Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Coaching Carousel  (Read 147271 times)

pbiflyer

• All American

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: 2024 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #1651 on: April 12, 2024, 02:43:43 PM »
Scoop is tame compared to 99% of all other power 5 fanbases. The hubris of those Kentucky fans last night was laughable.
This is true.

When I saw a person or two express how disappointed they were with Scoops reaction to the NCST loss, I thought to myself, they must live under a rock. I think Scoop was very civil and reasonable with a disappointing loss.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #1652 on: April 12, 2024, 04:36:54 PM »
  You might be on to something here hardy.  If cal struggled somewhat with the talent he was bringing in year after year…? The one and dones regardless of how good they are, go through growing pains. And the never really gel as a team. Also, the parity of college basketball today, it’s not easy to win year in/out.  Ask Matt painter, Bennett, Kryzewski et.al. Hell, ask Scott drew😉
Can you ask Scott and get back to us?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1653 on: April 12, 2024, 05:47:24 PM »
Can you ask Scott and get back to us?

why don't you go **** yourself
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1654 on: April 12, 2024, 05:49:48 PM »
True,  you never said done deal.  But you did post that the reason he turned down Louisville was because UK was going to offer him, implying that he was waiting for the UK job to open.  Instead he turned down UK too, so it seems like he turned down Loiusville (and Kentucky) because he wants to stay at Baylor.

You made a call based on good info.  It ended up not panning out,  it happens. Youre going to take some lumps for that. It's not personal,  it's what happens when someone misses a call on the internet

tamu-yes, but if i could elaborate which i cannot, all of you would see i was correct, but whatever...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1655 on: April 12, 2024, 06:07:56 PM »
tamu-yes, but if i could elaborate which i cannot, all of you would see i was correct, but whatever...

Just admit it, you don’t know ball
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #1656 on: April 12, 2024, 06:47:32 PM »
  why don't you go **** yourself
You should try praying...you need Jesus.  Christians don't speak like that.  God bless you sir.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 07:00:01 PM by avid1010 »

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #1657 on: April 12, 2024, 06:52:16 PM »
You're standing by your belief that he is going to Louisville (when the press had already noted he turned them down)...or the one that he turned down Louisville for Kentucky (when you previously said he was going to Louisville) ...or the one where he prayed about everything and stayed put?

Whoever your source is...they should let you know before the press correctly contradicts you...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 07:20:49 PM by avid1010 »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1658 on: April 12, 2024, 08:08:23 PM »
Look, I know rocket is by and large a big dope, but he isn't one to constantly claim insider information here. He clearly has some sort of connection to the Drews and was pretty close to being spot on with the UK stuff.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1659 on: April 12, 2024, 08:34:39 PM »
Almost as correct as your HCQ and Ivermectin calls. Any day now...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1660 on: April 12, 2024, 08:45:27 PM »
Look, I know rocket is by and large a big dope, but he isn't one to constantly claim insider information here. He clearly has some sort of connection to the Drews and was pretty close to being spot on with the UK stuff.

He read Twitter.

Literally everyone was reporting Drew was offered the Louisville job. And you don’t even need reporters to report that. They ended up with Pat Kelsey. They’re one of the biggest brands in college basketball. They shot for bigger names than him.

Then everyone reported Kentucky offered Drew their job…after Oats and Hurley publicly turned them down. Then Drew literally sent out a public statement, and Roquet shared it like he was Herman on Grimes’s visit, only with Drew in Lexington.

Just because I read that Shaka had a Zoom interview with Kentucky doesn’t mean I’m texting with Shaka every night. It’s well known.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1661 on: April 12, 2024, 09:02:24 PM »
He read Twitter.

Literally everyone was reporting Drew was offered the Louisville job. And you don’t even need reporters to report that. They ended up with Pat Kelsey. They’re one of the biggest brands in college basketball. They shot for bigger names than him.

Then everyone reported Kentucky offered Drew their job…after Oats and Hurley publicly turned them down. Then Drew literally sent out a public statement, and Roquet shared it like he was Herman on Grimes’s visit, only with Drew in Lexington.

Just because I read that Shaka had a Zoom interview with Kentucky doesn’t mean I’m texting with Shaka every night. It’s well known.

Fluffy is right. Rocket is not one to ever claim insider information. He did here, and was very confident on it. He also is strangely defensive about Drew.

He probably did have some insight, turned out to be wrong, but that doesn't mean he didn't have some insider info.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1662 on: April 12, 2024, 09:23:29 PM »
He read Twitter.

I give up…you guys win, have a good one

btw, the smart ones here can push aside the partisan divide for a moment and ding ding ding - thank you!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1663 on: April 12, 2024, 09:26:59 PM »
Fluffy is right. Rocket is not one to ever claim insider information. He did here, and was very confident on it. He also is strangely defensive about Drew.

He probably did have some insight, turned out to be wrong, but that doesn't mean he didn't have some insider info.

Some people would call that fake news

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #1664 on: April 12, 2024, 09:35:22 PM »
For what it's worth, Scott Drew's high school best friend is a dentist.  And his best friend's son was going to Marquette to be a dentist (I forget how old his son is now).

mug644

• All American
« Reply #1665 on: April 12, 2024, 11:43:03 PM »
For what it's worth, Scott Drew's high school best friend is a dentist.  And his best friend's son was going to Marquette to be a dentist (I forget how old his son is now).

#ScottDrew2MU and #ShakabacktoTexasbutnowtoBaylor

#donedeal

As we all know, MU needs a bball coach with dental connections. We've seen nothing, nothing, of that from Shaka. Time to move on, and a swap seems fair.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1666 on: April 13, 2024, 01:03:54 AM »

#donedeal

As we all know, MU needs a bball coach with dental connections. We've seen nothing, nothing, of that from Shaka. Time to move on, and a swap seems fair.

too much crime in Milwaukee for this to happen

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #1667 on: April 13, 2024, 05:57:04 AM »

#donedeal

He must have dental connections. He has a nice toothy smile
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1668 on: April 13, 2024, 07:53:36 AM »
what’s up with the personal stuff? …and from behind a keyboard, no less.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1669 on: April 13, 2024, 08:26:52 AM »
Irony
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1670 on: April 13, 2024, 08:41:01 AM »
what’s up with the personal stuff? …and from behind a keyboard, no less.

Huh.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1671 on: April 13, 2024, 08:52:31 AM »

Now I know why he’s such a dirty coach

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1672 on: April 13, 2024, 09:29:38 AM »
Irony
not really. I never go personal. Robust debate? Yes.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1673 on: April 13, 2024, 09:32:48 AM »
Huh.
it needs to be explained? You’ll belittle someone and aren’t aware of it? Seems odd.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #1674 on: April 13, 2024, 09:45:45 AM »

Most of this board are anti-dentites.