class pulling McCullar aside at the end of the handshake line to "makeup" or share nice words.  We are beyond lucky to Shaka as our coach.

MurphysTillClose

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2023, 10:38:00 AM »
KU fans are so butthurt on Twitter it’s hilarious. They really hate Shaka.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2023, 10:41:27 AM »
KU fans are so butthurt on Twitter it’s hilarious. They really hate Shaka.

They should be. We kicked their @$$ and made one of the best teams money can buy give up early.

I don’t mind that one bit.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2023, 10:46:54 AM »
Shaka channeling his energy to our team. Love it.

Like Al's famous quote  "A basketball team should reflect a coach's personality ... my teams are obnoxious."
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire