'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Of the remaining coaches....  (Read 1569 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Of the remaining coaches....
« on: March 20, 2023, 10:33:17 AM »
Top 3 you dislike the most??
Top 3 you like the most??

I'll defer to the experts because I pretty much hate everyone right now. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Of the remaining coaches....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 10:35:50 AM »
Dislike:
Hurley
Izzo
Oates

Like:
Tang
Musselman
Larranega

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 10:37:38 AM »
Dislike:
Hurley
Izzo
Oates

Like:
Tang
Musselman
Larranega

I'm a fan of Tang.  The SDSU coach seems likeable. 

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 10:40:27 AM »
Lot of unlikeable coaches.  Izzo and Oates right at the top with Muss just below.  Hurley, Miller, Sampson not likeable.

Like Laranega, Tang, Barnes, Few, and Cronin.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 11:05:46 AM »
I love everybody.

Favorites:  Izzo, Hurley, Few, McD.

Not favorites:  Oates, Sampson, Cronin.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2023, 11:14:34 AM »
Like: Izzo, Laranega, Barnes, Sampson, McDermott

Dislike: Cronin, Oates, Painter (oh yeah he’s not playing 🤣 🤣 🤣)

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2023, 11:45:29 AM »
How anybody likes or root for Izzo, or anyone inside the MSU athletic department, is beyond me.  They're worse than the Bama athletic department and coaching staff.  They're worse than Penn State under Paterno or Syracuse with Bernie Fine.  They're literally the worst of the worst.  From Nassar to the football team to the basketball team, it's all horrendous.

Izzo let an undergrad student-assistant (so not like some irreplaceable position either...) continue to coach after the guy was criminally charged with punching a female in the face at a bar.  He then went on and, not surprisingly, sexually assaulted a different MSU student.  In 2015 MSU counselors discouraged a woman from reporting being raped by 3 basketball players.  As recently as 2020 Brock Washington raped a woman who was too intoxicated to consent.  It's absolutely insane how gross that athletic department has been for a long, long time.  And Izzo has had that type of behavior happening for decades and, whether it's him directly or the athletic department or whatever, that behavior has been enabled throughout the entire athletic department.  Until there is an entire overhaul in that department, there's no chance I'll ever root for them in anything.  Kolek every last one of them.

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2023, 11:50:40 AM »
withoutbias

That’s fair, man. I was squarely in your camp until the lead up to this game.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2023, 11:54:48 AM »
How anybody likes or root for Izzo, or anyone inside the MSU athletic department, is beyond me.  They're worse than the Bama athletic department and coaching staff.  They're worse than Penn State under Paterno or Syracuse with Bernie Fine.  They're literally the worst of the worst.  From Nassar to the football team to the basketball team, it's all horrendous.

Izzo let an undergrad student-assistant (so not like some irreplaceable position either...) continue to coach after the guy was criminally charged with punching a female in the face at a bar.  He then went on and, not surprisingly, sexually assaulted a different MSU student.  In 2015 MSU counselors discouraged a woman from reporting being raped by 3 basketball players.  As recently as 2020 Brock Washington raped a woman who was too intoxicated to consent.  It's absolutely insane how gross that athletic department has been for a long, long time.  And Izzo has had that type of behavior happening for decades and, whether it's him directly or the athletic department or whatever, that behavior has been enabled throughout the entire athletic department.  Until there is an entire overhaul in that department, there's no chance I'll ever root for them in anything.  Kolek every last one of them.

Ya....i lost a ton of respect for him.  He also said  a number of asinine things during the Nassar trial. 

Was he even asked about Appling going to prison for murder?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 11:57:14 AM by MuggsyB »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2023, 11:55:38 AM »
Top 3 you dislike the most??
Top 3 you like the most??

I'll defer to the experts because I pretty much hate everyone right now.

Dislike: Izzo, just a despicable person, Mick Cronin

Like: No particular faves.  They all have warts
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Spirit Of James

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2023, 12:27:29 PM »

Izzo is pure slime.  He continued to let those 3 players play in games during the investigation, and did not hold them accountable.  When he got busted for hiring a recruit's uncle to work his summer camp, he took his one game suspension but pretended it was all a big coincidence.  When MSU bball got busted for giving Miles Bridges and his family money under the table, Izzo pretended he knew nothing about it.  Did not hold himself accountable either.  After the Attorney General launched its investigation into MSU sports following the Nasser incidents, they released the police report of what those 3 players did to that girl, and it was despicable.  One of the players was released from his NBA G-league team, and one was released from the team he was playing on overseas.  Since the investigation, MSU turned over its President, Athletic Director, and they even got Dantonio out of there for all the stuff going on with the football program.  The only one still somehow remaining is Izzo.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2023, 12:56:50 PM »
Spartan fans can eff off. They’re all pissy on their board for these comments.

My message to Sparty fans that are reading this, You don’t get the benefit of the doubt if you continue to support that athletic department after what happened.

Izzo is not a good human. Period.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 03:59:24 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2023, 05:18:38 PM »
Spartan fans can eff off. They’re all pissy on their board for these comments.

My message to Sparty fans that are reading this, You don’t get the benefit of the doubt if you continue to support that athletic department after what happened.

What's the Izzo/Appling story?  I'm reading conflicting things. 

Izzo is not a good human. Period.

feedback