[Today at 12:33:49 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 10:43:34 AM]

NM by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 01:04:38 AM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Billy Hoyle
[June 18, 2024, 09:06:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shaka Quote  (Read 4353 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Shaka Quote
« on: November 11, 2023, 09:47:32 AM »
"And I thought our guys shared the ball. Listen, when you're leaders are Oso Ighodaro and Tyler Kolek and the way they pass, it's contagious. We talk a lot about EGBs. The No. 1 EGB is passing. And the No. 1 EZB - energy zapping behavior - is not passing when you should pass."

Interesting to ponder how Shaka would have coached the Markus Howard/Hauser team that ultimately disintegrated.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
Re: Shaka Quote
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 09:49:10 AM »
And so it begins….again.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 09:49:43 AM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 09:53:15 AM »
And so it begins….again.

He’s not wrong.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 09:54:19 AM »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 09:59:12 AM »
He’s not wrong.

Shaka's quote is 100% on the money, and the way his teams at MU have played is reflected in this mindset.  We've seen what happens when a coach implores one kid to "shoot more" and hand out the "ultimate green light."  Chemistry disintegrates. 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2023, 10:02:20 AM »
Isn't there a thread in the superbar this could be appended to

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2023, 10:04:05 AM »
Interesting to ponder

For 2 years, a Hall of Fame coach dealt with Sam's lazy, pouty, entitled little brother by alternately screaming in his face and benching him.

So sure, pondering how Shaka would have dealt with him is an interesting exercise. It's especially interesting to ponder unprovable hypotheticals from years ago when our current team is in the top 5.

Next on the interesting-to-ponder list: How would Shaka have coached the Rivers-led teams that Majerus couldn't win with.

Maybe we need a poll.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2023, 10:18:57 AM »
He’s not wrong.

Imagine having a top-5 team with an arena hopping for buy games and spending time bitching about previous coaches.  Marquette fans are so soft it’s unbelievable.  Bet Arizona fans spent the night bringing up Sean Miller

Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2023, 10:39:46 AM »
He’s not wrong.

I agree.  But it goes without saying.  Markus and the Hausers would have been a much better team with Shaka as the head coach.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2023, 10:52:52 AM »
I would've loved to see Jamal Cain develop under Shaka.  Not only from a skill development standpoint, like we've seen with O-Max and Chase but also the system fit.

Cain would have been great at the top of Shaka's press and halfcourt traps.  On offense, the role of corner three point shooter, off ball cutting to the rim, and running the floor in transition.  Would have been fun to see.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2023, 11:04:41 AM »
Shaka would have pursuaded Doc not to steal Marotta’s girl friend and all would have been copacetic in 1982.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2023, 11:11:43 AM »
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2023, 11:15:13 AM »
I like it.   Pass and let the ball find the best shot.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2023, 11:25:14 AM »
Hasn’t Shaka made some kind of comments about Kam having more or less the ultimate green light? I feel like he talks about wanting everyone to feel confident they can take their shot. Maybe I’m imagining these things.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2023, 11:29:46 AM »
I agree.  But it goes without saying.  Markus and the Hausers would have been a much better team with Shaka as the head coach.

I don’t think it does…….more likely that Shaka wouldn’t have recruited them since they don’t fit his defensive profile.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2023, 11:32:29 AM »
Hasn’t Shaka made some kind of comments about Kam having more or less the ultimate green light? I feel like he talks about wanting everyone to feel confident they can take their shot. Maybe I’m imagining these things.
You're not.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2023, 11:35:16 AM »
Would love to see whether wojo could get a team with Jaxson Hayes and Courtney Ramey into the big dance.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2023, 11:38:15 AM »
I don’t think it does…….more likely that Shaka wouldn’t have recruited them since they don’t fit his defensive profile.

The point would be better coaching matters.  But agreed on your point as well.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2023, 12:17:31 PM »
Speaking of which, I'm not sure Shaka would have recruited Kam. Stevie, yes, for sure, but Kam's style isn't the typical, intense guy Shaka favors. I recall Shaka, when asked about Kam dancing around on the court before the tip, saying something along the lines of, "I wouldn't it that way, but then again I can't shoot the ball like Kam."
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2023, 12:29:59 PM »
"And I thought our guys shared the ball. Listen, when you're leaders are Oso Ighodaro and Tyler Kolek and the way they pass, it's contagious. We talk a lot about EGBs. The No. 1 EGB is passing. And the No. 1 EZB - energy zapping behavior - is not passing when you should pass."

Interesting to ponder how Shaka would have coached the Markus Howard/Hauser team that ultimately disintegrated.

It’s really sad that you can’t move on.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2023, 01:38:43 PM »

Agreed……I mean we have a top 5 team and people insist on reliving the past instead of just appreciating the present.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2023, 02:33:24 PM »

We need the entertainment

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2023, 02:43:17 PM »
Asking how Shaka would have coached Glenn Rivers or Vanilla Soft Serve is akin to asking how Al would have coached Oso or Kam. At best it's speculation. Chances are, given our current culture, we probably would not have recruited them!

We are where we are. I'm proud of what our coach has done. I'm proud of our team's identity. It's different, I'll concede, but we're attaining things we haven't seen in awhile. Consecutive NCAA berths. Very high national rankings and, Glory Be, a Big East regular season and tournament championship. We have unfinished business from last year, so lets focus on that rather than past nightmares.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2023, 03:05:33 PM »
Asking how Shaka would have coached Glenn Rivers or Vanilla Soft Serve is akin to asking how Al would have coached Oso or Kam. At best it's speculation. Chances are, given our current culture, we probably would not have recruited them!

We are where we are. I'm proud of what our coach has done. I'm proud of our team's identity. It's different, I'll concede, but we're attaining things we haven't seen in awhile. Consecutive NCAA berths. Very high national rankings and, Glory Be, a Big East regular season and tournament championship. We have unfinished business from last year, so lets focus on that rather than past nightmares.
Yo brother geezer, making sense and no mention of sprouts, much love

feedback