Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Coaching Carousel  (Read 147274 times)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: 2024 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #700 on: February 28, 2024, 09:46:25 AM »
I'm not a fan of Miller because he cheated at AZ. I don't think he is great but I'll go so far as to say he is very good.

I still hold a grudge with Kelvin Sampson for texting recruits.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #701 on: February 28, 2024, 10:41:03 AM »
I still hold a grudge with Kelvin Sampson for texting recruits.
;D
No grudge here, just think he had very good (not great) teams due to an unfair advantage. Pitino cheated but won (rumor is a National Championship at UofL, but I can't find any record of it)

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #702 on: February 28, 2024, 05:28:46 PM »
;D
No grudge here, just think he had very good (not great) teams due to an unfair advantage. Pitino cheated but won (rumor is a National Championship at UofL, but I can't find any record of it)
Pitino is a huuuuge slimeball cheater
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #703 on: February 28, 2024, 05:57:02 PM »
All adulterers should be banned from positions of authority.   What say you?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #704 on: February 28, 2024, 06:01:57 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #705 on: February 28, 2024, 08:31:03 PM »
Pitino is a huuuuge slimeball cheater
Insight worthy of exalted scholars, Dung Willie
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #706 on: February 29, 2024, 10:44:59 AM »

Watt specific positions bother you, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #707 on: February 29, 2024, 11:04:06 AM »

Watt specific positions bother you, hey?

As an evangelical Christian, adultery is only a concern if it hurts my pocketbook
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #708 on: February 29, 2024, 11:23:46 AM »
I'm not a fan of Miller because he cheated at AZ. I don't think he is great but I'll go so far as to say he is very good.

U of A 2nd favorite team. Too many losses as better team in tourney. Bad last 3 years overall. It was time for a change. Lloyd been better in regular season, but would be nice if he'd do well in the tourney sooner rather than later. 2-2 so far, bad loss to Princeton, Mathurin doesn't make the shot, they don't make the Sweet 16 two years ago.
GO WARRIORS!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #709 on: February 29, 2024, 11:46:41 AM »
As an evangelical Christian, adultery is only a concern if it hurts my pocketbook

So, missionary

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #710 on: February 29, 2024, 03:10:03 PM »

I think they should be placed in a difficult position

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #711 on: February 29, 2024, 03:11:55 PM »
  I think they should be placed in a difficult position

So, piledriver

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #713 on: March 03, 2024, 09:05:02 AM »
Absolutely Dusty May's time to get out for a big-boy gig before FAU turns back into an afterthought. Brian Dutcher makes a lot of sense for Michigan, except that he turns 65 this year. TJO and Oats already have great jobs, but maybe for one of them ... "it's Michigan, it's Michigan"? Have no idea yet if Tang is a good coach - he might be, but the resume is quite light.

Insulted that Shaka wasn't mentioned!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #714 on: March 03, 2024, 09:19:03 AM »
Absolutely Dusty May's time to get out for a big-boy gig before FAU turns back into an afterthought. Brian Dutcher makes a lot of sense for Michigan, except that he turns 65 this year. TJO and Oats already have great jobs, but maybe for one of them ... "it's Michigan, it's Michigan"? Have no idea yet if Tang is a good coach - he might be, but the resume is quite light.

TJO with Michigan’s money cannon will find it way easier to tamper with other teams rosters
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #715 on: March 03, 2024, 09:28:34 AM »

MU Scoop - "Oh damn, Shaka is listed as a canidate for X job"
MU Scoop - "Oh damn, Shaka is not listed as a canidate for X job"
 ;D

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #716 on: March 03, 2024, 09:34:59 AM »
MU Scoop - "Oh damn, Shaka is listed as a canidate for X job"
MU Scoop - "Oh damn, Shaka is not listed as a canidate for X job"
 ;D

They actually mentioned on the broadcast yesterday that Shaka was thrilled to get the job at Marquette because it was a place he could retire.

I hadn't heard that until yesterday. I'd love to have him here until he decides to retire. We need stability in a head coach rather than someone using it as a stepping stone like Crean and Buzz.
VIOLENCE!

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #717 on: March 03, 2024, 09:41:30 AM »
They actually mentioned on the broadcast yesterday that Shaka was thrilled to get the job at Marquette because it was a place he could retire.

I hadn't heard that until yesterday. I'd love to have him here until he decides to retire. We need stability in a head coach rather than someone using it as a stepping stone like Crean and Buzz.

It was not clear to me whether or not Shaka actually said those words, but I hope so. Marquette will, of course, need to continue to keep him happy with not just $ but also a free hand in running the program. Marquette and Shaka certainly seem to have the perfect marriage.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #718 on: March 03, 2024, 09:58:18 AM »
It was not clear to me whether or not Shaka actually said those words, but I hope so. Marquette will, of course, need to continue to keep him happy with not just $ but also a free hand in running the program. Marquette and Shaka certainly seem to have the perfect marriage.

Ya, it was weird the way they set up that whole comment, but that was the first I had heard anyone mention him retiring here. That would be great if he coached another 20 years here and built some stability here.
VIOLENCE!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #719 on: March 03, 2024, 01:49:43 PM »

I like how they mention Oats has Midwest ties due to his time in Wisconsin...then ignores or is unaware of the fact that he spent a decade plus coaching HS basketball a half hour from Ann Arbor.

You'd have to think Mussleman's agent has to be throwing his name in there hard.  With Michigan's resources I think he'd kill it

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #720 on: March 03, 2024, 07:23:30 PM »
Ya, it was weird the way they set up that whole comment, but that was the first I had heard anyone mention him retiring here. That would be great if he coached another 20 years here and built some stability here.

I thought the way the announcers  said it, it was their opinion he could retire here.   I did not take it as they were attributing those words to Shaka.   I could be wrong tho. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 07:34:26 PM by Daniel »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #721 on: March 04, 2024, 12:23:36 PM »
Opportunity opening up in West Coast Conference at Pacific. Wonder if any of our assistant  coaches are viable candidates?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39653186/pacific-fires-coach-leonard-perry-three-seasons
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #722 on: March 04, 2024, 12:43:52 PM »
Opportunity opening up in West Coast Conference at Pacific. Wonder if any of our assistant  coaches are viable candidates?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39653186/pacific-fires-coach-leonard-perry-three-seasons
Problem is, they'd have to live in unnatural carnal knowledgeing Stockton.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #723 on: March 04, 2024, 12:45:12 PM »
I thought the way the announcers  said it, it was their opinion he could retire here.   I did not take it as they were attributing those words to Shaka.   I could be wrong tho.

Agree, but I think announcers should be a little clearer that they are speculating. It's not asking that much from them.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #724 on: March 04, 2024, 01:33:27 PM »
Agree, but I think announcers should be a little clearer that they are speculating. It's not asking that much from them.
It is not too much to ask. Forget being even being professionals, just simple honesty.

Sounds like the broadcast team was not great all around. The JV team got to go to Omaha.