Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Coaching Carousel  (Read 147481 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2024 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #1425 on: April 08, 2024, 08:58:07 PM »
Twitter has taken a turn and saying Nate Oates is gonna take the Kentucky job

Kentucky appears to have a real shot.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1426 on: April 08, 2024, 08:58:53 PM »
Oats info was per Twitter talk

I saw that but it’s my belief if a guy is putting out a statement about staying somewhere, it’s usually because they weren’t getting the gig.

I don’t think cash is an issue at Kentucky.  It’s possible they’re not as organized as Alabama.  That I would believe
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #1427 on: April 08, 2024, 08:59:23 PM »
NAIA must be bigots under Sultan's definition

I saw that today.  25-0 vote.  NCAA will hopefully follow suit.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1428 on: April 08, 2024, 09:00:01 PM »
I saw that today.  25-0 vote.  NCAA will hopefully follow suit.

You guys and gals want to start a thread elsewhere on this matter?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1429 on: April 08, 2024, 09:00:26 PM »

Yep.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #1430 on: April 08, 2024, 09:03:28 PM »
You guys and gals want to start a thread elsewhere on this matter?

Sorry, I was done until Sultan decided to revive the whole thing.  And, I'm biologically hard-wired to want the last word.  Or is that bigoted to say?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1431 on: April 08, 2024, 09:04:49 PM »

Told myself I wouldn't stumble back into this, but here we are ...

There's plenty of room for a reasonable, nuanced discussion and differing opinions about when, where and under what circumstances transgender athletes should compete.

Referring to transgender women as "men," specious claims about women being deprived of opportunities and couching one's prejudices as a women's rights issue is not part of that discussion.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1432 on: April 08, 2024, 09:05:01 PM »
Am I missing the Scott Drew is going to UK piece? I've only seen him as an option.

• All American
« Reply #1433 on: April 08, 2024, 09:05:33 PM »

There's plenty of room for a reasonable, nuanced discussion and differing opinions about when, where and under what circumstances transgender athletes should compete.

Referring to transgender women as "men," specious claims about women being deprived of opportunities and couching one's prejudices as a women's rights issue is not part of that discussion.

Yep.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1434 on: April 08, 2024, 09:07:07 PM »
Did he pray before his decision?  Or was it the money?  I’m guessing it was the money
casting a lot of stones, brah.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1435 on: April 08, 2024, 09:07:47 PM »
casting a lot of stones, brah.

History is a great teacher, brah

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1436 on: April 08, 2024, 09:11:40 PM »
Whatever, bro.  Title XI was established specifically to provide opportunities to women in sports

Actually Title XI had nothing to do with women's sports. It established that local and state anti discrimination laws could not supercede the civil rights act of 1964.

Title IX on the other hand....
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #1437 on: April 08, 2024, 09:12:49 PM »

Oh come on.  Their biology states that transwomen are men.  It's perplexing to me that you don't see those 34 transwomen in NCAA sports that you mentioned earlier as anything other than a Title IX violation where positions that have been set aside specifically for women are being given to non-women.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 09:17:55 PM by jutaw22mu »

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #1438 on: April 08, 2024, 09:13:41 PM »
Actually Title XI had nothing to do with women's sports. It established that local and state anti discrimination laws could not supercede the civil rights act of 1964.

Title IX on the other hand....

Haha thanks for the correction.  I don't do Roman numerals.  :)

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1439 on: April 08, 2024, 09:18:44 PM »
It's almost like you only know one word and you think that if you say it enough times that it must be true.
Sultan has no argument, hence the race card/bigotry play. I’ll gladly take the bigot label, however, in opining that men should not compete with women in sport. What if, for example, Mike Tyson decided to be…Michelle Tyson? Ah, no can do. Bigoted? Nope. Common sense? Yup.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1440 on: April 08, 2024, 09:20:25 PM »
Oh come on.  Their biology states that transwomen are men.  It's perplexing to me that you don't see those 34 transwomen in NCAA sports that you mentioned earlier as anything other than a Title IX violation where positions that have been set aside specifically for women are being given to non-women.

Assumes facts not in evidence, counselor.
Show your work.

• All American
« Reply #1441 on: April 08, 2024, 09:23:04 PM »
Sultan has no argument, hence the race card/bigotry play. I’ll gladly take the bigot label, however, in opining that men should not compete with women in sport. What if, for example, Mike Tyson decided to be…Michelle Tyson? Ah, no can do. Bigoted? Nope. Common sense? Yup.

As Pak said, there are ways to allow trans athletes to participate that allow for fairness. But that requires thoughtful, well researched policy.

But that’s not what this is about. This is about piling onto a group that’s been repeatedly and disgustingly piled onto.

And simpletons such as yourself fall for it. Bigotry disguised as “fairness.”

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #1442 on: April 08, 2024, 09:26:13 PM »

Michelle Tyson at 57 would absolutely obliterate the best female boxer in her prime.  Facts.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #1443 on: April 08, 2024, 09:28:30 PM »
As Pak said, there are ways to allow trans athletes to participate that allow for fairness. But that requires thoughtful, well researched policy.

But that’s not what this is about. This is about piling onto a group that’s been repeatedly and disgustingly piled onto.

And simpletons such as yourself fall for it. Bigotry disguised as “fairness.”

I agree.  Fairness would be for them to compete in their designated biological sex while being recognized as the women that they believe themselves to be.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1444 on: April 08, 2024, 09:30:48 PM »

Ah yes, the ever-present boogeyman  of the male athlete who's going to declare himself a woman and immediately compete in (and dominate) women's spprts.. Which has happened never and could happen never at any level.
And yet dolts keep raising this as if it were a real possibility.

• All American
« Reply #1445 on: April 08, 2024, 09:32:31 PM »
I agree.  Fairness would be for them to compete in their designated biological sex while being recognized as the women that they believe themselves to be.

Yeah. You’re a pretty despicable person. Not worth the energy I have already spent.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #1446 on: April 08, 2024, 09:34:28 PM »
Yeah. You’re a pretty despicable person. Not worth the energy I have already spent.

Cool.  Then I will take the last word and we can stop this dumb argument.  #lastword

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #1447 on: April 08, 2024, 10:00:33 PM »

The athletics issue is generally used as a distraction to avoid deeper moral consideration of trans issues. You and everyone who refuses to accept that fellow human beings may declare their own gender are scum. Please try to become a better person.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #1448 on: April 08, 2024, 10:01:54 PM »
The athletics issue is generally used as a distraction to avoid deeper moral consideration of trans issues. You and everyone who refuses to accept that fellow human beings may declare their own gender are scum. Please try to become a better person.

They can declare their own gender but not sex.  Biology declares sex.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #1449 on: April 08, 2024, 10:03:55 PM »
They can declare their own gender but not sex.  Biology declares sex.

You have repeatedly referred to trans women as "men" and "non-women" in this thread.