Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] What does the potential NCAA settlement mean for MU? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[May 22, 2024, 09:36:22 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 22, 2024, 07:26:16 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by rocky_warrior
[May 22, 2024, 06:25:06 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by BCHoopster
[May 22, 2024, 06:19:00 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by tower912
[May 22, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Coaching Carousel  (Read 147377 times)

jutaw22mu

• All American
Re: 2024 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #1325 on: April 08, 2024, 11:24:11 AM »
Too bad your experiences turned you into a bigot.

If by "bigot," you mean to say "feminist," then yes, I agree.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1326 on: April 08, 2024, 11:25:43 AM »

I see you are now bastardizing a word to cover your own bigotry. Pretty sad.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

HansMoleman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1327 on: April 08, 2024, 11:26:25 AM »
No one is saying they can't compete according to their biological sex, while still being allowed to express their gender identities.  However, their "validation" does not have to come at the expense of women's sports, and women's safety in sports/locker rooms.  Maybe it's their fellow men who are, in fact, the bigots.  Maybe you should be more accepting to transpeople wanting to compete in your categories.  Maybe Lia Thomas should have competed in men's swimming events (college and beyond) where they are more appropriate fit biologically.

Stating this does not make me a bigot or uneducated.  I have different life experiences from you on the basis of actually growing up as a woman and being a feminist and fighting for women's rights.  I earned a PhD in chemistry where few women do so, even today, because of harrassment from colleagues...our group of 17 had just 4 women.  I did a postdoc in academia and made notes of the very different ways women were treated and the number of women professors in my department.  I competed at very high levels in women's sports and had opportunities to do things like win state championships in team sports against other girls or compete for a spot in New Englands (track and field), while not having to worry about being injured by someone who was miscategorized. I also competed in coed sports where there are very clear differences in levels of physical ability -- speed and strength.  Sorry that you do not like or agree with my opinion, but it is a lived experience, which you cannot possibly appreciate as a man.

Sorry, skoop sez you're wrong.  Bigot.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #1328 on: April 08, 2024, 11:26:56 AM »

Did you by chance write a popular series of children’s books about a boy wizard and his friends at witchcraft school?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #1329 on: April 08, 2024, 11:27:03 AM »
Anyhoo ... back to the Coaching Carousel ...

The Athletic listed 9 potential candidates, and Shaka was #9. Here's what they said:

It was made perfectly clear by Smart’s reps that he wasn’t interested in some prominent openings earlier in this cycle, but none of those jobs were Kentucky. The easy argument against this is that Smart already lived the life of a major, state school, hyper-high profile job, and it didn’t work out. But Texas and Kentucky are not remotely similar jobs. Kentucky is a basketball school — maybe the basketball school — and is the equivalent of Marquette on all available steroids. We wonder if Smart would have interest in turning his life upside down in the most dramatic way possible, but wouldn’t he at least have to answer the call, if it comes?
There are three reasons for a coach to change jobs.
In my opinion:
1. Money
2. Unhappy alumni/administration
3. Recruiting.

2 is why Buzz left.
3 is why Crean left.

I think the big concern here about Shaka would be recruiting. It is much easier to recruit for Kentucky.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1330 on: April 08, 2024, 11:28:50 AM »
No one is saying they can't compete according to their biological sex, while still being allowed to express their gender identities.  However, their "validation" does not have to come at the expense of women's sports, and women's safety in sports/locker rooms.  Maybe it's their fellow men who are, in fact, the bigots.  Maybe you should be more accepting to transpeople wanting to compete in your categories.  Maybe Lia Thomas should have competed in men's swimming events (college and beyond) where they are more appropriate fit biologically.

