collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:20:49 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 07:13:08 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:13:05 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lemonis Center for Student Success  (Read 520 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Lemonis Center for Student Success
« on: June 19, 2023, 10:24:38 AM »
Really cool project and gift by Marcus and Bobbi Lemonis today.

https://today.marquette.edu/2023/06/renovations-and-construction-begin-on-lemonis-center-for-student-success/

"Centrally located and highly visible, the Lemonis Center for Student Success will provide wraparound services for students across all majors, academic abilities, and backgrounds to enrich and expand student opportunities from the moment they step on campus until they graduate. Building on Marquette’s Catholic, Jesuit tradition, the Lemonis Center will help students engage in thoughtful discernment that is infused in Ignatian education, emphasizing a deep sense of connection and meaningful engagement."

Anway, a lot of these types of centers are being placed in more prominent locations on campuses across the country because you want to make sure they are visible - and not just used by students who are in trouble academically. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Lemonis Center for Student Success
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 11:25:33 AM »
Really cool project and gift by Marcus and Bobbi Lemonis today.

https://today.marquette.edu/2023/06/renovations-and-construction-begin-on-lemonis-center-for-student-success/

"Centrally located and highly visible, the Lemonis Center for Student Success will provide wraparound services for students across all majors, academic abilities, and backgrounds to enrich and expand student opportunities from the moment they step on campus until they graduate. Building on Marquette’s Catholic, Jesuit tradition, the Lemonis Center will help students engage in thoughtful discernment that is infused in Ignatian education, emphasizing a deep sense of connection and meaningful engagement."

Anway, a lot of these types of centers are being placed in more prominent locations on campuses across the country because you want to make sure they are visible - and not just used by students who are in trouble academically.

I think it's interesting to see what colleges are doing with their library spaces. Coincidentally, I happened to visit my other alma mater this weekend for the first time in 20+ years. I was with my daughter and was happy to see that the doors were open and I was able to look around and see what has changed and offer an impromptu tour. Much of the library space that had previously housed books had been changed to comfortable study spaces (as opposed to carrels) and offices. Are a lot of campus libraries significantly re-purposing spaces as the need for massive amounts of space to house books declines? If so, are they continuing to house hard copies of the books somewhere in archives?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Lemonis Center for Student Success
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 11:44:23 AM »
On top of what Marquette is doing, a lot of libraries are seeking additional space for small group collaborative work and even small group instruction. Sometimes you will find your student facing IT functions there as well. To make room, the periodicals section has been greatly reduced (most are online anyway.)  And some places have even moved their least in-demand books to off-site remote storage.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback