[Today at 04:46:28 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[Today at 04:22:26 PM]

2024 Scoop Art Competition by Skatastrophy
[Today at 09:53:42 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[June 10, 2024, 10:45:56 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Looking forward to seeing  (Read 4211 times)

tower912

• All American
Looking forward to seeing
« on: August 17, 2023, 07:21:26 AM »
TKo coming off the screen of Oso with KJones and Joplin on the wings and Stevie darting along the baseline.

Ross with a strip and a clear line to the rim.

Stevie locking down another PG.

Oso with a big on the perimeter setting up for the spin move.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Looking forward to seeing
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 10:36:14 AM »
Tower—did Muggsy steal your account and post new threads every day?

Im with you…cant wait for this season…should be great.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 10:49:01 AM »
Tower—did Muggsy steal your account and post new threads every day?

Congratulations on the best insult anyone has hit me with in almost 17 years here.  Well done.

:D

A lot to look forward to.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 11:01:13 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Pepe Sylvia

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 11:07:46 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing Marquette play basketball again. I'm frothing at the mouth. I've rewatched games from last year multiple times. I know when we blew out baylor we played pretty bad for the first 5 minutes and still killed em. I would really prefer the basketball games start again soon.
twitterx: @HBOCEOofTits

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 11:17:03 AM »
Looking forward to the BE schedule coming out in about 3 weeks so  I can start planning my annual road trip. Trying to do 2 this season.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2023, 11:42:49 AM »
Looking forward to the BE schedule coming out in about 3 weeks so  I can start planning my annual road trip. Trying to do 2 this season.

Was just in a text stream yesterday with 3 of my MU buddies talking about this very thing. We're already hoping to go to the ND game and maybe another at home, and we want to go to at least 1-2 on the road. Went to Butler the last two years and really enjoyed it; would like to go there again if the timing works out because that's a good distance for all of us. My wife and I have gone twice to games at Georgetown and would go again for sure. Maybe X or Nova or St. John's would be fun - never been to any of those.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2023, 12:14:34 PM »
Was just in a text stream yesterday with 3 of my MU buddies talking about this very thing. We're already hoping to go to the ND game and maybe another at home, and we want to go to at least 1-2 on the road. Went to Butler the last two years and really enjoyed it; would like to go there again if the timing works out because that's a good distance for all of us. My wife and I have gone twice to games at Georgetown and would go again for sure. Maybe X or Nova or St. John's would be fun - never been to any of those.

Glad you had a good time at Butler. Just as every baseball fan should someday see a game at Fenway and at Wrigley, every college basketball fan should catch a game at Hinkle.

Regarding Nova and St. Johns, the last few years when MU was projected to finish in the bottom half of the BE, both schools opted to play us at their smaller ( and more difficult to get to ) on campus arenas.. I would be willing to bet that this season MU plays in town at Wells Fargo and at MSG.

Cintas Center is nice. Kind of a " bandbox" to borrow a baseball term. Really creates a huge homecourt advantage for X. But a fun trip.

Wherever you end up going, enjoy the trip.  Fun going on the road as a top 10 team.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2023, 12:57:34 PM »
…beating Wisconsin in Madison

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2023, 05:27:09 PM »
Notre Dame lose in person.  Lately I've only been seeing them lose on TV. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2023, 08:49:35 PM »
Notre Dame lose in person.  Lately I've only been seeing them lose on TV.

Their roster is Ugly with a capital U. It's really bad. Torvik has them 82 spots below Louisville, and honestly, that might be overrating them. I think Shrewsberry will succeed there, but year one is going to be tough sledding.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2023, 11:31:55 AM »
Glad you had a good time at Butler. Just as every baseball fan should someday see a game at Fenway and at Wrigley, every college basketball fan should catch a game at Hinkle.

Regarding Nova and St. Johns, the last few years when MU was projected to finish in the bottom half of the BE, both schools opted to play us at their smaller ( and more difficult to get to ) on campus arenas.. I would be willing to bet that this season MU plays in town at Wells Fargo and at MSG.

Cintas Center is nice. Kind of a " bandbox" to borrow a baseball term. Really creates a huge homecourt advantage for X. But a fun trip.

Wherever you end up going, enjoy the trip.  Fun going on the road as a top 10 team.

I would love to see MU play at MSG against St. Johns! But with St Johns playing Uconn, Gtown, Nova and Providence at MSG last year, I don't see that changing.
St Johns vs MU would not be the huge draw for MSG compared to the other 4 teams.  But we will see in a few weeks!