Stating this does not make me a bigot or uneducated.  I have different life experiences from you on the basis of actually growing up as a woman and being a feminist and fighting for women's rights.  I earned a PhD in chemistry where few women do so, even today, because of harrassment from colleagues...our group of 17 had just 4 women.  I did a postdoc in academia and made notes of the very different ways women were treated and the number of women professors in my department.  I competed at very high levels in women's sports and had opportunities to do things like win state championships in team sports against other girls or compete for a spot in New Englands (track and field), while not having to worry about being injured by someone who was miscategorized. I also competed in coed sports where there are very clear differences in levels of physical ability -- speed and strength.  Sorry that you do not like or agree with my opinion, but it is a lived experience, which you cannot possibly appreciate as a man.

You were scared of being injured by a biological male in track and field?  What the hell kind of track and field were you competing in?

I'd welcome any females that transition to males to compete in male sports.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #1331 on: April 08, 2024, 11:29:10 AM »
Sorry, skoop sez you're wrong.  Bigot.

The majority of Scoop were also Pro-Jos for far too long, so I'm cool with them thinking I'm wrong. 

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #1332 on: April 08, 2024, 11:31:24 AM »
You were scared of being injured by a biological male in track and field?  What the hell kind of track and field were you competing in?

I'd welcome any females that transition to males to compete in male sports.

Not track and field...I was refering to team sports which were mentioned in the same sentence.  And I was never afraid of being injured by a biological male there because boys competing as girls was never a thing when I played competitive sports.

Of course you would welcome females who transitioned to male to compete in male sports.  There is no physical advantage and they would never displace a boy from a roster.  Imagine if they did though. Imagine if there was an advantage and some girl stole a coveted position from a boy (starting quarterback, perhaps)?  That would get shut down so fast...because at the end of the day, boys are more valued than girls.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 11:34:24 AM by jutaw22mu »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1333 on: April 08, 2024, 11:35:10 AM »
Not track and field...I was refering to team sports which were mentioned in the same sentence.  And I was never afraid of being injured by a biological male there because boys competing as girls was never a thing when I played competitive sports.
And it's not really a thing now...except for a very few instances.  But I guess everybody has to be outraged by something so you do you.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1334 on: April 08, 2024, 11:40:56 AM »
And it's not really a thing now...except for a very few instances.  But I guess everybody has to be outraged by something so you do you.

As of 2023, there were 34 transgender athletes among the more than 520,000 NCAA athletes.
That's .000065%
So, obviously you can understand why people like jutaw22mu are so concerned.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1335 on: April 08, 2024, 11:44:34 AM »
Is there a thread on Scoop for men's college basketball coaching changes? Asking for a friend.  ;)

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #1336 on: April 08, 2024, 11:45:23 AM »
As of 2023, there were 34 transgender athletes among the more than 520,000 NCAA athletes.
That's .000065%
So, obviously you can understand why people like jutaw22mu are so concerned.

Great math, but that's 34 spots that should have went to women and didn't.  So, yes, I am concerned.  Especially if scholarships were involved.

WHY DO YOU HATE WOMEN SO MUCH?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1337 on: April 08, 2024, 11:50:39 AM »
I’d hire Dawn Staley before Scott Drew.  She has way more integrity than the cheater.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #1338 on: April 08, 2024, 11:54:34 AM »
Is there a thread on Scoop for men's college basketball coaching changes? Asking for a friend.  ;)

Can you 3 or 4 or whatever just walk away from this circular argument that is not going to convince anyone of anything and get the thread back on track!?!

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1339 on: April 08, 2024, 12:03:41 PM »
There are three reasons for a coach to change jobs.
In my opinion:
1. Money
2. Unhappy alumni/administration
3. Recruiting.

2 is why Buzz left.
3 is why Crean left.

I think the big concern here about Shaka would be recruiting. It is much easier to recruit for Kentucky.

Counterpoint:  The way Shaka wants to recruit aligns much better with Marquette than the way Kentucky expects their coach to recruit aligns with Shaka.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1340 on: April 08, 2024, 12:06:21 PM »
Counterpoint:  The way Shaka wants to recruit aligns much better with Marquette than the way Kentucky expects their coach to recruit aligns with Shaka.
Great point. I wonder how UK fans would deal with not having a top 10 recruiting class, but rather a strategy of player development?

