* Recent Posts

Incoming freshmen by seakm4
[Today at 12:30:17 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[June 03, 2024, 11:32:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[June 03, 2024, 11:42:11 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Which of this year's warriors will be on a NBA roster in 12 months?

TKO
69 (29.9%)
Jop
10 (4.3%)
Ross
23 (10%)
Gold
11 (4.8%)
Oso
110 (47.6%)
Other
7 (3%)
KAM!!!!
1 (0.4%)

Total Members Voted: 138

Author Topic: Who is NBA bound in 24-25  (Read 5041 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Who is NBA bound in 24-25
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2023, 10:42:00 AM »
Galileo's crime was lookin up the truth

If you could get Wade, Jae, Diener, Wes, and Jimmy as the guys talking it'd be awesome.

DJO, Lazar, Jerel wouldn't be bad to have in there too.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

1SE

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2023, 05:58:57 PM »
I mean when we cut down the nets at least two, and maybe three will be hearing their name called. That natty boost is real - just ask Nova 2018.

Real Warriors Demand Excellence

panda

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2023, 11:10:11 AM »
Galileo's crime was lookin up the truth

Exactly…

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2023, 12:13:54 PM »
What NBA roster is a 6”9 forward with absolutely zero jump shot playing on? I just don’t see it at all. What comparable player is playing in the league right now? It’s not like he has unseen post game skills athleticism. Amazing college player tho no doubt.

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2023, 12:22:49 PM »
What NBA roster is a 6”9 forward with absolutely zero jump shot playing on? I just don’t see it at all. What comparable player is playing in the league right now? It’s not like he has unseen post game skills athleticism. Amazing college player tho no doubt.

You basically just described Kevon Looney. I actually think it is more important for Oso to show scouts he can rebound at an NBA level than shoot this season.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2023, 12:35:57 PM »
You basically just described Kevon Looney. I actually think it is more important for Oso to show scouts he can rebound at an NBA level than shoot this season.

Could add 6-8 Brandon Clarke, too. 6 total 3FGA in 56 games last season (1,000+ minutes played).

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2023, 12:47:39 PM »
Could add 6-8 Brandon Clarke, too. 6 total 3FGA in 56 games last season (1,000+ minutes played).

Different type of player, but Ben Simmons didn't even attempt a 3FG last season. And Giannis has showed that you can be the best player in the world even if you can't shoot a three for your life.

So Oso should model his game on Giannis is what I'm saying.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2023, 01:58:24 PM »
Different type of player, but Ben Simmons didn't even attempt a 3FG last season. And Giannis has showed that you can be the best player in the world even if you can't shoot a three for your life.

So Oso should model his game on Giannis is what I'm saying.

Giannis might be a bad shooter, but he's not a total non-shooter. 25-30% on 2.5-3 attempts per game is decent enough when you factor in everything else he does.

Ben Simmons is more in line with Oso as a non-shooter.  Oso will get a chance to play in the NBA.  Whether he sticks or not remains to be seen.  A three point shot would make me much more confident in his long term viability.  If not, Oso needs to be able to fill a Looney-esque role, like you said.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2023, 09:49:42 PM »
Comparing anyone to Giannis is just silly………….thats like saying every strong athletic 7 footer should model themselves after Shaq.

Oso can be a role player at the next level…….he can do everything but shoot at 6’9 and guard almost anyone.

I don’t see it with Joplin but I’ve been wrong before.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2023, 03:31:34 PM »
Ok, maybe I didn't ask this the right way - when we cut down the nets next April, which players will be gone for the NBA - it will be more than just Oso and definitely one or both of Ross/Jop
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2023, 06:09:22 PM »

I think Oso could be like Bam in Miami
Bring back FFP!!!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2023, 06:15:34 PM »
I think Oso could be like Bam in Miami

IDK about that...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2023, 12:17:03 AM »

IDK about that...

Believe it or not, that's the most common comp I've heard from NBA people, provided he keeps getting stronger.

