[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Aaron Rodgers Post Packers Thread  (Read 24338 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Aaron Rodgers Post Packers Thread
« Reply #375 on: January 04, 2024, 09:09:38 AM »
Oh I think the answer is yes. I think they are overall pleased with McAfee.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #376 on: January 04, 2024, 11:09:39 AM »
He's a dope, but he's ESPN's foray into trying to capture the market of Barstool fans (e.g., the worst bros imaginable, but I guess even the worst bros imaginable buy alcohol, gambling services, and weird brain pills, so that's some ads they can try to sell). The real question will be: "Is cracking that market segment worth more than the PR headache of what is necessary to do so?" If the answer to that question is "yes," then McAfee sticks around to continue his off brand Barstool act. If the answer is "no," then he doesnt.

Its no coincidence that McAfee got poached from another gambling service around the time ESPNBet came about.  Until that is viewed as a failure (which I don't think is any time soon), he's not going anywhere.  They will just reign him in a bit here and there if needed.  He's the perfect fit for the meathead gambling bro that LOVES talking about gambling and thats become a HUGE market.

I thought he was great for awhile.  But he's become so absurdly formulaic.  If you follow him on X, he repeats the same jokes and tropes over and over (aka his overblown Pittsburgh accent thing) with little originality.  It didn't sour me on him, but it made me kind of sick of him.  However, it doesn't really seem like his appeal has dimmed at all.  I will say he's better on GameDay than he is on his own.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #377 on: January 04, 2024, 11:53:26 AM »
I worked with Pat when he was an unknown / sometimes troublesome punter in Indy. He’s always been great content.  He was the 5th wheel on a Colts show and he always shined the brightest. 

I’ve tracked his rise and it’s been a rocket ship bc I know what I was paying him in 2013 and what he asked for in 2019 and to see him now 100 fold is incredible.  He has a knack for understanding what an audience wants but that does come at the expense of his bosses.  Hawk was very complicit in the Kimmel thing (it’s obviously a hot topic on Packers alum text string bc of what Bakhtiari posted the day before).  I kinda think Pat knew what was coming and didn’t think out the repercussions.   He continues to be only audience driven.  It’s going to bite him. 

FWIW, my 15 year old son thinks McAfee has saved Gameday, made it relevant again.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

• All American
« Reply #378 on: January 04, 2024, 12:08:43 PM »
FWIW, my 15 year old son thinks McAfee has saved Gameday, made it relevant again.

That's definitely a generational thing because I think he's made it less watchable. But I'm 56. Hardly in their target market.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #379 on: January 04, 2024, 12:22:35 PM »
That's definitely a generational thing because I think he's made it less watchable. But I'm 56. Hardly in their target market.

On that show, I think he’s fine.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #380 on: January 04, 2024, 12:43:05 PM »
I can take him or leave him. But for that genre, he is above average.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #381 on: January 04, 2024, 03:08:50 PM »

Which is weird, you have much more disposable income (I am guessing  ;) ), than your typical 15-30 year old.

• All American
« Reply #382 on: January 04, 2024, 03:42:52 PM »
Which is weird, you have much more disposable income (I am guessing  ;) ), than your typical 15-30 year old.

While true, I am also pretty much set in my ways. This is why target demographics are usually 18-49.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #383 on: January 05, 2024, 07:34:40 AM »
I am not a fan of his hot take stuff, but Nick Wright's take on Rodgers is 100% spot on:

https://www.marca.com/en/nfl/2024/01/05/6597364ae2704e859e8b456c.html

Paraphrasing him, but just imagine a universe where Steph Curry goes on Dan Patrick's show, and just casually accuses Julia Roberts of murder.  In any other universe, the story wouldn't be the future of the Dan Patrick show, or what is NBC gonna do about this Dan Patrick thing, rather, people would be concerned about Steph Curry, but Rodgers gets a pass because he has been slow playing this conspiracy thing for years.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #384 on: January 05, 2024, 07:36:51 AM »
I am not a fan of his hot take stuff, but Nick Wright's take on Rodgers is 100% spot on:

Paraphrasing him, but just imagine a universe where Steph Curry goes on Dan Patrick's show, and just casually accuses Julia Roberts of murder.  In any other universe, the story wouldn't be the future of the Dan Patrick show, or what is NBC gonna do about this Dan Patrick thing, rather, people would be concerned about Steph Curry, but Rodgers gets a pass because he has been slow playing this conspiracy thing for years.

All because he’ll never get to host SNL

• All American
« Reply #385 on: January 05, 2024, 07:42:47 AM »

"And it unfortunately is a bit of a canary in the coal mine for what a lot of us are dealing with in our own personal lives with our friends, family or extended family, and on college basketball message boards."

I mean, we literally have a "heath care professional" who talked about the freedom that a vaccine would give everyone, whose tune changed when a portion of the internet started talking about it negatively.

We have another "heath care professional" who was pushing a whack-job treatment and loudly proclaimed that the studies will show its effectiveness, but when it actually shows the opposite, is nowhere to be found.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #386 on: January 05, 2024, 07:45:59 AM »
"And it unfortunately is a bit of a canary in the coal mine for what a lot of us are dealing with in our own personal lives with our friends, family or extended family, and on college basketball message boards."

I mean, we literally have a "heath care professional" who talked about the freedom that a vaccine would give everyone, whose tune changed when a portion of the internet started talking about it negatively.

We have another "heath care professional" who was pushing a whack-job treatment and loudly proclaimed that the studies will show its effectiveness, but when it actually shows the opposite, is nowhere to be found.

Dental School produces dentists, not smart people.  I know plenty of people with advanced degrees who I would never take any advice from regarding anything outside their profession.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #387 on: January 05, 2024, 07:50:12 AM »
Hards, first fundamental prerequisite for admittance into dental school...ya gotten be smart. What years did you apply, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #388 on: January 05, 2024, 07:52:06 AM »
Hards, first fundamental prerequisite for admittance into dental school...ya gotten be smart. What years did you apply, hey?

So what happened?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #389 on: January 05, 2024, 08:07:29 AM »

I didn't.  Also, all you need to be is a good* student.

*not really, it is highly dependent.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #390 on: January 05, 2024, 08:30:29 AM »

I was told you actually don’t need to be a good student to get into law school or medical school, only the “protected classes” get in now

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #391 on: January 05, 2024, 09:11:10 AM »

Dependent in what? Context, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #392 on: January 05, 2024, 09:29:10 AM »
I was told you actually don’t need to be a good student to get into law school or medical school, only the “protected classes” get in now

all you need to go to law school is a checkbook and a pulse.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #393 on: January 05, 2024, 09:51:27 AM »

Dependent in what? Context, hey?

I know you've done some time over there, but I doubt you've worked admissions.  I could be wrong.

Admissions doesn't just go down the list of who has the best grades and then accepts them.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #394 on: January 05, 2024, 10:50:45 AM »
Did I just get doxed, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #395 on: January 05, 2024, 10:55:26 AM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #396 on: January 05, 2024, 11:14:45 AM »
Did I just get doxed, hey?

Nope, either you or someone has mentioned it before.

I'd have no other way of knowing.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #397 on: January 05, 2024, 11:25:59 AM »
I mean, we literally have a "heath care professional" who talked about the freedom that a vaccine would give everyone, whose tune changed when a portion of the internet Fox News started talking about it negatively.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #398 on: January 05, 2024, 11:29:20 AM »
all you need to go to law school is a checkbook and a pulse.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers

feedback