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #1341 on: April 08, 2024, 12:08:05 PM »

Agree, I think Kentucky fans would be freaking out right now if Shaka wasn’t currently all in on top portal guys and random 5 star recruits. They would also probably have wanted him fired for not replacing Omax with the top available portal transfer from last year. I think Shaka would be pretty low on their list based on his philosophy of how he wants to build a program.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1342 on: April 08, 2024, 12:08:50 PM »
I really don't think Kentucky cares about how a coach recruits as long as he wins. I think the one and done thing, and ignorance of the portal, was all Cal's doing. 

Anyway, here is a great article comparing this hire to Jimbo Fischer's at A&M

https://www.on3.com/news/john-calipari-to-arkansas-is-the-hoops-version-of-jimbo-to-texas-am/

"Asked after the Oakland loss if he’d consider using the transfer portal more to build an older roster rather than relying on so many freshmen, Calipari offered an answer that further enraged the Kentucky fanbase.

“I’ve done this with young teams my whole career, and it’s going to be hard for me to change that,” Calipari said. “Because we’ve helped so many young people and their families that I don’t see myself just saying, ‘Okay, we’re not going to recruit freshmen.’ I mean, the thing that we’ve been blessed with is families bring their sons to us and we do what we’re supposed to do to help them prepare for the rest of their lives.”

At Arkansas, Calipari needs to understand that his job is to win the most championships, not to produce the most first-rounders. Yes, those things do go hand-in-hand sometimes. But they don’t always dovetail."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #1343 on: April 08, 2024, 12:47:06 PM »
Anyhoo ... back to the Coaching Carousel ...

The Athletic listed 9 potential candidates, and Shaka was #9. Here's what they said:

It was made perfectly clear by Smart’s reps that he wasn’t interested in some prominent openings earlier in this cycle, but none of those jobs were Kentucky. The easy argument against this is that Smart already lived the life of a major, state school, hyper-high profile job, and it didn’t work out. But Texas and Kentucky are not remotely similar jobs. Kentucky is a basketball school — maybe the basketball school — and is the equivalent of Marquette on all available steroids. We wonder if Smart would have interest in turning his life upside down in the most dramatic way possible, but wouldn’t he at least have to answer the call, if it comes?

One call, that’s all!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1344 on: April 08, 2024, 12:47:54 PM »

Can you 3 or 4 or whatever just walk away from this circular argument that is not going to convince anyone of anything and get the thread back on track!?!

Let's get back to discussing violent crime rates in Chicago.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1345 on: April 08, 2024, 12:50:40 PM »
Oh, got it.  Both you and Hippie Hyperbole of whatever the hell his name is both know me and my intentions better than I do.  Why don't you both mansplain a little more to me about what I think.
No need, you've been telling us who you are since 2007.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1346 on: April 08, 2024, 01:22:37 PM »
Vintage MU scoop

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1347 on: April 08, 2024, 01:26:51 PM »
You are hilarious to everyone but yourself.
you mock Rocket Surgeon but you’ll beg for him to do your dental implant, hey
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 01:41:09 PM by Viper »

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1348 on: April 08, 2024, 01:32:00 PM »
Dawn Staley should go coach Kentucky since she already implied she would be fine with coaching men anyway.
you are correct. But, be careful. Scoops basement keyboard snipers are locked & loaded.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1349 on: April 08, 2024, 01:36:26 PM »
Yeah...something tells me you really don't care all that much about women's rights.

Anyway, you should keep the politics out of the Coaching Carousel topic because it has zero to do with what is being discussed here.
I’m willing to bet jutaw22mu does care about women’s rights. I’m willing to bet she feels as any reasonable person would that men do not belong in womens sports. And who the hell are you to post what someone should or should not post? I mean, you post more bullshiiit on Scoop than anyone.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 01:42:23 PM by Viper »