With Oso's ball skills there's gonna be a spot for him, and chances are it's gonna be a place that is evolved enough offensively to use his skills.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2023, 07:14:33 PM »
Hope Kameron Jones reads this thread

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2023, 08:44:06 PM »
Hope Kameron Jones reads this thread

Good call...no idea why Kam wasn't listed as a choice.  Must have been a brain fart by the original poster.  I'd rank the roster as far as NBA potential for next NBA season as:

1)Oso
2)Kolek
3)Kam

The following year I'd rank in this order:

1)Gold
2)Chase
3)Jop (tempted to put Zaide here but need to see him for at least 1 year to assess)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2023, 09:33:01 AM »
Kam is going to need to get way more consistent with his outside shot IMO.  Ross was just a tick behind Kam last year from deep, but is way more explosive and much better on the defensive side.  So I understand completely why Kam wouldn't make someone's top three.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2023, 10:10:04 AM »
Kam is going to need to get way more consistent with his outside shot IMO.  Ross was just a tick behind Kam last year from deep, but is way more explosive and much better on the defensive side.  So I understand completely why Kam wouldn't make someone's top three.

In addition to the three ball, he's gonna have to show some ability to create for others as well.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2023, 10:43:12 AM »

I agree Kam needs to become a true knockdown shooter at 40+% to improve his  pro stock.

But looking only at 3FG% doesn't tell the whole story.  While Chase was close to Kam percentage wise, Kam had 4 times more three-point makes and attempts per game.  That is a significant gap, making Kam a much bigger shooting threat than Chase.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2023, 10:44:00 AM »
In addition to the three ball, he's gonna have to show some ability to create for others as well.

And defend more effectively.

I love me some Kam. One of my favorite players in recent memory. But I don't think there are a lot of 6'4 SGs who play below the rim and aren't elite defenders in the NBA. He's a great college player, but I don't see his game translating well to the Association.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2023, 10:47:48 AM »
I agree Kam needs to become a true knockdown shooter at 40+% to improve his  pro stock.

But looking only at 3FG% doesn't tell the whole story.  While Chase was close to Kam percentage wise, Kam had 4 times more three-point makes and attempts per game.  That is a significant gap, making Kam a much bigger shooting threat than Chase.

For now sure. But I am thinking pro potential. TAMU is right here - what does Kam do at an elite level?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2023, 10:50:26 AM »
Kam is a wizard around the rim. I'll be interested to see if he keeps that up (or even close) this year. Regardless, though, I don't think the way he scores at the collegiate level inside would work at the NBA level. Defenders are faster and longer, which would make hitting those angles that much more difficult. I'm a huge fan of his as a college player, but echo the thoughts about him not being suited for the NBA. I would love him to prove me wrong, but I think he needs to show better defense and more athletic explosiveness (both of which Chase has in spades).
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2023, 11:18:51 AM »
And defend more effectively.

I love me some Kam. One of my favorite players in recent memory. But I don't think there are a lot of 6'4 SGs who play below the rim and aren't elite defenders in the NBA. He's a great college player, but I don't see his game translating well to the Association.

On the surface your point makes sense.  However, I see Kam as a taller Nick Van Exel - old school game that is really hard to defend.  Kam isn't an explosive athlete like Chase, yet Kam's change of pace, pivot game, and creativity make him extremely difficult to defend, coupled with being a lefty.

I also feel Kam is a better shooter than his 36% from 3 last season, and think he can be a 40% guy like Markus Howard.  Kam's 64% from 2FG is stellar, comparatively Markus was a 43% guy from 2FG. 

Let's not forget Kam was able to run PG during the NCAA in Tyler's absence, and Kam also scored 18 straight in an NCAA tournament game.

Kam's measurables may not blow one away, but his unique skill set should not be overlooked.  Brock Purdy of the 49ers is an example of a guy who's measurables didn't look NFL-worthy, but he's proven to be a very good QB.  Kolek can fall into this camp as well too.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2023, 11:28:18 AM »
For now sure. But I am thinking pro potential. TAMU is right here - what does Kam do at an elite level?

I am right there with you and TAMU.  Kam is the quintessential great college player that lacks NBA qualities.

Maybe he can improve across the board and become a draft prospect, but thus far Kam looks more like a Euroleague prospect than an NBA one.

feedback