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2023, 11:48:16 AM »

Agree on the Butler one--that was a blast. I keep hoping one of the conferences I go to in DC lines up with Marquette being in town. That would be a nice one to go to.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2023, 11:52:27 AM »
I would love to see MU play at MSG against St. Johns! But with St Johns playing Uconn, Gtown, Nova and Providence at MSG last year, I don't see that changing.
St Johns vs MU would not be the huge draw for MSG compared to the other 4 teams.  But we will see in a few weeks!

Marquette was the BE regular season and BET champion last season; they're projected to be a top 10 team this season by everyone in the prediction business; and they return everyone except one guy who left to play in the NBA.

Playing a Rick Pitino coached St John's team at MSG on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in February just screams "big" FOX, national TV, as far as I'm concerned.

But we shall see.

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2023, 12:00:20 PM »
Marquette was the BE regular season and BET champion last season; they're projected to be a top 10 team this season by everyone in the prediction business; and they return everyone except one guy who left to play in the NBA.

Playing a Rick Pitino coached St John's team at MSG on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in February just screams "big" FOX, national TV, as far as I'm concerned.

But we shall see.

Yes, time will tell. I remember reading something about Pitino wants to see St. Johns playing more games in MSG and eventually have every game at MSG. Maybe this year St. Johns gets more games?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2023, 12:20:45 PM »
Kam dancing around at center court as the teams get ready for tip-off
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2023, 12:27:53 PM »
Yes, time will tell. I remember reading something about Pitino wants to see St. Johns playing more games in MSG and eventually have every game at MSG. Maybe this year St. Johns gets more games?

I would say going forward that the number of games St John's plays at MSG annually will be in direct proportion to the success Pitino has as coach. When they were finishing 8th, 9th or 10th in the BE every year, they could have played every game on campus and no one would have given a chit. If they contend for a BE title, they'll want to play every game at MSG.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2023, 01:13:15 PM »
Agree on the Butler one--that was a blast. I keep hoping one of the conferences I go to in DC lines up with Marquette being in town. That would be a nice one to go to.

We've been to two MU-GT games. The first, GT was still decent and the crowd was really good. Our heroes pulled out a close win. The second, GT sucked and it was a small crowd; Marquette fans could be heard a lot more than GT fans.

I'd go back for sure if it works out schedule-wise. It's only about a 6-hour drive for us, and we have family in DC.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2023, 01:22:37 PM »
Used to go to DC for the Georgetown game regularly when I had friends that lived out there.

2009 was my favorite game there. Was a big MU crowd that weekend, we took over the upper deck... and the bars later. Made ourselves heard on the broadcast- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHEvLLe1Nu4
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 01:24:50 PM by MUfan12 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2023, 04:29:08 PM »
We also have fond memories of going to DC to watching MU kick Miami's butts to get to the 2013 Elite Eight.

Unfortunately, the memories of the Syracuse game 2 days later are not so fond.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2023, 07:47:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/1692979420472946885

Looking forward to this.    So much this.   

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2023, 03:02:33 PM »
I would say going forward that the number of games St John's plays at MSG annually will be in direct proportion to the success Pitino has as coach. When they were finishing 8th, 9th or 10th in the BE every year, they could have played every game on campus and no one would have given a chit. If they contend for a BE title, they'll want to play every game at MSG.

MSG a tough arena to book. Knicks and Rangers get first crack. Lots of concerts at the venue. Won't be easy for SJU to book more than a handful of decent dates.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2023, 06:42:41 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2023, 08:40:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/PaintTouches/status/1693617280976855291

And this.   

"And yet... he didn't play PG in high school or at George Mason. The fact Shaka (and #mubb staff) saw this in him deserves more praise."

I asked about this last year and I don't think anyone had an answer for it. I understand he played "a little" PG in AAU, but yes, the fact that he was brought to MU to play point is pretty amazing.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2023, 08:58:19 PM »
The two videos are a master class of running pick and roll offense.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2023, 10:43:07 AM »
Upon his commitment when in high school… GM perhaps just made a bad choice in utilization

“As could be expected, the Magic and Patriots play similar offensive systems. The 6-foot-3 Kolek can operate as a pure point guard in the pick-and-roll or curl off screens and connect on outside shots. Paulsen showed him side-by-side film of sets from Middlesex and George Mason games during his official visit in early September.

“He showed some film from my Middlesex Magic games and some film from George Mason and compared the two,” Kolek said. “He really showed that my strengths play to how they like to play with their style of offense.”
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback