[Today at 04:47:29 PM]

Big Week for Markus by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:54:58 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by Skatastrophy
[Today at 11:55:47 AM]

Men's Basketball Scholarships Increases to 15 in 2025-26 by bilsu
[Today at 11:52:47 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UCLA/Marq highlights  (Read 1537 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
UCLA/Marq highlights
« on: November 21, 2023, 07:33:50 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prey-30MrlM

Let's get pumped for tonights game.

Goose

• All American
Re: UCLA/Marq highlights
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 07:59:56 AM »
muwarrior69

I am pretty sure I could suit up tonight because that is how ready I am for tonight. The MU faithful were great last night and that is another testament to the HC. Fan excitement is not been this high in many scooper’s lifetimes.

I know the young guys hate hearing about the old days, but MU had Duke level fan support long before Duke. Tonight, MU enters the national conversation of basketball programs. Been a long journey, but worth the wait for this fan.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 08:09:40 AM »
I am pretty sure I could suit up tonight...

Please don't.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 08:25:11 AM »
In short shorts and a tight tank.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Spencer Pratt

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 08:32:26 AM »
Curious, why does the court even have an NBA 3 point line on it?  Always confusing when multiple line.  Isn't this court specifically for the tournament or no?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 08:34:06 AM »
Curious, why does the court even have an NBA 3 point line on it?  Always confusing when multiple line.  Isn't this court specifically for the tournament or no?

Don't think so.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2023, 08:37:39 AM »
muwarrior69

I am pretty sure I could suit up tonight because that is how ready I am for tonight. The MU faithful were great last night and that is another testament to the HC. Fan excitement is not been this high in many scooper’s lifetimes.

I know the young guys hate hearing about the old days, but MU had Duke level fan support long before Duke. Tonight, MU enters the national conversation of basketball programs. Been a long journey, but worth the wait for this fan.

Goose:

If you were to suit up tonight, would you consider yourself a 21st century "scrambled egg". Or would you see a bigger role for yourself?

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2023, 08:40:05 AM »
Don't think so.

They mentioned it was on last night's broadcast. Brand new court installed on Sunday. Wierd to have the NBA 3pt line.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2023, 08:48:57 AM »
They mentioned it was on last night's broadcast. Brand new court installed on Sunday. Wierd to have the NBA 3pt line.

Right. New court but they're going to keep it around so they want the NBA line.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2023, 08:51:57 AM »
Dribbler

I'm no scramble egg guy. If I am suiting up, I am there to get minutes. Back in the day I had a 70+ shooting %, if i got the ball I shot it 70% of the time. I would fit in well with the system but would make Stevie look like Steph Curry as a shooter. Probably best to sit it out.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2023, 08:55:59 AM »
Dribbler

I'm no scramble egg guy. If I am suiting up, I am there to get minutes. Back in the day I had a 70+ shooting %, if i got the ball I shot it 70% of the time. I would fit in well with the system but would make Stevie look like Steph Curry as a shooter. Probably best to sit it out.
nail biter.

Well, half the battle is knowing your role.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2023, 12:11:08 PM »
muwarrior69

Me too and I lived the old days. I am tired of hearing about the '77 Championship as the defining moment ( and to date it is) in Marquette Basketball history. It is time to carve out a new chapter and a new golden age of Marquette basketball. Let's make some history for a new generation of Marquette alums; and when the time comes will replace the AL with the Shak.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2023, 12:15:07 PM »
muwarrior69

I agree. This is Shaka's program and I want nothing more than to see a new golden era of MU basketball. I am as big of an Al groupie out there, but I tired of all the Al stuff quite some time ago.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2023, 12:47:46 PM »
muwarrior69

I agree. This is Shaka's program and I want nothing more than to see a new golden era of MU basketball. I am as big of an Al groupie out there, but I tired of all the Al stuff quite some time ago.

One more "Al Era" guy joining this club. Great memories, but it is just that- memories. The present and the future look great in the "Shaka Era". Blend the Al Era into that rather than constantly talking about the good old days of Al.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2023, 12:54:14 PM »
Just watched the game for the first time. I'm going to go for a run holy crap.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2023, 01:31:35 PM »
Me too and I lived the old days. I am tired of hearing about the '77 Championship as the defining moment ( and to date it is) in Marquette Basketball history. It is time to carve out a new chapter and a new golden age of Marquette basketball. Let's make some history for a new generation of Marquette alums; and when the time comes will replace the AL with the Shak.

I'm with you guys 100%. I've been a die-hard fan since 1966-67 and a STH for 47 years. Other than in some "old days" debate or historical context, I don't want to hear about 1977. Different era. Different times. Coach Smart and the program are on the cusp of establishing their own identity and greatness. Enjoy it. I don't give a chit what Al thought about this or that in 1969. I did then. I don't now.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2023, 02:11:54 PM »
muwarrior69

The best way to honor Al's legacy is for Shaka to succeed.