Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Open Practice  (Read 7063 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Open Practice
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2023, 08:11:42 AM »
Here is the new bruiser.

"My dad can beat up your dad!" - I'd take that bet!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2023, 08:17:13 AM »
There was an investigation whether Izzo knew about Nassar?  It's not conceivable he didn't know anything about it being in the same athletic department for 20 yrs.  He's the face of the University. 

The Michigan State athletic department has a few hundred employees.

And the "face of the University" stuff isn't really relevant.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2023, 08:36:06 AM »
Theo and Greg Elliott were at the Open Gym today? Two guys who transferred out and who were not from Milwaukee prior to coming to Marquette. That’s cool they’re back.

Lowers my opinion of Shaka, TBH.  We don’t want those guys around. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2023, 08:39:28 AM »
The Michigan State athletic department has a few hundred employees.

And the "face of the University" stuff isn't really relevant.

So you believe that in 20 years time Izzo hadn't heard a single thing about these crimes?  Nothing whatsoever?  I'm gonna go with a no on that one.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2023, 08:42:10 AM »
So you believe that in 20 years time Izzo hadn't heard a single thing about these crimes?  Nothing whatsoever?  I'm gonna go with a no on that one.

I hope you never sit on a jury.

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2023, 08:43:22 AM »

I mean, I think that's why he got away with it as long as he did right?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2023, 08:45:10 AM »
You have wrong before.  You're wrong now. There is no documented instance of anyone approaching Izzo to complain about Nassar.

As opposed to Anderson at Michigan, Sandusky at Penn St, or Strauss at tOSU.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2023, 08:49:58 AM »

I mean, I think that's why he got away with it as long as he did right?

He also made a ridiculously asinine statement after the victims told their stories about Nassar.  So tone deaf and absurd that many coaches would have been fired immediately.  I remember Aly Raisman's mom lit him up and rightly so.  I simply do not believe Izzo Fluffy.  I'm not saying he's guilty of covering up his crimes or anything but I don't find it plausible that he never heard a single word shout this scumbag.  And we know about the crimes of his players as well.  I frankly think the guy is a colossal asshead and used to respect the man. 

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2023, 08:50:53 AM »
Both MU diploma owners

There's this cool latin word for that called alumni

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2023, 08:51:05 AM »
You have wrong before.  You're wrong now. There is no documented instance of anyone approaching Izzo to complain about Nassar.

As opposed to Anderson at Michigan, Sandusky at Penn St, or Strauss at tOSU.

That's not what I stated or even implied. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2023, 09:13:13 AM »
There's this cool latin word for that called alumni

Alumni means you attended a school whether you graduated or not. Just being pedantic.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2023, 09:20:10 AM »
He also made a ridiculously asinine statement after the victims told their stories about Nassar.  So tone deaf and absurd that many coaches would have been fired immediately.  I remember Aly Raisman's mom lit him up and rightly so.  I simply do not believe Izzo Fluffy.  I'm not saying he's guilty of covering up his crimes or anything but I don't find it plausible that he never heard a single word shout this scumbag.  And we know about the crimes of his players as well.  I frankly think the guy is a colossal asshead and used to respect the man.

Izzo is doomed!😱😱😱

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2023, 09:23:02 AM »
What a vicious series of attacks against someone that is innocent until proven guilty, unless we're no longer living in 'merica, I ain't no commie.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2023, 09:25:10 AM »
What a vicious series of attacks against someone that is innocent until proven guilty, unless we're no longer living in 'merica, I ain't no commie.

Vicious?  I didn't accuse him of a crime.  Anyway, have a good day all. 

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2023, 09:27:22 AM »
Here is the new bruiser.

Todd already has him on a 2-a-day lifting program.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2023, 09:33:27 AM »
Vicious?  I didn't accuse him of a crime.  Anyway, have a good day all.

Scumbag? Colossal asshead?

Hmmmm.  For someone who appears to be pretty sensitive and quick to call others disagreeing "attacks", I would think you would be more courteous.

Anyway, have a good day.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2023, 09:46:54 AM »
you seem like a Jack Smith kinda guy. Just sayin’.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2023, 10:34:50 AM »

Scoop in the offseason <<<<<

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2023, 10:38:14 AM »
Alumni means you attended a school whether you graduated or not. Just being pedantic.

Today I learned

• All American
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2023, 11:01:58 AM »

I'm sure your opinion of him keeps him up at night.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2023, 11:16:46 AM »
If Muggsy only did not mean to be taken seriously, he’d be the quintessential example of hyperbole.

Izzo’s first statement about Nassar was poorly worded. But let’s not make it something it is wasn’t. To call it asinine, frankly, is asinine. He referred to the victims as courageous and acknowledged the damage caused. His misstep was in supporting leadership at MSU that allowed this to occur under their watch, including the leadership of Lou Ann Simon who for 30+ years was considered one of the better university presidents in America. Perhaps he should have held back and placed all focus on the victims.

We can talk about what the “perfect” off the cuff statement right after a basketball game was, especially after learning the institution love and have dedicated yourself to is not infallible. I don’t know that there is a perfect statement in the face of such damage.

In the end, Izzo corrected himself and acknowledged his statements were less than ideal. Muggsy, on the other hand, and in the face of actual facts, has doubled down and extended his usage of outrageous adjectives against a man he has never met. This begs the question, who has shown real character here?

Like I said, doubling down on unsubstantiated personal opinion seems to be par for the course these days.

That’s asinine!

PS. We should be wary of throwing stones from glass houses. Even when built on the foundation of shiny adjectives, like asinine, colossal, and absurd.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2023, 01:44:18 PM »

Muggsy probably didn't speak personally to dozens of people who used to work for Nassar. Just sayin'.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2023, 03:43:30 PM »
Muggsy probably didn't speak personally to dozens of people who used to work for Nassar. Just sayin'.

Muggsy isn't the only person who thinks Izzo is full of crap and an asshat.  Just sayin'.  And using strong language about someone is not a "vicious attack".  I don't care for the guy. 

Viper

• All American
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2023, 06:30:28 PM »
Muggsy isn't the only person who thinks Izzo is full of crap and an asshat.  Just sayin'.  And using strong language about someone is not a "vicious attack".  I don't care for the guy.
so…you know Izzo personally? Just curious.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2023, 07:57:33 PM »
so…you know Izzo personally? Just curious.

I don't know him personally but I'm entitled to render an opinion. 

feedback